Your Folding Rig(s)

My small farm:

core 2 quad Q6600

Core 2 quad Q9300 + GTX 275

getting third system stable now

core 2 quad QX6700 @ 3.8GHz + GTX 275

attachicon.gifCAM00106.jpg

I love the mix of cases :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

all these systems are making my contributation look rather small :/ but i have core 2 duo 2.9GHz with Gforce210 graphics card 24/7 and my main rig on cpu only which is i3 530 @ 4.2GHz which i have on usually 4-6hours every day can't seem to fold on the xfx 6850 i've got in there though any help to get it to work would be appricated

Have you created a separate post about your 6850 not working? That be best to help you...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

I got two spare Dell PowerEdge 2950 with 2x Xeon E5440 in each server + An Core i5 3450 with an GTX650 folding like mad :P

Nice!

What's your PPD?

Its says 15086 pr. server, so around 30k for both the poweredge servere, witch doesnt seem to be that much, compared to others. I guess i will have to put in some gpu´s to boost the ppd up :P

Nice!

Hell yeah, i might even get my hands on 2x Poweredge R710 with 2x 6 cores xeon´s in each server as well, but that is to early to say jet :P

Hell yeah, i might even get my hands on 2x Poweredge R710 with 2x 6 cores xeon´s in each server as well, but that is to early to say jet :P

With 8 physical cores, 16 HT ones, you are somewhat limited. If you can fit some GPU's in them, then stick with Windows. You could also load ubuntu and probably get more PPD, but, make sure you don't enable bigadv. 16 cores is the minimum required, but that is real cores. With your 16 HT ones, getting a bigadv project may end up failing because you run out of time. Something to test anyways.

Specs:

Case: antec dark fleet df-85 as reviewed by linus

MB: Asus sabertooth Z77

PSU: corsair AX750 watts Gold plus

CPU: I7 2600k @4.5 Ghz

MM: Corsair vengeance 16GB @1600Mhz

GPU: 2 way pny GTX 660 TI Sli

SSD: ocz vertex 3 240GB OS

HDD: 2 WD green 2TB (Backups) 2WD black 1TB (Games) 2WD blue 500GB (Movies and music)

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

using 2 cores from my Intel core 2 quad q9300 when browsing the webs,

none when gaming

and 4 cores when sleeping +560ti

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

Its says 15086 pr. server, so around 30k for both the poweredge servere, witch doesnt seem to be that much, compared to others. I guess i will have to put in some gpu´s to boost the ppd up :P

Okay, now it says 18k on one of the server.... hmm

xy3.png

Added my vps for folding to :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

This is an update. Now I only fold on my GPU at the moment because it gets really toast in my room even with a couple of fans on. Can't wait until winter is here and i can open my window :lol:. I really want to make a dedicated folding computer but that will be hard to explain to my parents....

Z60CkfL.jpg

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I began folding today, with my specs listed in my sig. :)

EDIT: Why are my ETA times so much higher than you guys? Did I configure something incorrectly?

7dal.png

Edited by Vettexl

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I began folding today, with my specs listed in my sig. :)

EDIT: Why are my ETA times so much higher than you guys? Did I configure something incorrectly?

ETA's are based on your specific hardware, the project and some variable of moon alignment, me things. Honestly, everyone's ETA is different, even with the same project and you will notice even that changes.

Im jelous now. I spent about $900 on an 8-core server for folding, and it only pulls 15k PPD using SMP. Should have just gotten a few 680's...

~Judah

Running a 3770 at stock (18450 PPD), and a HD7570 (3407 PPD).

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Im jelous now. I spent about $900 on an 8-core server for folding, and it only pulls 15k PPD using SMP. Should have just gotten a few 680's...

Should have got a 2p or 4p rig

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

average 6k ppd folding with my cpu and gpu..btw where's my folding@home members badge D:

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

average 6k ppd folding with my cpu and gpu..btw where's my folding@home members badge D:

Send at pm at whaler_99 with your F@H name and things like that!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

My 680 gets around 100k PPD but is a lot louder/hotter/consumes more power than a cpu or anything like that

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Send at pm at whaler_99 with your F@H name and things like that!

Roger! I actually have the badge before, and now its gone :S

• FX 6300 Hexacore 3.5 GHZ

HD7770 Vapor X OC

Gskill RipjawsX 2x4 GB 1600mhz

Roger! I actually have the badge before, and now its gone :S

You have to make sure that you continue to fold. If you drop off the badge can be taken away. Or it could just be by mistake just make sure with Whaler.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I have a 2500K and some cheap AMD dual core chip folding full time. When folding full out I add 4x7970, 1x7950, 2x7850, 2x6870, and a 5770.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

Your server probably uses a lot less power and heat then the 680's. :) But, ya, at $900 - I assume you went Intel?

Should have got a 2p or 4p rig

Your server probably uses a lot less power and heat then the 680's. :) But, ya, at $900 - I assume you went Intel?

Nope. I went with a 2p Opteron system with only 1 processor installed. Im using the Opteron 4280 (8-core, 2.8GHz).

I will have other uses for it once i figure out how to make Apache, Nginx, and PHP work together. So im not at a total loss, but still... $$$

I was thinking that since SMP and BigAdv points are rewarded exponentally higher for shorter completion times, that maybe getting another $250 4280 will push me over the "magic line" where i start getting much higher PPD. Im not sure id risk another bucket of money though (money is hard to come by when your 16).

It pulls just under 200w though, so at least there's that.

~Judah

Nope. I went with a 2p Opteron system with only 1 processor installed. Im using the Opteron 4280 (8-core, 2.8GHz).

I will have other uses for it once i figure out how to make Apache, Nginx, and PHP work together. So im not at a total loss, but still... $$$

I was thinking that since SMP and BigAdv points are rewarded exponentally higher for shorter completion times, that maybe getting another $250 4280 will push me over the "magic line" where i start getting much higher PPD. Im not sure id risk another bucket of money though (money is hard to come by when your 16).

It pulls just under 200w though, so at least there's that.

You are correct - once you got that second one folding, you would be able to do bigadv if using Linux/Ubuntu. But, with the 16 core minimum, you be hard pressed to run much of anything else on the box, as all 16 cores will be going full out on that. :) And, I honestly cannot tell you how much extra you might expect because of bigadv projects.

In theory your 4280's are better then my 8425's in my 4P box, with 24 core total. Depending on the project that box does between 100K and 150K PPD. And is pretty power efficient as well. Your 16 core unit has more cache and better clock frequency, although I am running OC. So, maybe expect the same? A bit less?