[Misinformation] Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 "Ultra", faster than RTX 3060 Ti

Wasn't there also a 650ti BOOST, wonder when that will be brought back. 

Never imagined that novideo would bring back the "Ultra" model name.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

14 minutes ago, AlexBlob said:

Wasn't there also a 650ti BOOST, wonder when that will be brought back. 

There was - and I own two of them.

elephants

You know it's proper news when it's just a Wccftech article that starts with "As per our sources".

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Flooding the market so you have something at every price point. And when you search for GPUs there will be much more NVIDIA results than AMD.

But what's the point? What is the end goal? Usually the end goal is selling all of your cards but they are already doing that with great ease. They aren't increasing sales or profit by doing what they are doing so I fail to see the point. Maybe it would make sense to do this when stock is back to normal but now isn't really the time as even if they have 20 skus it means nothing if non of it is in stock. 

I'm waiting for a small form factor version of something like this or an RX-6700 series card, but seeing how even the normal sized ones won't ever be in stock I'll probably be waiting until RTX-4000 and RX-7000 series come out.

"Ultra" moniker actually dates as far back as Riva TNT2 days with Riva TNT2 Ultra card.