Is it okay for males to listen to female singers ?

Justaphysicsnerd

Nevermind, don't wanna upset mods.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

47 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Nevermind, don't wanna upset mods.

To late. I can still see it. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

No, listening to female singers will turn you gay, there is substantial religious evidence that listening to female rock and or roll will make your testicles shrink and you will start desiring things oft frowned upon in modern society.   The most likely outcome is becoming a razor fanboy virgin with 2 friends (both online in another country and likely not even your age). 😝

To be honest the question is so far out of left field for me it shouldn't need to be asked and I must be suffering culture shock. You may as well of asked if it's ok to eat toast.

My answer obviously is yes it's ok, in fact it's compulsory if you are normal.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

ummm yes... one of my favorite bands is The Pretty Reckless. 

Fun fact, the lead singer was the little girl who played Cindy Lou Who in the Live Action Grinch with Jim Carey. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

5 hours ago, WereCatf said:

W. T. F. This has got to be a troll. It's like asking if it's okay to breathe the same air or if it's okay to live on the same planet!

I ain't no troll, I have been a hardcore introvert and nervous guy for most of my life

5 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I guess there is some sort of expectation that males should be listening to stuff like heavy metal and what not.

Yep many people do expect that, I think there is some global conspiracy going on with that

i would say depends on local culture

if your local culture deems listening to songs sang by opposite sex is something you shouldnt do, then you shouldnt do it publicly, for your public image mainly.

but what you do when you're alone is your business, and people have no right to tell what you should do as long as it doesnt affect them in any significant way

edit:

i wonder how would your culture would view a singer named Piko

Spoiler

Spoiler

Piko is a guy

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I don't see anything wrong with listening to female singers. Just listen to the music you enjoy and remember that you can always use headphones if you don't want to bother anyone else (depending on the volume of course).

just listen to this female singer.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

I understand where this is coming from. As an Australian, I would get judged if people knew I listened to JPop females. Heck, I'm surprised my mother hasn't disowned me. It's a very Australian expectation for males to be into footy, tough and listen to male bands. I get given crap on a daily basis because I am growing my hair out, being told I am male and it should be short. In high school, if you were male and liked Justin Bieber or One Direction, you would be called gay (nothing wrong with being gay, but it's a hard thing to deal with as a young teenager). It's the society we live in, and it's not as simple as these people not being worth your time, because it's a collective issue and it isn't exactly simple to move internationally and escape the culture (and I assume you're young since you're asking this question).

End of the day, there's nothing wrong with liking what you like. There are plenty of people like you, and it's purely a matter of society growing up and being more accepting of different hobbies and tastes. I will remain a closet weeaboo who listens to his Gothic JPopRock (Nano, Roselia) until I am capable of moving somewhere more accepting.

Thanks for this post btw, was actually nice to get this off my chest.

EDIT - Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Hot Mist (Main PC)

Case: NZXT H700 Black (Signed by LTT) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | Cooler: EKWB AIO CPU Cooler 360mm, with 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Gaming Motherboard | RAM: 2x G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24GB | PSU: Corsair AX1200i Platinum 1200W, CableMod PRO AXi Cable Kit Black/White | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans | Monitors: ASUS ROG PG27UQ, 2x ASUS ROG PG27AQ | Peripherals: Razer Huntsman Elite (Red Switches), Razer Mamba Wireless, Elgato Stream Deck Mini | Audio: Sony MDR-M1ST, Audio Technica AT2020, Audio Technica BP40, Rode PSA1 Boom Arm, Topping D70 (Bluetooth) DAC, Drop x THX AAA 789 Amp, Rode RODECaster Pro Audio Interface, Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | PCIe: Elgato HD60 Pro | Webcams: Logitech C922, Logitech BRIO 4K | Other:  iPad 7th Gen 32GB

Self Loathing (Portable Gear)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ (Exynos 990) | Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (w/ Pink Strap) | Audio: Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (Black), FiiO BTR5 Bluetooth AMP/DAC | Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz), Razer Mamba Elite | Other: Spektrum Prospek-50 Arctic (Prescription)

The Preciouses (IEM Box)

Case: BLOODYRIPPA Luxury Watch Box 12 Grids | IEMs: Audio Technica ATH-CKR100iS, TINHiFi P1, FiiO FH7, Audio Technica ATH-E70, Shouer TapePioneer SE-CH9T (BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Roselia Collaboration Model), Moondrop S8, Moondrop Starfield, Kinera Nanna, IKKO OH7, IKKO OH10

So Head? (Headphone Collection)

Hooks: 2x Razer Headset Stand, 1x Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | Headphones: Kingston Hyper X Cloud II, Audio Technica ATH-M50X, Sony MDR-CD900STBeyerdynamic TYGR 300 R, Sennheiser HD600Sennheiser HD6xx, Cooler Master MH751

Crossed out means they are too be purchased, on the way for delivery, or broken and planning to repair.

Spoiler

Nuf Repus (Arcade PC) (upcoming)

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275Q | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wi-Fi Motherboard | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | GPU: Galax GeForce GTX 1650 EX OC 4GB | PSU: Corsair RM550x Gold 550W | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Monitor: Viewsonic VX3276-2K | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Yellow Switches), Razer Deathadder Elite, 2x Dance mat EX PRO + The Handbar | Audio: 2x Klipsch R-610F Floorstanding Home Speaker, Behringer A800 AMP | Webcam:  Logitech C922

Sound Euphonium (Music Setup) (upcoming)

Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz) | Monitors: LG 24BL650C-B, 5x iPad 7th Gen 32GBInstruments: ESP Electric Guitar Random Star (Red), Yamaha APX600, ESP Electric Bass Viper (Pink), Roland RD-88, Pearl Export Double Bass 8-Piece Drum Set (Black Cherry Glitter), Neumann TLM 103Audio: 5x Sony MDR-CD900ST, speakers5x PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 Audio Interface, Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKIII | Webcams: 5x Logitech C922, 5x Logitech BRIO 4K

Nothing wrong with that. If anyone find that wrong, then it's toxic sexism rooted deep in your people's culture that's the problem.

Stop caring about what they have to say, listen to what you want to listen. Keep hiding it if you want to, doesn't change anything. What you listen to doesn't affect their lives in the least, fuck 'em.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

20 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Like, where I come from it is a very stereotypical society and as a male you are not expected to listen to such songs.

I don't like to get into these topics but to answer your question, yes it is perfectly normal, these people being like that doesn't mean they're  right lol.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

in all seriousness though what? i've never seen someone so fragile. listening to female singers now invalidates your masculinity? i guess i should only listen to female singers then because if i hear a male voice singing my femininity is magically gone?

She/Her

2 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

listening to female singers now invalidates your masculinity?

LOL, I never meant anything even close to that. Some people, not many think that it invalidates your masculinity

11 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

where I come from it is a very stereotypical society and as a male you are not expected to listen to such songs

1 minute ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

LOL, I never meant anything even close to that.

uuuuuuuuuuh

She/Her

we live in a society

Spoiler

fuck society

Hot Mist (Main PC)

Case: NZXT H700 Black (Signed by LTT) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | Cooler: EKWB AIO CPU Cooler 360mm, with 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Gaming Motherboard | RAM: 2x G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Corsair MP600 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 TUF Gaming 24GB | PSU: Corsair AX1200i Platinum 1200W, CableMod PRO AXi Cable Kit Black/White | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans | Monitors: ASUS ROG PG27UQ, 2x ASUS ROG PG27AQ | Peripherals: Razer Huntsman Elite (Red Switches), Razer Mamba Wireless, Elgato Stream Deck Mini | Audio: Sony MDR-M1ST, Audio Technica AT2020, Audio Technica BP40, Rode PSA1 Boom Arm, Topping D70 (Bluetooth) DAC, Drop x THX AAA 789 Amp, Rode RODECaster Pro Audio Interface, Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | PCIe: Elgato HD60 Pro | Webcams: Logitech C922, Logitech BRIO 4K | Other:  iPad 7th Gen 32GB

Self Loathing (Portable Gear)

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ (Exynos 990) | Watch: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (w/ Pink Strap) | Audio: Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (Black), FiiO BTR5 Bluetooth AMP/DAC | Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz), Razer Mamba Elite | Other: Spektrum Prospek-50 Arctic (Prescription)

The Preciouses (IEM Box)

Case: BLOODYRIPPA Luxury Watch Box 12 Grids | IEMs: Audio Technica ATH-CKR100iS, TINHiFi P1, FiiO FH7, Audio Technica ATH-E70, Shouer TapePioneer SE-CH9T (BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Roselia Collaboration Model), Moondrop S8, Moondrop Starfield, Kinera Nanna, IKKO OH7, IKKO OH10

So Head? (Headphone Collection)

Hooks: 2x Razer Headset Stand, 1x Audio Technica ATH HPH300 | Headphones: Kingston Hyper X Cloud II, Audio Technica ATH-M50X, Sony MDR-CD900STBeyerdynamic TYGR 300 R, Sennheiser HD600Sennheiser HD6xx, Cooler Master MH751

Crossed out means they are too be purchased, on the way for delivery, or broken and planning to repair.

Spoiler

Nuf Repus (Arcade PC) (upcoming)

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275Q | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wi-Fi Motherboard | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | GPU: Galax GeForce GTX 1650 EX OC 4GB | PSU: Corsair RM550x Gold 550W | Fans: Noctua NF-A14 Fan, 3x Noctua NF-F12 Fans | Monitor: Viewsonic VX3276-2K | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 (Yellow Switches), Razer Deathadder Elite, 2x Dance mat EX PRO + The Handbar | Audio: 2x Klipsch R-610F Floorstanding Home Speaker, Behringer A800 AMP | Webcam:  Logitech C922

Sound Euphonium (Music Setup) (upcoming)

Laptop: Razer Blade 15" (10875H, 2070S, 300hz) | Monitors: LG 24BL650C-B, 5x iPad 7th Gen 32GBInstruments: ESP Electric Guitar Random Star (Red), Yamaha APX600, ESP Electric Bass Viper (Pink), Roland RD-88, Pearl Export Double Bass 8-Piece Drum Set (Black Cherry Glitter), Neumann TLM 103Audio: 5x Sony MDR-CD900ST, speakers5x PreSonus Audiobox USB 96 Audio Interface, Golden Age Project PRE-73 MKIII | Webcams: 5x Logitech C922, 5x Logitech BRIO 4K

11 minutes ago, Ashley xD said:

in all seriousness though what? i've never seen someone so fragile. listening to female singers now invalidates your masculinity? i guess i should only listen to female singers then because if i hear a male voice singing my femininity is magically gone?

If you listen to Madonna you are a simp. ;)

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I say its okay most of my jpop is female

@Eschew @xAcid9 has showed me bandmaid and its a awesome group.

My brother doesn't like it but he listen to a lot of female groups so hmmmmm.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

17 hours ago, mr moose said:

No, listening to female singers will turn you gay, there is substantial religious evidence that listening to female rock and or roll will make your testicles shrink and you will start desiring things oft frowned upon in modern society.   The most likely outcome is becoming a razor fanboy virgin with 2 friends (both online in another country and likely not even your age). 😝

I am doomed. 

🤣

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

No?  Honestly not sure why this should even be an issue.

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

I say its okay most of my jpop is female

Amen.

Spoiler

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Amen.

Reveal hidden contents

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6R8JI8ppA6MUrAG7RS59EU?si=yp6AISnzSz-xHg48OxoDGw

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I'm a guy whose playlists range all over the place, including genres and genders.

I would say I have a bit of a knack for finding good female-fronted bands, though.

I'll listen to just about anything, though.

A lot of my favorite vocalists are female as well, I don't see a problem with that.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!