Tired of the dumb Nvidia love & AMD hate

torbenscharling

Howdy folks. I've been following these canadian producers for years and they always have this archaic hate for apple and amd.

I'm a producer/musician etc. I operate in PC and own a Mac too. I plan to install MacOS on my desktop PC so I can boot into that when I please. I do live 100% improvised 100% original (can you believe it? in this day and age, no covers, all original material? man, the thought of that gives me the chills - to think most people can't do that these days makes me sad, but gives me an advantage.)

I see so much unqualified love for Nvidia products, and so much unqualified hate for AMD. Be it their drivers, their tech, their support, their choice of codecs, choice of colors in marketing and bla bla bla.

I need real answers, real qualified quantified proven answers about what's up and down. See to me it is no coincidence that Apple chose AMD or that many businesses and Pro's choose AMD.

I am NOT a gamer.

Repeat: I AM NOT A GAMER

I AM A MUSICIAN WHO DOES REAL TIME COMPUTING WORK WHO NEEDS A STABLE GPU TO WORK FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT FAULT IN A PRO ENVIRONMENT RECORDING VIDEO LIVE (!) IA OBS WHILST THE SAME MACHINE HANDLES ABLETON LIVE MUSIC.

Now for that, I need the ideal card for my budget, machine, and current availability. It's an ASRock z370 Pro4 with 24gb RAM, a delidded 8700K, Avermedia capture card (that has built in h.264 hardware encoder)

I've been successfully using the built in intel 630 though I would like to keep my buffer at 128 so to avoid clicks and a gpu that's run via the cpu at 90+% utilization means I need a proper GPU to aleviate the CPU so the CPU can take care of music tasks mostly and the GPU or whatever else handles the video streaming and GUI's..

So why do I not want Nvidia? To me it's always been this gamer boy product that caters to gamers only and reminds me of the same crowd of kids who want AMD cpu's cause they're cheaper and has more threads -_-

I need stability, safety in knowing it won't crash, be too noisy I do audio, everything get's into mics) I don't need RGB, max fps in games or any of that stuff. I need a pro gpu for pro touring/gigging/recording/studio work, not mining, or screen recording my gaming. I could end up screen recording some of my production work but besides that it'll be strictly cameras via hdmi into capture card into OBS as well as usb webcams into obs, then scene switching via Ableton midi out) and I'll be running up to 6 screens/monitors so I need a pro card like the Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT or similar which has 6 display outputs.

So my question is basically: wtf is up with all the childish Nvidia love without backing up the claims? Everywhere I turn it's like people have been so indoctrinated by nVidia ads and their friends and online "celebrities" telling them it's a better brand, better products, better drivers bla bla bla an no one cares to justify their claim other than saying the nvenc encoder is better than AMD, this is a typical example of a claim that is not being justified it's just being presented then the internet lurker can "make up his or her own mind" well I don't wanna make up my mind, I wanna know what the true numbers are, the truth about this minefield of GPU's of variying quality.

I DONT WANT A WHINY LOUD OBNOXIOUS GPU THAT GETS SUPER HOT WITH FLAKY DRIVERS THAT CRASHES YOUR SYSTEM OR DOESNT WORK WELL WITH HACKINTOSH BUILDS

I DONT WANT TO PAY A PREMIUM FOR A RADEON VII OR 2080 SUPER IF ALL I NEED IS TO USE MY CAPTURE CARD'S ENCODER AND COULD DO WITH A 1660 OR 570.

I WORK IN PREMIERE PRO, LOGIC PRO X, FINAL CUT PRO X, ABLETON, OBS, REAPER.

I RUN MANY CAMS, MANY USB DEVICES ETC. I DONT DO ANY HEAVY GPU WORK OTHER THAN EDITING THE VIDEOS, SO DON'T NEED 16GB RAM OR 10 MILLION GIGAFLOPS.

So long story short, if anyone who isn't biased towards one vs the other could explain or link once and for all to definite proof that AMD sucks stay away from them, that nVidia is the greatest and their products are soo much better, that this or that gpu is the best for my situation, please do so now, or forever hold your peace.

Even the damn comparison charts don't take any of the things I mention into account. They just state numbers and say the vii gets hotter than the 5700 etc. No where do I get proper info about how these things actually work in real life, why I must go for nVidia when I want AMD cause it's Mac compatible? Why does it matter so much about what encoder you use and what encoder should I get? Does it even matter an inch if we're up in the 5700 XT category? I mean do you guys seriouslly believe these things are no good for streaming when compared to nVidia? I'd hate for this silly little encoder issue to be the one that measn I go for nVidia, cause it'd be like buying an Android phone for me, ugh, *puke*. It's agiven I don't know really all the workings of a GPU, no one sat down and explained to me how these things work. All I see are idiotic reviewers claiming nVidia is so much better, when they're blatantly sponsored by them (puke again, ugh blatant marketing trolling one brand to get a penny from the other, double puke - UGH -_-

So again, long story short, anyone able to verify all these bogus claims of nVidia superiority when it comes to streaming (NOT STREAMING GAMES - GET THOSE GAMES OUT OF YOUR DAMN HEAD) but streaming for Pro work, real work, real music, live, low latency means audio musn't click, means system ressources must be dedicated to handling one task at one time only (audio works like that, can't process two things at once, still, in 2020.. -_-) so I need get the perfect GPU that HANDLES EVERYTHING VIDEO RELATED, GUI RELATED, POSSIBLY ENCODING RELATED and I need some help in figuring out what that option is for my situation, not what the best option is for the 14 year old Twitch gamer streamer.

Hope I make myself clear. I don't mean to piss on anyone in here I'm just ranting a little at the general group of geeks online who continually, for decades, seem to be on this never ending parade of wanting to out one company over the other, if for no other reason than to stroke their own ego or wallet.

2 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

So my question is basically: wtf is up with all the childish Nvidia love without backing up the claims? Everywhere I turn it's like people have been so indoctrinated by nVidia ads and their friends and online "celebrities" telling them it's a better brand, better products, better drivers bla bla bla an no one cares to justify their claim other than saying the nvenc encoder is better than AMD, this is a typical example of a claim that is not being justified it's just being presented then the internet lurker can "make up his or her own mind" well I don't wanna make up my mind, I wanna know what the true numbers are, the truth about this minefield of GPU's of variying quality.

TBH nVidia’s cards are more stable than AMD’s. That coming from an owner of a 2700x and a 5700XT. 

4 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

GPU that HANDLES EVERYTHING VIDEO RELATED, GUI RELATED, POSSIBLY ENCODING RELATED

Not to into the Audio scene but an advantage of an nVidia GPU is RTX Voice, a technology that cuts out all background noises when recording. Might or might not be helpful. 

rx 5000 series has encoder very near of nvidias Nvenc encoder. so for streaming 5700XT isn't a bad choicer at all, as you said.

the truth about the radeon VII is that it gets hot and usesm uch power. it is good card foor editins since it has so much vram, HBM and so much streaming cores.

You seem really angry when you typed this. I agree that is is stupid that for example intel pays laptop manufacturers not to use better gpu than rtx 2060 when they have amd cpu.

And it is true that intel/msi/Nvidia pays reviewers to review their products better. But note that there are many reviewers who aren't payed by anyone. like gamers nexus or Hardware unboxed.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Sorry I'm not reading that text wall on mobile but if you do live editing / producing I think a nvidia gpu would be best also heard amd have driver issues (not sure if they are fixed) 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

7 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I've been following these canadian producers for years and they always have this archaic hate for apple and amd.

Nope. Brands don't matter. Only products.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Sorry I'm not reading that text wall on mobile but if you do live editing / producing I think a nvidia gpu would be best also heard amd have driver issues (not sure if they are fixed) 

Ya no worries, too much of a text wall I get it :D Only thing I seek is verifiable proof cause by statistics I should go with nvidia but I can't trust the snake Linus and was dead set on AMD till all this driver nonsense started with the navi lineup. (reason being it was Apples choice and thus totally compatible, so since I haven't done a hackintosh before,going AMD would be "easier" I thought...)

12 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

So why do I not want Nvidia? To me it's always been this gamer boy product that caters to gamers only and reminds me of the same crowd of kids who want AMD cpu's cause they're cheaper and has more threads

ok when amd pulls out a card normally NVIDIA has a new one that is better

also 1660 will be fine for video encode

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

amd encoder problems

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/amd-hardware-encoder-s.427/

3 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I should go with nvidia

yes

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Sometimes Nvidia is best, sometimes AMD is best. I always say there are no good or bad brands on the tech world, only good or bad products. Absolutely avoid brand loyalty.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, gloop said:

TBH nVidia’s cards are more stable than AMD’s. That coming from an owner of a 2700x and a 5700XT. 

Not to into the Audio scene but an advantage of an nVidia GPU is RTX Voice, a technology that cuts out all background noises when recording. Might or might not be helpful. 

Funny stuff...bout time they start using the gpu for some audio related stuff...the music business is faaar behind that shit we still got this overly expensive company UAD and theit archaic DSP based approach, would be much much better to just use the GPU for all the plugin processing (VST, AU) but no one has made that happen yet. removing background noise is is pretty familiar territory and something I could definitely use, expecially if I can do that without hurting the CPU, so that's actually a very interesting extra - thanks for the heads up, gonna investigate some more about what it can do and if it's of any use in my setup.

Buy based on the product and what it does for you.

NEVER buy a product SOLELY based on the brand

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

If you go through some of the posts on the new builds and planning section, you will see that the rx570 and 580 are regularly recommended for budget GPUs and the 5700xt is regularly recommended over the 2060 super and 2070 super if the user does not need the nvec encoding or raytracing. 

I believe the main reason Nvidia is given so much more hype and attention than AMD is because the best Nvidia cards are better than the best AMD cards. Yes the 5700xt has basically the same performance as a 2070 super for the price of a 2060 super, but if you have a bigger budget, there is no AMD equivalent to the 2080 super or 2080ti. Hopefully that will change with the launch of RDNA2 but no one knows for sure.

And about the drivers and stability. AMD did have some big driver issues with the launch of RDNA that have (mostly) been solved. However, Nvidia didn’t have that so stability was given to Nvidia at the time of launch which is when the majority of videos about them came out.

For streamers, as other have said, rtx voice is absolutely amazing and is likely a reason streamers use rtx cards. While the AMD encoder is almost as good and is definitely good enough, it’s not the best and people who do full time streaming want the absolute best even if it costs a premium.

For you, AMD is definitely the right choice because you use a Mac and MacOS only supports AMD GPUs. I dot know if that applies to hackintosh because I am very unfamiliar with that area.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

12 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

rx 5000 series has encoder very near of nvidias Nvenc encoder. so for streaming 5700XT isn't a bad choicer at all, as you said.

the truth about the radeon VII is that it gets hot and usesm uch power. it is good card foor editins since it has so much vram, HBM and so much streaming cores.

You seem really angry when you typed this. I agree that is is stupid that for example intel pays laptop manufacturers not to use better gpu than rtx 2060 when they have amd cpu.

And it is true that intel/msi/Nvidia pays reviewers to review their products better. But note that there are many reviewers who aren't payed by anyone. like gamers nexus or Hardware unboxed.

Ya sorry for the pissy post, I was/am almost ready to pull the trigger on a aorus 5700 xt then I start googling last minute and see all these replies saying get a 2070 super instead of 5700 xt cause the stream is grainy etc. I'm like damn I don't wanna pay big bucks for an awesome card if it fails at even doing simple streaming...I should investigate more but it's like, endless...gamers nexus looks and sounds so damn dissapointed and Zzzzz when he reviews AMD products, not very reassuring as a new buyer, mind you this is my first actual dedicated gpu i'm gonna buy and as a musician, money don't hang on trees) musicians (real ones at least) tend to like truth. Not be bullshitted by dishonest reviewers and fanbois online the thing is it's like going to a car repair shop not knowing about cars he/she advices you about a car - unless that person is a genuinely decent human being, he/she is going to f'.. that customer over one way or the other. Has happened to me so many times it's starting to affect my mood and purchasing decisions (or lack thereof) I know both companies make great product. I also know I need something that doesn't give me problems. Basically that's what I'm truing to avoid. Bottlenecks and problems. Right now my GPU is the bottleneck and I don't know enough about the inner workings of a PC to tell what product to invest in specifially given my somewhat strange requirements ie. low/no latency audio & video real time computing with consumer electronics.

3 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

For you, AMD is definitely the right choice because you use a Mac and MacOS only supports AMD GPUs. I dot know if that applies to hackintosh because I am very unfamiliar with that area.

Thanks.. ya I'm on win 10 pro on my self built desktop and I bought everything to be MacOS compatible..bought a 5700 that I fried from not putting the power plug in perfectly, tiny gap and it got hot and burned a fresh amd card, had it running for like, an hour that was a year ago, now I just need to get done deciding and then get the right card, finally lol. I read that nvidia cards are easy to get to work for macos but I don't have spare gpus laying around if issues during install and generally ya I just like the thought of having MacOS on my desktop though I'm ok on windows right now i do get clicks and cracks in the audio and windows doesn't have core audio or core midi so it sucks for audio work really, which is why I'd like to go back to the MacOS and would like a gpu that works perfect on both platforms that'd be ideal, then I can wait with purchasing an expensive MBP and keep using my desktop for a long time. Maybe it's super easy and nothing to worry about going the nvidia route, I'm just not so sure it's worth it just for slightly better encoding and a noise gate :D

29 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

archaic hate for apple

I am a sound engineer for live and studio work.

Apple has the most reliability in the music field you should know this.

The only time I see macs break is in the hand of careless classmates in school.

but at the same time I hate apple for there non upgrade ability and their hate for right to repair

7 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

I think your right because linus had to run amd gpus in his hackintosh build

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

32 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I see so much unqualified love for Nvidia products, and so much unqualified hate for AMD

Yeah! Down with nVidia! Down with AMD! Up with Matrox! 🤪

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've basically got a local deal on a 1 year old VII at 438 dollars or a remote deal on a gigabyte aorus 5700 xt 1 month old for 407 dollars or I could drop it and get a nvidia for half that probably..

5 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I am a sound engineer for live and studio work.

Apple has the most reliability in the music field you should know this.

The only time I see macs break is in the hand of careless classmates in school.

but at the same time I hate apple for there non upgrade ability and their hate for right to repair

I think your right because linus had to run amd gpus in his hackintosh build

Ya I know, that's why I have a macbook pro 15" and built a desktop specifically to run MacOS on it :) fried my 5700 same day i got it and never got around to installing MacOS yet so ya, I agree.

6 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

that I fried from not putting the power plug in perfectly, tiny gap and it got hot and burned a fresh amd card

interesting

6 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I read that nvidia cards are easy to get to work for macos

never knew this but good to know

2 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I've basically got a local deal on a 1 year old VII at 438 dollars or a gigabyte aorus 5700 xt 1 month old for 407 dollars or I could drop it and get a nvidia for half that probably lol

get a 1660 normally, nvidea is better for stable streams

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, torbenscharling said:

macbook pro 15"

what year looking at getting a 2014 macbook pro 15in

(my acer laptop is going to the unreliability state)

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

interesting

ya that's what the reviewer seller told me when i sent it back. didn't wanna do an rma but I think it might possibly have been driver related to, cause I got it a few weeks after release. Also, I was using questionable PSU so could have been that too, I dunnol..got a corsair platinum now just in case but it definitely didn't make me more positive about AMD though it's not technically (probably) AMD's fault.

what year looking at getting a 2014 macbook pro 15in

(my acer laptop is going to the unreliability state)

2011 unfortunately on it's last legs so won't even sell it but get at least a mid 2015

Just now, torbenscharling said:

I was using questionable PSU so could have been that too

probably that TBH

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

probably that TBH

Ya getting too much power delievered probably...anyway lesson learned the hard way haha..gotta say l love this little corsair sf750 😮

5 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

2011 unfortunately on it's last legs so won't even sell it

ok that's fine

5 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

but get at least a mid 2015

huh I have a maybe waterlogged 2014ish last gen of the logo backlit macbook air

that I might get just for music production

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, torbenscharling said:

I see so much unqualified love for Nvidia products, and so much unqualified hate for AMD. Be it their drivers, their tech, their support, their choice of codecs, choice of colors in marketing and bla bla bla.

I don't know if it's just me, but more often than not I see people praising AMD and making up excuses for their shitty drivers, rather than people showing so much love for Nvidia.

Nvidia's still way ahead of AMD in terms of graphics, so if anything, I don't see why they shouldn't get receive support considering they keep setting the standard for high-end performance. Of course this could very well change with Ampere and RDNA2, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, torbenscharling said:

I WORK IN PREMIERE PRO, LOGIC PRO X, FINAL CUT PRO X, ABLETON, OBS, REAPER.

Well, Macs only ship with AMD GPUs because of Apple and Nvidia being drama queens. Not much we, the consumers, can do about it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC