BEWARE OF TITANFALL

Faceman

luckily I had no problems with my download on Friday and hell, I was getting 8MB/s and we only pay for 6Mb/s, I thought it was a mistake but I got the full 50 gig's in 3 hours and that wouldn't not happen at 6Mb/s. but anyhow to stay more on topic. I went through EA them selves and had no downloading issue's or install issues. I just hope when I go to launch it tonight at 12am it goes without a hitch.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

FYI I didn't need to disable my firewall, antivirus or any other program while pre-loading Titanfall this evening. Everything went smoothly and as expected. 

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Just a heads up, as far as I know, its a 20GB download, not a 50GB download.

It is 50GB uncompressed, but they don't expect you to download that much. Still crazy amount to have 35GB of audio, but whatever, still a smaller download.

Now, I can't talk about having to turn of a firewall, as I've not got it yet, its only out on Friday, so I'll buy it probs on Sat/Sun.

But during the beta and any other Origin game, I've downloaded it without a problem.

Now that's through Uni internet with its weird policies and block P2P and whatnot, and I've yet to get a problem, unless you count the slow speeds -.-.

I really doubt that there is something fishy going on with this game, it just sounds like you got unlucky when trying to install it.

Everyone likes to hate on EA, but they are a big company, they won't be installing some form of virus or something on your PC....

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Everyone needs to stop complaining about the size, install it on an ssd, play it AND GET OVER IT. Btw I've been playing for 6 hours, lovin it.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Everyone needs to stop complaining about the size, install it on an ssd, play it AND GET OVER IT. Btw I've been playing for 6 hours, lovin it.

He's not got an issue with its size, but the way he needs to disable his firewall to download it properly as origin has an issue.

It isnt an issue with the size of the DL, but how he is DL'ing it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Another thing to consider, if I install this game on my SSD, 50GB of SSD is roughly another $40 worth of SSD storage.  Which would mean I have to pay $100 to play this game.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Another thing to consider, if I install this game on my SSD, 50GB of SSD is roughly another $40 worth of SSD storage.  Which would mean I have to pay $100 to play this game.

You didn't buy the season pass...what....what's wrong with you? add another $20 then

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

You do realize how silly this sounds right?

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

e014cd5529461b2aae5cbc2fbdd0d274.gif

Everyone with an SSD right now.

Eh... RAID0. I'm good. lol

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Just played about an hour of TitanFall and it's a really good game; reminds me of an old school twitch shooter.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I had purchased Titanfall from Green Man Gaming for $40 on Feb. 14th, this was before we knew the game would be 50GB, if I knew it was going to be 50GB when I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have followed through with my purchase. 

50GB game with no single player and only a few maps, uncompressed audio files???  -- RED FLAG

The time came for us to be able to pre-load our game via Origin on 3/7/14. Eager to get this 50GB download out of the way, I started my pre-load.  It was going rather fast at first, but when I hit the 60%-70% mark, I received an error:

"Download failed -- Missing Files, please restart Origin and resume."

I tried to restart Origin, resume my download and it would resume, but then the same message would pop up again, and I would resume again, only to have my download progress diminished, it would say 80%, then drop down to 68% or some variation of that, jumping around and never making any progress.  Finally I decided to reinstall Origin and try again.  I did that, and had the same problem, I tried reinstalling again, would choose to install on my HDD or my SSD, tried anything I could think of, with no luck.  I would try and just push through by constantly resuming download, but I would always lose any progress I had made. I finally emailed EA customer service on 3/7, and I still haven't received a reply.  I posted on the EA/Origin Forums about this issue, turns out one other person had been having this problem, but no one knows how to fix it.

Bad customer service, not a new issue, but another RED FLAG

Today, 3/10 I finally get in touch with EA customer service via their online chat, I was disconnected twice before I could finally talk with someone at length.  I ask if this is a known issue, he said no, but then followed it up with "I have helped many other people resolve this same issue."  I was initially delighted, ok, great, it is a known issue, and he can tell me how to fix it.  He starts asking some basic info, which I thought was weird, he should have that information on his screen because I am already registered with them.  He then tells me to disable my firewall, completely. 

DISABLE MY FIREWALL TO DOWNLOAD A GAME??? -- RED FLAG

I don't think I should have to compromise my network's security for a simple game download.  I have been downloading games regularly through Amazon and Steam for years without encountering so much as a hiccup.  I voiced my concern and then he then starts asking me what the answers are to security questions on my account, I found this really disturbing and didn't oblige.  By now, I told him I want either a refund or a hard copy of the game.  He said he couldn't and wouldn't facilitate either because my code had already been claimed on Origin.  I'm sure because I went through a 3rd party, (GMG) he couldn't do anything about it, but he was still not helpful and this was never brought up in our conversation until after the fact that my code had already been claimed.  I am contacting GMG with a transcript and screenshots of my problems, hopefully they will refund my money.

Bottom line, my firewall is preventing a simple game from being downloaded, probably because there is something that needs to be prevented on there.  Throw in the fact that this game is 50GB?  It is extremely shady.  I am better off taking the $50 hit if I have to than losing my and my family's identity. 

I want others to beware though, there is something fishy going on with this game.

Games great none of this listed on the quote happened to me installed the game fine got into a server after microsoft got their shit together... No problems what so ever. They fixed the game a lot since the beta unlike the most over priced beta yet ie BF4 :P Paid $60 for a beta and thought it was a release than again EA :( ... But yah Titanfall is the shit and anyone who refuses to pay $60 (i didn't even pay $60) is missing out on some solo time with the game.

's no big deal

aymyxu.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You guys are clueless. Do your due diligence and study and find out don't speculate. Also you don't have to disable the whole firewall you can point in where it needs to go and open a port up && teach yourself something in the process.

To be honest OP, you sounded like you were being a real pain in the ass to put up with. Why didn't you answer your security question? Seriously, how difficult did you want to make the process of fixing your issue?

The only person we should be blaming is valve whom made source engine...

this is seems like a storm in a cup of water, not that big of a deal...

Have I been the only one to turn off firewalls when steam wouldn't download properly?

I'm upset that they're using Source also. For a different reason though. Once you crank the game up to 3840 x 2160 if fails hardcore. The textures are terrible. Why didn't they use Cry Engine or even Unreal?

To be honest OP, you sounded like you were being a real pain in the ass to put up with. Why didn't you answer your security question? Seriously, how difficult did you want to make the process of fixing your issue?

I had been disconnected from 4 different service reps.  In order to submit a request to speak with them, you must be logged in, not only that, but they start by asking you some basic questions to confirm you are who you say you are.  I complied with all of that.  He asks what country I am from, which he should be able to see on his screen with my info.  Then when I discussed what my problem was, the guy didn't even know what the release date of Titanfall was, he said it was not going to be released until the 13th, which was wrong.  I was shocked a service rep from EA didn't know the launch date of a massive game.   I answered the first round of questions, and before I got into much detail of what the problem was, he told me to disable my firewalls, not just on this computer, but all of my others, that was fishy.  It seemed like he diagnosed the problem before I even told him what was wrong, but it was so far off base because I had a problem with the patcher/downloader not being able to find the correct path for the game.  He then was asking security questions that I know for a fact were not the ones I selected for Origin, that was my biggest red flag.

I did get the problem resolved, it had nothing to do with firewalls.  I had to install the game onto the same storage device as my Operating System for it to work, I have my OS on an SSD, and almost all of my other storage on my HDD, which was where I wanted to place this 50GB behemoth.  In order to play this game, I had to download and install it to my SSD, 50GB of SSD is basically $40.  I have tried moving the files from my SSD to my HDD and it won't launch from there.  It is working and all now, but after this whole experience, it has been a nightmare.

I am a very willing person to deal with when it comes to trouble shooting and problem solving, but the manner in which I was being treated and the questions I was being asked were completely out of line for what should me a routine game download.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

's no big deal

aymyxu.jpg

That's not your actual download speed. This was my titanfall beta download speed and it is incorrect: http://puu.sh/6WVjQ

You download compressed and unpack it. Its measuring the speed of unpacked files going onto your hard drive.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I had purchased Titanfall from Green Man Gaming for $40 on Feb. 14th, this was before we knew the game would be 50GB, if I knew it was going to be 50GB when I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have followed through with my purchase. 

50GB game with no single player and only a few maps, uncompressed audio files???  -- RED FLAG

The time came for us to be able to pre-load our game via Origin on 3/7/14. Eager to get this 50GB download out of the way, I started my pre-load.  It was going rather fast at first, but when I hit the 60%-70% mark, I received an error:

"Download failed -- Missing Files, please restart Origin and resume."

I tried to restart Origin, resume my download and it would resume, but then the same message would pop up again, and I would resume again, only to have my download progress diminished, it would say 80%, then drop down to 68% or some variation of that, jumping around and never making any progress.  Finally I decided to reinstall Origin and try again.  I did that, and had the same problem, I tried reinstalling again, would choose to install on my HDD or my SSD, tried anything I could think of, with no luck.  I would try and just push through by constantly resuming download, but I would always lose any progress I had made. I finally emailed EA customer service on 3/7, and I still haven't received a reply.  I posted on the EA/Origin Forums about this issue, turns out one other person had been having this problem, but no one knows how to fix it.

Bad customer service, not a new issue, but another RED FLAG

Today, 3/10 I finally get in touch with EA customer service via their online chat, I was disconnected twice before I could finally talk with someone at length.  I ask if this is a known issue, he said no, but then followed it up with "I have helped many other people resolve this same issue."  I was initially delighted, ok, great, it is a known issue, and he can tell me how to fix it.  He starts asking some basic info, which I thought was weird, he should have that information on his screen because I am already registered with them.  He then tells me to disable my firewall, completely. 

DISABLE MY FIREWALL TO DOWNLOAD A GAME??? -- RED FLAG

I don't think I should have to compromise my network's security for a simple game download.  I have been downloading games regularly through Amazon and Steam for years without encountering so much as a hiccup.  I voiced my concern and then he then starts asking me what the answers are to security questions on my account, I found this really disturbing and didn't oblige.  By now, I told him I want either a refund or a hard copy of the game.  He said he couldn't and wouldn't facilitate either because my code had already been claimed on Origin.  I'm sure because I went through a 3rd party, (GMG) he couldn't do anything about it, but he was still not helpful and this was never brought up in our conversation until after the fact that my code had already been claimed.  I am contacting GMG with a transcript and screenshots of my problems, hopefully they will refund my money.

Bottom line, my firewall is preventing a simple game from being downloaded, probably because there is something that needs to be prevented on there.  Throw in the fact that this game is 50GB?  It is extremely shady.  I am better off taking the $50 hit if I have to than losing my and my family's identity. 

I want others to beware though, there is something fishy going on with this game.

TLDR Version:

I don't have basic knowledge on how to install a game

EA dont like it when I QQ

OMG Uncompressed files

TLDR Version:

I don't have basic knowledge on how to install a game

EA dont like it when I QQ

OMG Uncompressed files

Well you should read it, and everything that was posted thereafter because you are far off base.

I had been disconnected from 4 different service reps.  In order to submit a request to speak with them, you must be logged in, not only that, but they start by asking you some basic questions to confirm you are who you say you are.  I complied with all of that.  He asks what country I am from, which he should be able to see on his screen with my info.  Then when I discussed what my problem was, the guy didn't even know what the release date of Titanfall was, he said it was not going to be released until the 13th, which was wrong.  I was shocked a service rep from EA didn't know the launch date of a massive game.   I answered the first round of questions, and before I got into much detail of what the problem was, he told me to disable my firewalls, not just on this computer, but all of my others, that was fishy.  It seemed like he diagnosed the problem before I even told him what was wrong, but it was so far off base because I had a problem with the patcher/downloader not being able to find the correct path for the game.  He then was asking security questions that I know for a fact were not the ones I selected for Origin, that was my biggest red flag.

I did get the problem resolved, it had nothing to do with firewalls.  I had to install the game onto the same storage device as my Operating System for it to work, I have my OS on an SSD, and almost all of my other storage on my HDD, which was where I wanted to place this 50GB behemoth.  In order to play this game, I had to download and install it to my SSD, 50GB of SSD is basically $40.  I have tried moving the files from my SSD to my HDD and it won't launch from there.  It is working and all now, but after this whole experience, it has been a nightmare.

I am a very willing person to deal with when it comes to trouble shooting and problem solving, but the manner in which I was being treated and the questions I was being asked were completely out of line for what should me a routine game download.

Instead of whining about how much space the game takes up on your SSD, you should research ways to get around this. I use a symbiotic link to have my Battlefield 4 install on my SSD, while the rest of my Origin games, as well as Origin itself, installed on my game drive. If you have Orgin installed on your SSD, you should create a Symbiotic Link to a folder on your mechanical drive, and copy Titanfall there. Until Origin allows multiple "library" locations like Steam does, this is the only way.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Instead of whining about how much space the game takes up on your SSD, you should research ways to get around this. I use a symbiotic link to have my Battlefield 4 install on my SSD, while the rest of my Origin games, as well as Origin itself, installed on my game drive. If you have Orgin installed on your SSD, you should create a Symbiotic Link to a folder on your mechanical drive, and copy Titanfall there. Until Origin allows multiple "library" locations like Steam does, this is the only way.

Whining?  I didn't know the root of the problem until 3am today.  I don't claim to be all-knowing and am definitely more amateur than pro with a PC, but I understand and have experienced enough of the basics and routines of gaming for many years to understand what is risky and what isnt.  I've been up all night trying to figure out how to solve this problem.  After talking with someone on OC.net I was finally able to get pointed in the correct direction on how to solve this.  Thanks for chiming in when I posted this more than half a day ago! ^&(* off kindly!

Until Origin allows multiple "library" locations like Steam does, this is the only way.

They do allow multiple library locations. Just change the location while installing and then change it back...

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I remember when my internet had a cap on it that I could download a max of 12gb a month. it would've taken over 4 months to download titanfall.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.