Does Intel WANT people to hate them??

The problem is, the enthusiast community is tiny comparison to all the average Joe's who go out and buy laptops and desktops. My mum and sister haven't even heard of AMD, but they certainly know of intel. I think intel will really have to perform badly for a number of years before their reputation is eroded enough for AMD to become the more well known brand. Intel's marketing is also Impressive with their iconic "look for intel inside," which just caused anyone not in the know to see an intel branded product and think it must be good

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Well, for one all the OEMs won't stop using Intel, which is a huge amount of the profits, same with laptops.

and thats 0.11033333 of their profits.

What the OEM do is up to them, they didn't put a gun to your head saying * buy intel or I'll blow out your brains*

There are billions of ppl in the world go count that... 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

What the OEM do is up to them, they didn't put a gun to your head saying * buy intel or I'll blow out your brains*

But what they do do is use intel in 99% of their Pre-builts.

2 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

There are billions of ppl in the world go count that... 

Ok, let's hear your plan to get the nearly 8 billion people on this planet to stop buying Intel. I'm all ears.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

And people in here that say "vote with your wallet" probably don't understand that companies like Intel live off their OEMs and not the average Joe that buys his own CPU. Unless Dell, HP, Lenovo and so on care about it (which they won't outside of their gaming-focused high-end devices which are not limited anyway because they don't use low-end chips), nothing will happen. The "I build my own gaming PC" faction is just a negligible income for Intel, they couldn't care less. Even if no one would buy their CPUs and motherboards, it wouldn't hurt Intel that much because the OEM and enterprise market is where the money is, not the general consumer.

There is that ThinkStation P620 Lenovo just announced. They're putting Ryzen chips into a lot of their ThinkPads too, including the T14. Unfortunately, not in enough of them but it's gradually trickling in. (I really wanted a Ryzen variant of the ThinkPad P15.)

5 minutes ago, gloop said:

But what they do do is use intel in 99% of their Pre-builts.

Ok, let's hear your plan to get the nearly 8 billion people on this planet to stop buying Intel. I'm all ears.

I'm sure there are pc shops the put your choose parts together for a low FEE? 

and there are new AMD laptop coming out lately. 

10 minutes ago, marmour said:

The problem is, the enthusiast community is tiny comparison to all the average Joe's who go out and buy laptops and desktops. My mum and sister haven't even heard of AMD, but they certainly know of intel. I think intel will really have to perform badly for a number of years before their reputation is eroded enough for AMD to become the more well known brand. Intel's marketing is also Impressive with their iconic "look for intel inside," which just caused anyone not in the know to see an intel branded product and think it must be good

The problem is people who have the knowledge should explain to the older generation, they're "your" parents you can start there. lol

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

I don't honestly think they're trolling their customers. I think they're just trying to drain them dry of whatever money they think they can get away with getting out of them. Don't forget, there are lots of Intel fanboys out there who will buy Intel no matter what. They know those fanboys will buy whatever incremental product Intel shovels out the door. When you have that kind of customer base, they believe they can afford to be complacent.

I'm not one of those customers. I've had processors from both companies and don't care who makes my CPU as long as it's a good value and performs well. I picked my R9 3900X because Intel doesn't sell a 12-core CPU for $400. Before that, I had a R7 1700X because Intel didn't have an 8-core CPU for $350. Before that, I had an i7-4790K. Being a shopper now is far better than in the recent past because at least we have options. It reminds me of the old Athlon days of 2000 or so.

4 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I'm sure there are pc shops the put your choose parts together for a low FEE? 

and I'm sure that 99% of the general public knows jack-sh*t about computers, their knowledge extends to 'i press power button, it turns on'.

and there are new AMD laptop coming out lately. 

still doesn't change the fact that people don't know AMD asa brand.

he problem is people who have the knowledge should explain to the older generation, they're "your" parents you can start there. lol

lets get the top astrophysicist to just explain astrophysics to the entire world, shall we? Or have the leading surgeon explain every single step of his surgeries to the 8 billion people on this planet?

Still haven't given the plan of getting the 8 billion people to boycott intel either, have you lol?

2 minutes ago, panzersharkcat said:

There is that ThinkStation P620 Lenovo just announced. They're putting Ryzen chips into a lot of their ThinkPads too, including the T14. Unfortunately, not in enough of them but it's gradually trickling in. (I really wanted a Ryzen variant of the ThinkPad P15.)

Well it's a start for AMD, my teacher told me at one time Intel pulled dirty tricks under the table with some OEM  by paying them to not buy AMD products. But that years ago. 

36 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Right?? I even checked a few H370 motherboards and they only support 2666mhz RAM.

Hasn't it been a thing for a long time that you can't have faster RAM on the lower tier motherboards?

Thanks to @TofuHaroto, @dizmo, and @Jurrunio for reassuring me that I'm not crazy. I was thinking Skylake+ didn't support RAM OC on the mainstream chipsets, so I was kinda losing my mind a bit when Linus said they did. Maybe there are certain select motherboards that do enable it in those generations though. I am not sure. I know you used to be able to OC the RAM in the _Bridge days. Maybe in the _well days also.

Intel just expects their customers to pay more for similar performance :D

Got An Intel CPU and feeling bad for not searching Aliexpress for AMD 3700X...

I edit my posts more often than not

Well it's a start for AMD, my teacher told me at one time Intel pulled dirty tricks under the table with some OEM  by paying them to not buy AMD products. But that years ago. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel's still doing this. There was that Asus laptop that had plastic blocking off the vents on the AMD model for no reason.

7 minutes ago, delcolux said:

Maybe there are certain select motherboards that do enable it in those generations though.

I think the thing is, it used to be up to the board makers to say whether or not its supported. And yet, if you put a 3600 set of RAM in there, there was a strong possibility you could get it to run at 3600. But now its being blocked by Intel, and the board makers don't have any say in whether or not they can support a given RAM speed. So now there is no competitive advantage on the board-side for "ASUS supports 3600Mhz, MSI only supports 3200Mhz... guess I'll buy the ASUS for 8 dollars more."

2 minutes ago, panzersharkcat said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Intel's still doing this. There was that Asus laptop that had plastic blocking off the vents on the AMD model for no reason.

I seen that, and everyone crying "Why would ASUS hurt themselves?! Hurr Durr" But they aren't, when the salespeople can just point to bad reviews, and sell the Intel version of the same laptop. ASUS still makes the money, probably gets a larger cut on that sale, AMD looks bad, and Intel looks great. The only one losing out in that deal is AMD.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

8 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Got An Intel CPU and feeling bad for not searching Aliexpress for AMD 3700X...

Aliexpress can give you great deals on consumer electronics, but in my experience, not on "hot" computer parts, like CPU and GPU. My local supplier tends to be cheaper or at most on par with the best Aliexpress deals I can find. I'm in Europe too, btw :P

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

4 minutes ago, BulletMagnetEd said:

I don't honestly think they're trolling their customers. I think they're just trying to drain them dry of whatever money they think they can get away with getting out of them. Don't forget, there are lots of Intel fanboys out there who will buy Intel no matter what. They know those fanboys will buy whatever incremental product Intel shovels out the door. When you have that kind of customer base, they believe they can afford to be complacent.

I'm not one of those customers. I've had processors from both companies and don't care who makes my CPU as long as it's a good value and performs well. I picked my R9 3900X because Intel doesn't sell a 12-core CPU for $400. Before that, I had a R7 1700X because Intel didn't have an 8-core CPU for $350. Before that, I had an i7-4790K. Being a shopper now is far better than in the recent past because at least we have options. It reminds me of the old Athlon days of 2000 or so.

Just rent a giant warehouse and announce to the fanboys free fan gears for hardcore fans, invite them in and feed them rat poison. All fixed. 

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

and I'm sure that 99% of the general public knows jack-sh*t about computers, their knowledge extends to 'i press power button, it turns on'.

still doesn't change the fact that people don't know AMD asa brand.

lets get the top astrophysicist to just explain astrophysics to the entire world, shall we? Or have the leading surgeon explain every single step of his surgeries to the billion people on this planet?

Still haven't given the plan of getting the 8 billion people to boycott intel either, have you lol?

And this is why my county "singapore" our government chosen to give free electronics/computer/smartphone courses for the older generation. 

I don't need a plan to have ppl boycott intel, all I have to do is share Mr Linus's vid to all my online "elderly" friends and ask them to share to theirs, and that's a beginning. 

Remember a match can burn down a forest. 

33 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

lol I wish, AMD's CEO is too much of a pacifist to take the fight to intel.

Actually, she already did :P  Think 3rd gen Ryzen and the new Epyc Pro series. Intel simply has nothing to compete against those. Yes they have the EOM market cornered. For now. But AMD is gaining there too (new Xbox!) as well as the laptop market with the upcoming 4000 series so it'll be a matter of time before Intel execs will begin feeling the heat.

18 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

The problem is people who have the knowledge should explain to the older generation, they're "your" parents you can start there. lol

Sure, I would recommend AMD to them. My sister's getting a new laptop soon and ive told her that 4th gen ryzen is the way to go. However, at the end of the day, a large proportion of people don't need those few percentage improvements (i understand it is far more significant in the mobile lineup though) and will be quite happy with any laptop with a modern quad core and an SSD.

I by know means support intel in their current practices and would always recommend AMD currently, I just believe it will take quite a monumental shift for Intel not to dominate the laptop and prebuilt market (not to mention the millions of desktops in schools and offices)

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

1 minute ago, Dutch_Master said:

Actually, she already did :P  Think 3rd gen Ryzen and the new Epyc Pro series. Intel simply has nothing to compete against those. Yes they have the EOM market cornered. For now. But AMD is gaining there too (new Xbox!) as well as the laptop market with the upcoming 4000 series so it'll be a matter of time before Intel execs will begin feeling the heat.

*turns off Intel's building's main air-conditioning *muahahaha

6 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

Aliexpress can give you great deals on consumer electronics, but in my experience, not on "hot" computer parts, like CPU and GPU. My local supplier tends to be cheaper or at most on par with the best Aliexpress deals I can find. I'm in Europe too, btw :P

I don't know what you mean?

In Aliexpress 3700X = 265€

Where I live  = 320€

Although maybe some custom charges are needed?

I edit my posts more often than not

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

i5s are locked to 2666MHz, well I guess why I could test not the kit at 2800MHz, 2933MHz like the board advertized or above for that matter... x-x

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

1 minute ago, marmour said:

Sure, I would recommend AMD to them. My sister's getting a new laptop soon and ive told her that 4th gen ryzen is the way to go. However, at the end of the day, a large proportion of people don't need those few percentage improvements (i understand it is far more significant in the mobile lineup though) and will be quite happy with any laptop with a modern quad core and an SSD.

I by know means support intel in their current practices and would always recommend AMD currently, I just believe it will take quite a monumental shift for Intel not to dominate the laptop and prebuilt market (not to mention the millions of desktops in schools and offices)

Well, you've done your part, educate whomever you can but don't force it.

Let ppl make up their own minds. 

Some things take time, if you see a need fill the need, but never push. 

6 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I don't know what you mean?

In Aliexpress 3700X = 265€

Where I live  = 320€

Although maybe some custom charges are needed?

Yes, anything worth more then 22 euro entering the EU will be subject to custom charges and (local) taxes. IIRC it's about 20% in total. So, 265+20% is about 320 too.

My supplier offers the 3700X for 299€, actually 5€ less then the German mother company ;)

2 hours ago, GabenJr said:

Intel’s lack of understanding of what its customers want has damaged its credibility in the industry. It’s not too late, though: Intel can still fix its 400-series budget chipsets.

Was laughing my ass of by the end, nice one.

On a serious note however, I'm legitimately expecting ill be getting a AMD CPU during my next upgrade, bear in mind I only upgrade my 'base' system components when i 'need' to. Im still rocking a 3930k. So i can easily justify paying a premium for the best performance in any given task, BUT im very very much a man of principal, I vote with my wallet and if Intel continues screwing over the consumers ill go with AMD, they competing and are not that far behind in some areas of performance, close enough to say "fk it, its worth it to give Intel the finger"

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I wish you had added the only reason intel didn't lose more market share in the early 2000s was so illegal dealings. Bribing OEMs to use intel CPUs over AMD

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Crazy to think I now hate Intel almost as much as Apple...

1 hour ago, delcolux said:

I know you used to be able to OC the RAM in the _Bridge days.

With Z chipset board you can do whatever you please to memory even if the CPU's locked

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s