Your Folding Rig(s)

In theory your 4280's are better then my 8425's in my 4P box, with 24 core total. Depending on the project that box does between 100K and 150K PPD. And is pretty power efficient as well. Your 16 core unit has more cache and better clock frequency, although I am running OC. So, maybe expect the same? A bit less?

That makes me feel much better. Thanks for the input. 

~Judah

I started folding recently currently using my main rig I5 3570k @4Ghz with a GTX 770 i just added a gtx 650 to it was thinking i could use that to fold so i lose less points while gaming my 770 and have it power my second moniter . I also have my i3 laptop folding but its been 2 days since i started that machine folding and has not recieved any WUs.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I started folding recently currently using my main rig I5 3570k @4Ghz with a GTX 770 i just added a gtx 650 to it was thinking i could use that to fold so i lose less points while gaming my 770 and have it power my second moniter . I also have my i3 laptop folding but its been 2 days since i started that machine folding and has not recieved any WUs.

Check that your pass key name and team number are correct.

Check that your pass key name and team number are correct.

They are and on my page it said i have 2 active clients

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I run my 8 core Mac Pro spradicly, but most hours, most days. It has two 4 core xeons @ 3Ghz. My PPD varies a lot thought, I can get between 10 and 30 k

Also, FAH team moved servers and have some networking issues. That is probably why. But should be working now I believe.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Also, FAH team moved servers and have some networking issues. That is probably why. But should be working now I believe.

Ok thanks

Primary system Amd phenom II x6 1045t 8gb ram hd6570 1gb ddr3 overclocked to 6670 specs

Secondary asus k55vj laptop I7 3630qm 8gb ram nvidia gt635m 2gb ddr3

Tertiary Intel p4 3ghz 3gb ram hd4670 agp 1gb ddr3 too bad mobo died :(

Sent from my brain using my fingers!

(>'_')>

Currently using my normal rig (specs in signature)

Might add another rig to fold with when I see my power bill. =S

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

My folding rigs.

dell inspiron 1545 with a intel pentium T4300 at 2.10ghz 4gb ram.

amd 3200+ at 2ghz with stock cooler on a msi 7093 512mb ram. 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

• 1 month later...

Figured we need to BUMP this back up - lot of new users - post your specs in here and get some ideas in here.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Figured we need to BUMP this back up - lot of new users - post your specs in here and get some ideas in here.

:o Whaler! You broke one of the CoC Rules! Shame on you!

Well it's been a while since I did post on this. So my folding rig is the one in my signature and when it gets colder I will also be adding in my old HD 7770. Going to have a nice little personal heater this year.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Naw - only like a month and a bit :)

I'm just folding using my Gaming Rig right now. I have a backup rig I plan to switch to soon.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

Im still folding on the same rig from the last time i posted in here, a 3570K @4.3 with a 7850 oc'd to a 1 full gigahertz. also have a gt430 in there now just for folding. But I've been looking around and doing a whole bunch of reading, and if i can swing it with the wife i may end up with a 4p folder soon :ph34r:

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

Im still folding on the same rig from the last time i posted in here, a 3570K @4.3 with a 7850 oc'd to a 1 full gigahertz. also have a gt430 in there now just for folding. But I've been looking around and doing a whole bunch of reading, and if i can swing it with the wife i may end up with a 4p folder soon :ph34r:

That's what I like to hear!! :)

Currently folding on an AMD 955 Black Edition (4.0 GHz OC) with a MSi R6950 (950MHz OC). Planning to upgrade to an AMD FX8320 and R9 280X soon, with a beefier power supply and a bunch of cooling upgrades. If everything goes alright, I might look into getting a 2P / 4P rig up when my work term kicks in.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I just realized that I never posted here.

3770k at 4.5ghz which is retired from folding

EVGA 780 SC ACX at 1137

Sapphire 7970 at stock clocks

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

i try to fold as much as possible on my gaming rig but dont want to fold on it 24/7. so i am going to be adding a 4p folding server vary soon already have some components on the way will have the rest ordered on Wednesday. Cant wait till i have it all here and ready to assemble. :D

I'm using an iMac, i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz and 6970M. Currently getting around 20K.

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

While at class or out of the house I fold on my 4760K @ 4.4 Ghz and my 7950 

some times its folds the whole time some times it BSOD I really need to fix that

While at class or out of the house I fold on my 4760K @ 4.4 Ghz and my 7950 

some times its folds the whole time some times it BSOD I really need to fix that

BSOD typically indicate unstable OC's...

i7 3820 @4.2ghz and hd 6950 1gb

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Pri. AMD phenom x6 1090T @ stock, 7770ghz edition @ stock. gettting around 30 to 40k PPD. Folds pretty much 24/7, but its also my HTPC so when im watching something it's not folding.

Sec. AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6Ghz, 2x 7970Ghz @ stock getting anywhere from 140k up to 220k PPD, but i don't fold on the rig 24/7 as it is my gaming rig which is in my bedroom and makes a shitton of noise when its folding.

no plans what so ever for a 2p or 4p rig. Don't have the money or that much interest in folding :P. I do have a 2p P3 1ghz here but its broken en useless for folding :P.

I have no signature