How did LTT buy laptops from American Walmart when the borders are closed?

CaptainPlanet

The product selection in some categories are rather poor in Canadian Walmart, so we know LTT didn't buy the laptops from them. What was the process like for LTT to buy stuff from American Walmart and ship to Canada? Which middleman services did they use? 

If it's only available in the US, one way would be to have someone in America buy one, then ship it to them in Canada. Did you check if Canadian Walmart has them?

Edit: The reason I'm asking if you checked whether Canadian Walmart has them is because it sounds like you just assumed they don't, without actually checking. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

The product selection in some categories are rather poor in Canadian Walmart, so we know LTT didn't buy the laptops from them. What was the ordering process like for Canadian LTT to buy stuff from American Walmart?

The boarder is closed to visitors not commerce. The company I work for ships shit to Canada every week. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I am basically wondering which middleman services LTT trust enough to use their services to ship tech products across the borders.

2 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

I am basically wondering which middleman services LTT trust enough to use their services to ship tech products across the borders.

Who says Walmart didn't ship it themselves. Also keep in mind that Walmart.com is a whole like Amazon, they allow 3rd party sellers, who might be a bit more OK with international shipping. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

22 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

The product selection in some categories are rather poor in Canadian Walmart, so we know LTT didn't buy the laptops from them. What was the ordering process like for Canadian LTT to buy stuff from American Walmart?

You can still ship stuff in and out. You just can't decide to spend a lovely weekend in Sasquatchatan (you Canucks have weird names for places).

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, CaptainPlanet said:

I go in and out of Canada about 3 times a week delivering products. Commerce is still open. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

4 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

You do realize that "buying crap from the US" is a huge business itself. Normally it's done with border cities like Surrey/Langley and Point Roberts/Blaine WA, but when the border is closed there are remailer services.

But I think for the Walmart laptops, they likely just bought them from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/EVOO-Celeron-Storage-Fingerprint-Scanner/dp/B07JNCML1G

Besides everything else said, they do have employee living in Arizona...

Edited by LogicalDrm
I stand corrected

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Besides everything else said, they do have employee living in Arizona...

and dont forget in North Carolina as well with John. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

If i'm still buying things from American stores and getting it delivered in New Zealand....im pretty sure it's still easy enough to get things shipped across to Canada.

Courier/Carrier services are still running strong, the restrictions relate to the mass movement of people (travel), not to trade/commerce. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

and dont forget in North Carolina as well with John. 

Damn, that's what I meant. Jon anyways.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, aisle9 said:

You can still ship stuff in and out. You just can't decide to spend a lovely weekend in Sasquatchatan (you Canucks have weird names for places).

That is the worst spelling of my home province ever... I love it. 

We are about 10 posts in, any recommendations for those remailer services?

I know American Walmart doesn't ship its own stuff to Canada. I was planning to use temporary border mailbox service, but that's out of the question at this time. So now I am just looking at remailers now.

1 hour ago, CaptainPlanet said:

We are about 10 posts in, any recommendations for those remailer services?

I know American Walmart doesn't ship its own stuff to Canada. I was planning to use temporary border mailbox service, but that's out of the question at this time. So now I am just looking at remailers now.

Oh? So that was intention of this thread? I'll move this to Off Topic in that case, since thats not LMG nor tech related topic of discussion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv