flammable air?

iamlegs
hey can anyone help me i got this can of compressed air and it has the flammable logo on it should i get some other one or is this normal?

didnt know wher to post it so i just posted it here

It's flammable because of the aerosol or some other compound inside used with the compressed air.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

9 minutes ago, iamlegs said:
hey can anyone help me i got this can of compressed air and it has the flammable logo on it should i get some other one or is this normal?

Its normal

Its compressed, so it can explode/

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

It shouldn't be. Besides nitrogen, the vast majority of the balance is oxygen and argon, neither of which is flammable. If you're talking about the canned stuff, it's the propellant that's flammable.

1,1-difluoroethane is a common one.

As a wise master once said, 

Put as much effort into your question as you would expect a stranger to add to their answer!

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 5 3800XT | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 4000Mhz CL18 | MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X | Two WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD | Corsair AX850 Titanium | Fractal Design Define 7 White, Solid

Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 16 | i9 9980H | 16 GB RAM |  1TB SSD | AppleCare+ | Space Grey

Peripherals: RAMA U-80 Lake | Logitech MX Master 3 | Kanto YU2 White + Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO 

Displays: LG GX 55"| Acer XB273K | Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q | LG 32UN650-W 

All compressed cans are flammable, it's normal.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's due to the gas that is used as a propellant. 

Most use HFC 152-A which is 1,1-Difluoroethane.

3 minutes ago, Duckson McQuack said:

It shouldn't be. Besides nitrogen, the vast majority of the balance is oxygen and argon, neither of which is flammable. If you're talking about the canned stuff, it's the propellant that's flammable.

Also, explosions. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, iamlegs said:

The simple answer is that a can of "compressed air" literally isn't air. In fact, generally speaking, none of the chemicals inside a can of compressed air even exist naturally in the atmosphere or in the composition of air.

Normally they are filled with either a fluorocarbon, or butane. Butane is obviously super flammable, given that it's the fuel of choice for lighters and small lamps, etc.

Outside of that, even chemicals that are normally not very flammable can become incredibly flammable when aerosolized.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Its compressed, so it can explode/

Well yes, but I don't think explosion means what you think it means.

a violent and destructive shattering or blowing apart of something, as is caused by a bomb.

Explosions do not require flames or fire. So the fact that it's compressed, and it can explode, has literally nothing to do with it being flammable. This is why in Health and Safety systems (such as WHMIS) separates explosion risk from flammable risk as two totally separate things.

A compressed gas like Helium can still explode, but poses literally zero risk of fire.

16 minutes ago, Duckson McQuack said:

Not sure where you're getting your info from, but he's talking about "compressed air in a can" - not air sucked out of the atmosphere and compressed into a tank (eg: a powered air compressor for a shop, etc).

Canned air literally contains no air. No oxygen. No Nitrogen. Not sure about argon, but I've seen no mention of that in any documents I've read, but it's possible.

12 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Also, explosions. 

Yes but irrelevant. A can of Coke can explode, but I don't think Coke is flammable.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 10:13 AM, dalekphalm said:

A compressed gas like Helium can still explode, but poses literally zero risk of fire...

Depends on how much helium is in there and what type of container its in. Exploding birthday balloon=harmless, exploding 500lb steel helium container=quite dangerous while the helium wouldn't catch fire the likely hood of the explosion causing a fire is within reason

3 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

Depends on how much helium is in there and what type of container its in.

No it doesn't - I'm not saying there cannot be secondary files that have other fuel sources - but Helium literally can't burn, as it's a noble gas.

3 hours ago, airborne spoon said:

Exploding birthday balloon=harmless, exploding 500lb steel helium container=quite dangerous while the helium wouldn't catch fire the likely hood of the explosion causing a fire is within reason

Yes, that's precisely my point though. It can pose a risk and the risk depends on the energy of the explosion. But even the most deadly helium explosion would not cause fire unless there was an external fuel source.

Fun story, I once used compressed air on a projector that had been running hot for like 6 hours. I created a giant flame ball that blew out the projector lamp.

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

No it doesn't - I'm not saying there cannot be secondary files that have other fuel sources - but Helium literally can't burn, as it's a noble gas.

Yes, that's precisely my point though. It can pose a risk and the risk depends on the energy of the explosion. But even the most deadly helium explosion would not cause fire unless there was an external fuel source.

Agree the explosion of a helium canister wouldn’t cause a fire, if the metal is hot enough it might set something on fire when it lands but other than that no fire. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

7 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Agree the explosion of a helium canister wouldn’t cause a fire, if the metal is hot enough it might set something on fire when it lands but other than that no fire. 

For sure. Though whether the metal was hot would really depend on the nature of the explosion - too high pressure causing the container to lose integrity could cause it to heat up enough, depending on the pressure reached. Increasing the pressure by it's nature will cause an increase in temperature in the helium itself.

Other outside interference and environmental conditions could come into play too.