Holy Schmoly, I went to same high school as I did with Linus!

Gizmokrap

I was just casually browsing Linus' LinkedIn and saw it said he attended the same high school I was at so I pulled out my yearbook and lo and behold, he was in grade 11 and 12 as I was going through 8 and 9!

I feel honoured! 

53755758_LinusBlurred.jpg.d16527c81b413ed9f79594548fa83eac.jpg20201203_124650.thumb.jpg.beb04c3e8431fcb46df38d4ed85b429f.jpg.c04e772b75c5a94dc888211fe81741eb.jpg

Edited by SansVarnic
Blurred photos

"thanx"

Cringe.

It's neat. Linus Exposed from his high school days.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

"thanx"

Cringe.

It's neat. Linus Exposed from his high school days.

Yup, 2004 in all its glory

he did say he always wanted to be a writer but holy crap :D 

image.png.2f5de5f5f863a8e2e63ff8ddeb9c5503.png

this is good

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

@LinusTechthanx for writing that that way. Haha

Dude, until he grew a beard, he looked the same...

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

7 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Is it really necessary to share pictures and stuff about his personal life? This is kinda of stalking

Yearbook photos are not exactly 'private', and Linus was aware of it being taken. I believe that some schools have old yearbooks archived, and all that anyone has to do to view the images is send a request...

If someone shoved a camera over the fence in his back yard and took pics of him that way, then dropped them all over the internet, that would be a bit sketchy.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Is it really necessary to share pictures and stuff about his personal life? This is kinda of stalking

If he deems it invasive and asks me to take it down I will. But as Sara said, yearbooks are quite public in a sense that at least couple of hundreds to couple of thousands other former students will have ready access to it. 

And stalking implies that I somehow went out of my way to obtain this where in fact I had it sitting in my book case for the last 16 years. 

dude this is crazy

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

7 hours ago, Gizmokrap said:

And stalking implies that I somehow went out of my way to obtain this

Not true, while in your case it could be pure boredom or nostalgia, perhaps seeing if someone well known actually attended the same school&years as you since you likely share similar graduation years/age. However in everyday situations all it takes is enough events of you minding your business and some schizophrenic/paranoid person thinking you are following them. Police shouldn't do anything to someone in said situation, but it can happen.

1 hour ago, TrainFan2020 said:

dude this is crazy

What is? That someone found someone from the same school who became popular online? that has to be the easiest thing to do depending on school size. My school had about 160 people graduated (small school, considering where I lived at the time) when I did and I don't know if any became popular (mainly because I won't google their names), however I did bump into one person on the subway one day afterwards months later, wasn't crazy to me, just a everyday thing. Linus was open about his past, maybe not school wise but area. So if you are within 1-2 years of Linus's age lived around the area he was growing up, it's perfectly feasible to have gone to school with him w/o even knowing it, potentially even talking to him once or twice, maybe even sitting next to him in a class. Now what would be crazy is if OP went to the same school left the province, came back and somehow got a job working for him without knowing, then finding out they went to the same high school, that would be crazy ;) Tho the odds of that happening are still fairly high since Linus never left BC.

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Not true, while in your case it could be pure boredom or nostalgia, perhaps seeing if someone well known actually attended the same school&years as you since you likely share similar graduation years/age. However in everyday situations all it takes is enough events of you minding your business and some schizophrenic/paranoid person thinking you are following them. Police shouldn't do anything to someone in said situation, but it can happen.

What is? That someone found someone from the same school who became popular online? that has to be the easiest thing to do depending on school size. My school had about 160 people graduated (small school, considering where I lived at the time) when I did and I don't know if any became popular (mainly because I won't google their names), however I did bump into one person on the subway one day afterwards months later, wasn't crazy to me, just a everyday thing. Linus was open about his past, maybe not school wise but area. So if you are within 1-2 years of Linus's age lived around the area he was growing up, it's perfectly feasible to have gone to school with him w/o even knowing it, potentially even talking to him once or twice, maybe even sitting next to him in a class. Now what would be crazy is if OP went to the same school left the province, came back and somehow got a job working for him without knowing, then finding out they went to the same high school, that would be crazy ;) Tho the odds of that happening are still fairly high since Linus never left BC.

Sorry to shoot down your theory, yes it's true I went to the same high school as him (won't name the high school even if it's stated publicly if you looked) and I do live out of the province due to my current occupation but won't be working with Linus since my occupation is completely different from his field. 

40 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I'm not bothered by it.

Hi Linus, sorry for the unwanted "doxxing" even if you say you aren't bothered by it. I was just surprised that a famous youtuber such as yourself went to the same school as I did and posted it sorta hoping you'd see as well, giving you a small nostalgic trip back to 2004. 

1 hour ago, Gizmokrap said:

Sorry to shoot down your theory, yes it's true I went to the same high school as him (won't name the high school even if it's stated publicly if you looked) and I do live out of the province due to my current occupation but won't be working with Linus since my occupation is completely different from his field. 

But it would be crazy if it was to happen no?(hence my point) Also the fact you are out of province as well is kind of insane on its own since I know nothing about you lol. (that and BC is the third most populated province in the country).

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

But it would be crazy if it was to happen no?(hence my point) Also the fact you are out of province as well is kind of insane on its own since I know nothing about you lol. (that and BC is the third most populated province in the country).

Oh yeah the odds would be astronomical (probably) and the fact that my graduating year of university (2012) had some trouble with employment, it's not wild to guess that graduates would take a job out of province if it got them hired (not saying it's easy now)

The craziest thing about this for me is how many of the people on the page with me I had never ever exchanged a word with. I wouldn't have known the name of over half of them if I saw them in the hallway.

God I was a loner lol.

6 hours ago, LinusTech said:

The craziest thing about this for me is how many of the people on the page with me I had never ever exchanged a word with. I wouldn't have known the name of over half of them if I saw them in the hallway.

God I was a loner lol.

Well you are the opposite of a loner now!

Imagine what his voice sounded like back then? 

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

On 12/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, Gizmokrap said:

Well you are the opposite of a loner now!

Indeed, School can teach you a thing or two, but i don't think Linus needed School to be the dude he is Today 😉

PS, just noticed me and Linus's forum nick ends with "Tech"  xD and i've had this nick before i started being on this Forum :P 

On 12/8/2020 at 3:29 PM, comander said:

Life gets better when you can pay people to be your friends. 

Especially 30 of them!