BEWARE OF TITANFALL

Faceman

I had purchased Titanfall from Green Man Gaming for $40 on Feb. 14th, this was before we knew the game would be 50GB, if I knew it was going to be 50GB when I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have followed through with my purchase. 

50GB game with no single player and only a few maps, uncompressed audio files???  -- RED FLAG

The time came for us to be able to pre-load our game via Origin on 3/7/14. Eager to get this 50GB download out of the way, I started my pre-load.  It was going rather fast at first, but when I hit the 60%-70% mark, I received an error:

"Download failed -- Missing Files, please restart Origin and resume."

I tried to restart Origin, resume my download and it would resume, but then the same message would pop up again, and I would resume again, only to have my download progress diminished, it would say 80%, then drop down to 68% or some variation of that, jumping around and never making any progress.  Finally I decided to reinstall Origin and try again.  I did that, and had the same problem, I tried reinstalling again, would choose to install on my HDD or my SSD, tried anything I could think of, with no luck.  I would try and just push through by constantly resuming download, but I would always lose any progress I had made. I finally emailed EA customer service on 3/7, and I still haven't received a reply.  I posted on the EA/Origin Forums about this issue, turns out one other person had been having this problem, but no one knows how to fix it.

Bad customer service, not a new issue, but another RED FLAG

Today, 3/10 I finally get in touch with EA customer service via their online chat, I was disconnected twice before I could finally talk with someone at length.  I ask if this is a known issue, he said no, but then followed it up with "I have helped many other people resolve this same issue."  I was initially delighted, ok, great, it is a known issue, and he can tell me how to fix it.  He starts asking some basic info, which I thought was weird, he should have that information on his screen because I am already registered with them.  He then tells me to disable my firewall, completely. 

DISABLE MY FIREWALL TO DOWNLOAD A GAME??? -- RED FLAG

I don't think I should have to compromise my network's security for a simple game download.  I have been downloading games regularly through Amazon and Steam for years without encountering so much as a hiccup.  I voiced my concern and then he then starts asking me what the answers are to security questions on my account, I found this really disturbing and didn't oblige.  By now, I told him I want either a refund or a hard copy of the game.  He said he couldn't and wouldn't facilitate either because my code had already been claimed on Origin.  I'm sure because I went through a 3rd party, (GMG) he couldn't do anything about it, but he was still not helpful and this was never brought up in our conversation until after the fact that my code had already been claimed.  I am contacting GMG with a transcript and screenshots of my problems, hopefully they will refund my money.

Bottom line, my firewall is preventing a simple game from being downloaded, probably because there is something that needs to be prevented on there.  Throw in the fact that this game is 50GB?  It is extremely shady.  I am better off taking the $50 hit if I have to than losing my and my family's identity. 

I want others to beware though, there is something fishy going on with this game.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

lol do you think it's a trojan or something? this is absurd it's a game why would they just go ahead and ruin their reputation like that, and with EA publishing it I think they would check if it's a game or not ;).

Mine downloaded just fine the first time and didn't ask me to disable my firewall. 

The audio is 30gb by itself. You'll know that once the game finishes downloading and starts installing.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

:( Sorry man. It seemed so awesome.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I doubt a game from Origin is a virus...

I don't know, it is EA after all...

med_gallery_4760_253_171423.jpg

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

The antivirus tend to think games are viruses as they send and receive information, the game which isnt registered on the system on anti virus software jumps to the conclusion that its a threat, this happened with elder scrolls online, warface and bf4 beta before with me back when i used mcafee*vomits*

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Look, disable your firewall and try again...

Comb it with a brick

Look, disable your firewall and try again...

best profile picture NA xD

not to sound against you but you should at least say what kind of software manages that firewall, not asking for specifics but people have very different kinds of firewall setups  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The antivirus tend to think games are viruses as they send and receive information, the game which isnt registered on the system on anti virus software jumps to the conclusion that its a threat, this happened with elder scrolls online, warface and bf4 beta before with me back when i used mcafee*vomits*

I've downloaded all of those games you mentioned except warface? and never encountered an issue.  50GB for a multiplayer only game?  Lots of unnecessary audio files?  There is a good chance I am completely wrong about this, I admit, but this is too much of a hurdle for me to stomache at this point in time.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

not to sound against you but you should at least say what kind of software manages that firewall, not asking for specifics but people have very different kinds of firewall setups  

I just have your standard Windows 8.1 firewall

I just have your standard Windows 8.1 firewall

well in that case i'm clueless what the issues is, maybe this is the fuck up EA has given users whit this game, anyways outside this and the massive download file this game hasn't have any other know issues 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Checked out or googled Origin download cache problems?, as I had BF3 stick at 80% and had some file errors, went into the cache and did something specific and in turn, it worked out okay and let me finish it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You don't lose your or your family's identity by disabling your firewall ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

You don't lose your or your family's identity by disabling your firewall ;)

No, but I will become susceptible to that when I shouldn't have to open myself up to that risk in the first place.

No, but I will become susceptible to that when I shouldn't have to open myself up to that risk in the first place.

Realistically you shouldn't be in jeopardy if you don't log into any banking sites etc while it'd downloading.

If you have sensitive information on your PC, well, that's something you might want to change.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

lol do you think it's a trojan or something? this is absurd it's a game why would they just go ahead and ruin their reputation like that, and with EA publishing it I think they would check if it's a game or not ;).

Why would they want to infect me with a horse dude... it wouldnt even fit in my computer case i dont have a 900D.... Nah but in all seriousness i dont think EA is trying to hack into your computer

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

I had purchased Titanfall from Green Man Gaming for $40 on Feb. 14th, this was before we knew the game would be 50GB, if I knew it was going to be 50GB when I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have followed through with my purchase. 

50GB game with no single player and only a few maps, uncompressed audio files???  -- RED FLAG

The time came for us to be able to pre-load our game via Origin on 3/7/14. Eager to get this 50GB download out of the way, I started my pre-load.  It was going rather fast at first, but when I hit the 60%-70% mark, I received an error:

"Download failed -- Missing Files, please restart Origin and resume."

I tried to restart Origin, resume my download and it would resume, but then the same message would pop up again, and I would resume again, only to have my download progress diminished, it would say 80%, then drop down to 68% or some variation of that, jumping around and never making any progress.  Finally I decided to reinstall Origin and try again.  I did that, and had the same problem, I tried reinstalling again, would choose to install on my HDD or my SSD, tried anything I could think of, with no luck.  I would try and just push through by constantly resuming download, but I would always lose any progress I had made. I finally emailed EA customer service on 3/7, and I still haven't received a reply.  I posted on the EA/Origin Forums about this issue, turns out one other person had been having this problem, but no one knows how to fix it.

Bad customer service, not a new issue, but another RED FLAG

Today, 3/10 I finally get in touch with EA customer service via their online chat, I was disconnected twice before I could finally talk with someone at length.  I ask if this is a known issue, he said no, but then followed it up with "I have helped many other people resolve this same issue."  I was initially delighted, ok, great, it is a known issue, and he can tell me how to fix it.  He starts asking some basic info, which I thought was weird, he should have that information on his screen because I am already registered with them.  He then tells me to disable my firewall, completely. 

DISABLE MY FIREWALL TO DOWNLOAD A GAME??? -- RED FLAG

I don't think I should have to compromise my network's security for a simple game download.  I have been downloading games regularly through Amazon and Steam for years without encountering so much as a hiccup.  I voiced my concern and then he then starts asking me what the answers are to security questions on my account, I found this really disturbing and didn't oblige.  By now, I told him I want either a refund or a hard copy of the game.  He said he couldn't and wouldn't facilitate either because my code had already been claimed on Origin.  I'm sure because I went through a 3rd party, (GMG) he couldn't do anything about it, but he was still not helpful and this was never brought up in our conversation until after the fact that my code had already been claimed.  I am contacting GMG with a transcript and screenshots of my problems, hopefully they will refund my money.

Bottom line, my firewall is preventing a simple game from being downloaded, probably because there is something that needs to be prevented on there.  Throw in the fact that this game is 50GB?  It is extremely shady.  I am better off taking the $50 hit if I have to than losing my and my family's identity. 

I want others to beware though, there is something fishy going on with this game.

Do you smoke weed by any chance?  :blink:

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

You could just disable the firewall for getting the game installed and then reenable it once its down. Its not like this is going to be a common problem, and chances are its BS anyway and the guy at Origin is just following a script and that isn't your problem at all. Doesn't hurt to try.

The only person we should be blaming is valve whom made source engine...

this is seems like a storm in a cup of water, not that big of a deal...

Have I been the only one to turn off firewalls when steam wouldn't download properly?