Ubisoft Forward Game Announcements

zeusthemoose

Summary

Today, Ubisoft held their online event about upcoming games called Ubisoft Forward. They showed game trailers, announced upcoming updates, and gave launch dates.
They promised a free copy of Watch Dogs 2 to those who watched, but had many issues with people logging in. They have since said that everyone will still get the game but it is currently unknown how you can get your copy.

Quotes (from gamespot)

Ubisoft Game Announcements And News

Just Dance 2020

Just Dance 2020 was the first game shown during the pre-show presentation, and it mentioned that six new songs were coming to the game and that a tournament mode was on the way. This Virtual Paradise content is out July 23.

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet

Ubisoft gave a brief look at a playable sandbox that was used for the Apple TV+ show Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet. The team at Ubisoft Red Storm initially made a fake game for the show, but ended up making the content actually functional.

The Crew 2

Ubisoft Ivory Tower gave an update on The Crew 2 during the pre-show. The Summer in Hollywood update recently went live, and it will include special additions like The Beach and Neon Battle over the next few weeks. There are also special modded events arriving in August.

The Division 2

An Easter egg of sorts is available in The Division 2, as revealed during the pre-show. The game's rubber ducks were acknoweldged, as they were initially put in the game to remind a designer to finish something while the game was in development. It adds some hope into a world that is on the brink of collapse.

Trials Rising

Ubisoft revealed a surprise for Trials Rising. An endurance challenge has arrived in the game: the Gigatrack. A fan-favorite, the enormous track is the biggest ever put in any of the series' games and is sure to test your skills and anger your friends in multiplayer sessions. It's free on July 16.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Ubisoft detailed upcoming additions and changes to Ghost Recon Breakpoint. These changes come in the wake of poor reviews for the game last year as well as disappointing sales figures. AI teammates are finally coming to the game on July 15. They are fully customizable, including physical features, gear, weapons, and costumes. They will follow your lead if you go stealthily, and there are four orders you can give.

Watch Dogs: Legion

Ubisoft Toronto's extremely ambitious Watch Dogs: Legion, which features the ability to play as any character in the game, was showcased during the presentation. It showed how the different characters' unique abilities will change gameplay, and how they can fit seamlessly into the very political story's cutscenes. The game, initially due for release in March, will now launch on October 29, 2020 for Xbox One, PS4, Stadia, and PC, as well as Uplay+. When Xbox Series X and PS5 launch, it will be on those systems, too, and will be a free upgrade.

Brawlhalla

The fighting game Brawlhalla is coming to iOS and Android devices in just a few weeks. These versions will feature customizable controls, as well as cross-play with all other platforms. They launch August 6 and feature more than 50 fighters.

Mobile Showcase

Ubisoft dedicated a segment to its mobile games during the show, including Might & Magic: Era of Chaos, which features exclusive rewards. Tom Clancy's Elite Squad was also featured in a trailer, and it gave us a brief glimpse of Sam Fisher alongside other Clancy heroes.

Hyper Scape

Hyper Scape was only just announced this month and immediately launched into closed testing on PC. However, it is now in open beta and though a final release date is not available, the game is scheduled to arrive this summer to PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

Assassins' Creed Valhalla

Ubisoft fully unveiled Assassin's Creed Valhalla during the presentation, showing off gameplay and confirmed a November 17 release date that had leaked earlier. The game is planned for launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5, PC, and Stadia, though only current-gen platforms have confirmed release dates as the next-gen consoles' own release dates have yet to be revealed.

Far Cry 6

Ubisoft confirmed Far Cry 6 and actor Giancarlo Esposito's involvement a few days prior to its presentation because of leaks, and it presented a full trailer for the game during Ubisoft Forward. The game features the return of a fully voiced protagonist who can be either a man or woman. It's set to release on February 21 2020 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5, and PC.

My thoughts

I didn’t get to watch the event, but as someone with a uplay+ subscription, I’m really looking forward to playing a lot of these games. I have been waiting to play watch dogs legion since it was announced and am really glad they have an official release date now. I’m also hoping Assassins Creed Valhalla isn’t too dependent on the previous games as I haven’t played much of them.

Sources

Game Spot

CNET

The Verge

Edited by zeusthemoose
Adding more sources

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

9 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Just Dance 2020

Just Dance 2020 was the first game shown during the pre-show presentation, and it mentioned that six new songs were coming to the game and that a tournament mode was on the way. This Virtual Paradise content is out July 23.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this out on the Wii but not on the Wii U?

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Watch Dogs Legions looks really ugly, honestly.

The graphics don’t look the best on any of them, but I’m really excited for the storyline and the fact that all the characters remember what you did to them and people who are supposed to be close to them.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, gloop said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this out on the Wii but not on the Wii U?

Yeah, I think it’s only out on wii, switch, ps4, and Xbox.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

Yeah, I think it’s only out on wii, switch, ps4, and Xbox.

That's crazy. Just shows how much the Wii is still pulling profits in through 'casual' gamers, that 14 years later a major game company is still making games for it.

That trailer for Far Cry 6 was one of the best things I've seen out of Ubisoft in recent years. Unfortunately, I have strong doubts as to whether the game will live up to said trailer.

The AC Valhalla stuff looks promising - in particular the return of social stealth and eagle vision - but a lot of the animations (especially facial animations) looked very janky and the combat looked a bit meh. Hopefully the game will get significantly more polish during these few months before release. Also wasn't much of a fan of what I've heard so far from the female Eivor voice actor. Also, they mentioned during a boss fight encounter that if you use stealth going into the fight you can get a critical hit - which is extremely disappointing to hear; if you sneak up on someone and stab them through the head, they should be outright dead. Assassinations only taking out part of the enemies health bar has been and remains a terrible design choice for this franchise.

The Watch Dogs Legion stuff looked nice and the gameplay looked great and engaging with a lot of cool and interesting mechanics and systems, but the way they presented it, the narrator in particular, was incredibly cringe-worthy and makes me worry that the tone of the game will end up feeling very off-putting.

only thing from ubisoft worth playing in my eyes is trackmania.

>Just Dance 2020

Thank you Ubisoft, very cool!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Watch Dogs 2 looks underwhelming tbh... I live with politics all day long, gaming is my escape from the real world, where I can just have fun. Now seeing the very politics that plague this world forced into video games just sucks. Anyways, I am excited for Far Cry 6!

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Watch Dogs 2 looks underwhelming tbh...

I think you mean watch dogs legion...

Watch dogs 2 is about taking down companies that are spying on people and also taking out other hacking groups.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

46 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Watch Dogs 2 looks underwhelming tbh... I live with politics all day long, gaming is my escape from the real world, where I can just have fun. Now seeing the very politics that plague this world forced into video games just sucks. Anyways, I am excited for Far Cry 6!

Is this sarcasm? The trailer for Far Cry 6 seemed like the most politically charged part of the entire event.

as every thing ubisoft: one heap of garbage after another 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I was going to watch it, but spent most of the show just trying to log in to claim my free copy of Watch Dogs 2. So just watched the Far Cry 6 trailer later on and that's it. 

Bet they totally avoided the fact that some of their higher managers were fired at the end of last week for allowing sexual assualt and bullying to happen in the workplace.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Still no sign of Beyond Good & Evil 2?

I think AC Valhalla looks like another Origins and Odyssey and not like an AC game. Visually, it looks dated and janky.

It seems Black Flag was the series' swan song.

13 hours ago, cj09beira said:

only thing from ubisoft worth playing in my eyes is trackmania.

That series has gotten worse since Ubisoft bought Nadeo, too.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

15 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

The Crew 2

The Division 2

Trials Rising

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Brawlhalla

Mobile Showcase

Hyper Scape

They sure like those live services...

Assassins' Creed Valhalla

The series lost it's identity since Assassin's creed Unity~Syndicate,

From fast paced action and quick kills,skill based battles to painfully long,level based battles.

It doesn't really appeal to us,the OG players of the series,i played each and every game in the series (except for origins)

Enough is enough,this doesn't feel like Assassin's Creed anymore,it feels more like the Witcher but it isn't the Witcher...

Watch Dogs: Legion

Don't know,I have mixed feelings about that one,also it uses the same game engine as the original Watch Dogs (It's a 6 years old engine!)...

Far Cry 6

Far Cry 5 was atrocious,but they nailed it with the previous entries in the series,

I hope whey will get this one right,i think the main reason for the failure of 5 was the generic protagonist that had no personality at all,

At least with silent protagonists like Ajay from Far Cry 4 you had a background story and your actions and situations all connect.

Far Cry 5 is a mess,the story and setting doesn't make any sense,and nothing really compels you to care about your police friends or NPCs.

In Far Cry 3 you had your brother and friends and the situations in the game especially in the beginning make feel connected to them,

In Far Cry 4 you stumble upon friends of your family and other figures on whom you depend through out the journey,they are like family to you.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Bet they totally avoided the fact that some of their higher managers were fired at the end of last week for allowing sexual assualt and bullying to happen in the workplace.

This is what they said before the stream.

Well, as for AC Valhalla the game is looking rather interesting, definitely needs some gameplay polish, but yeah. The setting is awesome, there's that hidden blade yey, even though it feels more departed for assassins, still it will be fun I say. 

The Hyper Scape I actually like, pace is good, they made loot system great as well as recovery too, where some other gamea fail to still adress. Repawn system is neat. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

11 hours ago, Orangeator said:

You are tired of politics but excited for Far Cry 6 which had one of the most political trailers that I have seen.

1 hour ago, GravityHurts said:

You are tired of politics but excited for Far Cry 6 which had one of the most political trailers that I have seen.

Yeah you are right, I read the article rather than watching the trailer for Watch Dogs Legion. The trailer does not make it seem as political as that article made it sound.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Still no news about Gods and Monsters or Beyond Good and Evil 2, I hate how companies announce games then just stop talking about them for years.

7 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

That series has gotten worse since Ubisoft bought Nadeo, too.

I dont doubt that

My introduction to the Far Cry series was 5.  I was never really interested in them prior.  That one, however, had me in stitches through most of the game and unfortunately I mistakenly thought that twisted sense of humor would exist in the rest of them.  I think i tried FC3 afterward and was pretty disappointed.  The follow-on to FC5 was also very dark, serious, and with only token moments of humor.  It didn't leave much of an impression on me.

It looks like FC6 is a return to their standard form and I'm likely going to skip it.  But I'll remain open to the idea of it.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |