Android 11 is here and I like it.

RILEYISMYNAME
Just now, emosun said:

i'll be honest.... that's not the most amazing feature i've ever heard

There are others, that's just the first that came to mind.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

(the box is removeable)

Oh hi close option... Luckily the popup navigation notification features still work afterwards.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

There are others, that's just the first that came to mind.

i think i'd rather have stuff take up more of the screen especially if it's a map.

I actually do travel a lot usually about 22,000 miles a year and typically the gps will just do audio directions over top of anything i'm doing

Just now, emosun said:

i think i'd rather have stuff take up more of the screen especially if it's a map.

I actually do travel a lot usually about 22,000 miles a year and typically the gps will just do audio directions over top of anything i'm doing

Well they also included multitasking in I believe 7 (some companies added it earlier in their custom versions) In which you can have it take up 1/6  to 3/4 of your display, while being able to otherwise navigate your phone.

Spoiler

Android N quick-tip: How to activate split-screen multitasking mode -  9to5Google

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

I find it funny that Linus is telling us stuff that is coming to android but has been is iOS for awhile. Screen Recording was in it in iOS 12

* thread cleaned *

Please stay on-topic, if you want to discuss Ting prices, data usage or how to run a business, then please create a new thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

You glanced over Voice Access. It might be important to note that unlike Assistant, Voice Access is a serious tool for helping people use their device with only their voice.