In need of ITX Case Recommendations

Skipple

I went with an ITX ff for my streaming PC to save on space. (I have one PC that I use for gaming, and another for running OBS and doing the transcoding on)

Like the big big dummy I am, I went and bought a Thermaltake Core V1. While it's a decent case, it doesn't save my any footprint due to it being LARGER width-wise. It actually takes up MORE room than a comparable mid-tower would have. 

So in the case right now is a 2700x w/ stock cooler, and a EVGA GTX 1060 single fan. The height of the GPU is 4.38 in / 111.15 mm

So, I am looking to reduce that footprint. (width wise) Is there any smaller cases I should look into or just say screw it and go with a normal mid-tower. 

I preferably wouldn't want to replace the PSU, so no SSF PSU please. 

I know, I wasn't thinking right and prob should have just gone with a MATX.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

You're pretty limited if you don't go with a SFX PSU. The Cougar QBX technically works with an ATX PSU, but having built in one, there's no way it would be easy. If you have the ITX-length GTX 1060, it's actually doable with a fully modular PSU.

If you go SFX, there are lots of better options available to you at all price points.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

If you go SFX, there are lots of better options available to you at all price points

*sigh* 

Yeaaaaahhhhh I kinda figured that. Alright, hit me with your recommendations and I'll price it out and see if it makes sense. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

9 minutes ago, Skipple said:

-snip-

NZXT H1 Matte Black. PSU, AIO, and pcie riser.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Skipple said:

*sigh* 

Yeaaaaahhhhh I kinda figured that. Alright, hit me with your recommendations and I'll price it out and see if it makes sense. 

The QBX, of course. The Sugo SG13 (this might actually not require SFX, but it would be much easier with). The Cooler Master NR200 looks stunning and basically addresses the flaws of several ITX cases at once. The Ncase M1, which is probably the best ITX case ever built, but will cost you 200-ish pretty pennies. The NZXT H1, which has the PSU built in. The TU150, which is just damn sexy but is basically a tiny tower and might be too big a footprint. The Rainjintek Ophion Evo. There are others, but those are my favorites. I'm sure some work with ATX power supplies, but in general, mini ITX cases aside from the Core V1 are a pain to work with if you use ATX.

But @Moonzy's cat tube thing wins.

11 minutes ago, Skipple said:

*sigh* 

Uno mas: The Cooler Master Elite 110 is tiny af, and I can attest to it working just fine with an ATX PSU and still holding extra drives. That said, you're already very limited in cooling options, and if you load it with drives and a GPU, it's going to get really toasty in there. I actually like that case a lot despite how cheap it is.

6 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

no

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.02899d35a974fe621ce5aad3bbdb04c5.png

do it for the aesthetics!

This is pretty sick ngl

8 minutes ago, Skipple said:

burn it. 

shall i compare thee to a summer's day? because thou has no class

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

cat tube thing

😠

tbh the NZXT H1 looks neat, liked it since launch day

too bad it's watercooled, cant even fit a small heatsink in because of the PSU layout

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just a reminder guys... I am trying to reduce the width as much as possible. 

DAN Cases A4-SFX definitely an example of I am heading towards. (without it costing an arm and a leg)

Thanks so much for all your help so far. @aisle9 @Aereldor @TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp

ask me about my homelab

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

H1 is a 187x187 mm bottom, but it is 388mm tall.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

H1 is a 187x187 mm bottom, but it is 388mm tall.

Totally agree. But $400 for a case isn't in the cards right now.

ask me about my homelab

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

Totally agree. But $400 for a case isn't in the cards right now.

I thought you were looking for a psu too?

EDIT: Im totaly using this case once i can build a new pc.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I thought you were looking for a psu too?

EDIT: Im totaly using this case once i can build a new pc.

No no, I have a ATX PSU. Im looking to use that if possible. I could stretch for a new SSF PSU if needed, but honestly the pricing makes me want to lean more towards a traditional mid-tower. 

I wouldn't want to spend more than $200 on this, preferably more towards the $150 range.

ask me about my homelab

13 minutes ago, Skipple said:

how about the node 202?

SF PSU tho

edit: u can pick one that comes with a PSU, not sure bout pricing for that

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

how about the node 202?

SF PSU tho

I like. I'll have to do more research into GPUs that can fit in it because that thing looks *tiny*.

I'll take a look into that in the AM.

ask me about my homelab

3 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I like. I'll have to do more research into GPUs that can fit in it because that thing looks *tiny*.

there's an option to buy the case with a PSU, it's $140 on newegg

the only downside is not great cooling for your CPU, unless you get real creative

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

there's an option to buy the case with a PSU, it's $140 on newegg

Oh how munificent Newegg. You are so gracious.

Screenshot_20200809-013457.thumb.png.b96e182717800d63db03e970fe0524f7.png

ask me about my homelab

1 hour ago, Skipple said:

DAN Cases A4-SFX definitely an example of I am heading towards. (without it costing an arm and a leg)

Thanks so much for all your help so far. @aisle9 @Aereldor @TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp

Width? Then go htpc. Node 202 or something.

4 hours ago, Skipple said:

So, I am looking to reduce that footprint. (width wise) Is there any smaller cases I should look into or just say screw it and go with a normal mid-tower. 

Jonsbo UMX-1. Fits an ATX power supply and a mini-ITX board and also relatively long graphics cards. 

footprint: 160 mm x 300 mm (6.3 in x 11.8 in)

On 8/9/2020 at 1:31 AM, Skipple said:

Cases along the line of the Node 202 include the Silverstone RVZ series (01, 02 and 03) along with the Silverstone ML08. 

Very similar cases, but they all have slightly different features depending on what you're going for (RVZ02 for example has a slim ODD bay ML08 has a n optional handle attachment, etc)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Did you check on NZXT H210 or Phanteks Evolve enthoo itx?

Phanteks Evolv Shift (Air).

You get nice aesthetics, small footprint, fair price, and you just need some extra work to configure the fans to get the most acceptable thermal output possible in it.

Check out mine in my sig only if you are interested.

What I like about Evolv Shift are the overall design language, it's simply gorgeous case, and despite it's out of ultra small form factor case category because it's over 20 liter limit, but its footprint is small to sit on a desk nicely.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15