Your Folding Rig(s)

gallery_1_4_2641.png

I had a bit of an issue on the three. I ordered them and found out they actually didnt have 3 and I waited for a week and a half for it to ship.

(3) Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 980 ~1 million PPD

(2) Asus DirectCU II GTX 780 ~300K PPD

yeah, holy shit that is awesome :P those maxwell gpu's fold like beasts.

nearly a year ago i spent 3k on a 4p rig,2 month's dedicated to purchasing. Now you can just buy two 970's which will be the equivalent ppd, use alot less power, less noise, less heat, less space, and call it a day.

nearly a year ago i spent 3k on a 4p rig,2 month's dedicated to purchasing. Now you can just buy two 970's which will be the equivalent ppd, use alot less power, less noise, less heat, less space, and call it a day.

Ya, 4P days pretty numbered for PPD I say...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ya, 4P days pretty numbered for PPD I say...

pretty much.. even pre BA project ending. After that this 550 watt monstrosity will practically be inferior to a single 970.

pretty much.. even pre BA project ending. After that this 550 watt monstrosity will practically be inferior to a single 970.

Good old Moore's law?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Good old Moore's law?

the processor is 4+ years old, i suppose it was inevitable. There's nothing in moore's law about cpu's being useless though :P

edit: i guess it's better to say "bad value" as opposed to useless. 

Your 4 processors and 48 cores sound and look cooler though! I got a quad processor machine in my server rack but it's old. Only 16 cores and it only put out 40k PPD when I tried it.

I had a bit of an issue on the three. I ordered them and found out they actually didnt have 3 and I waited for a week and a half for it to ship.

holy balls thats all  :)

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

It is in my signature, but don't fold in Summer or if it is hot, e.g. now.

EDIT - WOOOOHOOOOOO 1000 POSTS YEAH BABY!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

this is the rig im folding with : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/givingtnt/saved/yqsV3C

i7 4790k (not overclocked yet)
asus gtx 780.. sadly bought this 1 week befor 970 release cus yeah.. well I wasen't there for the 2 months befor that :/

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Yep that is it. Now I could use a 4th haha

btw why u no fold for team linus :( 

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

OC3D was my first and still over there.

oke (sad panda)

Simply using my HP ProLiant N54L xD

Not that high PPD, but hey, its running 24/7 anyways, why shouldnt i use it for help research? ^^

~Straw

Well I have updated my rig since the last time I posted. My rigs now consist of the following:

My Rig

4790K @ 4.6ghz 1.252v

x2 Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 @ 1472 core and 1900 memory

Wife's Rig

4690K @ 4.6ghz  1.33v

EVGA GTX 970 SC @ 1522 core and 1900 memory

These are my safe settings for folding and to keep my temps where I want them.

a Lenovo R500 laptop :o

CPU: core 2 duo 2.0gHz

running on low or medium since it's running Plex and Utorrent

What the hey....

I'm folding on my main rig because my other rigs can't do anything :P It's rocking a(n)

• Intel i7 3770k
  • 2x GTX 670s (reference)
  • 8GB RAM

I had it mining for a week while I was at vacation and I was up by 400,000 points :D I'm thinking of pushing over the Folding idea to my school so more people can be a part of this.

PC in Profile

• 2 months later...

Started folding around two days ago, first day sadly could only get the CPUs running properly. Second day managed to get all GPUs online.

System 1(This is my main rig so it's part time for Folding):

CPU: Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 52K PPD
GPU(s):

• Have another ti not used for folding.
  • 780ti - 150-250K PPD
  • 780ti - 150-250K PPD

System 2(Will be online soon, maintinence):

CPU: Intel Core i7 3930k - (UNKNOWN PPD)
GPU(s):

• 780ti - 150-250K PPD

Note: Have the Memory, An HDD, Board, Waiting on a chassis. 

System 3:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.4Ghz - 34K PPD
GPU(s):

• 780ti - 150-250K PPD

System 4:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 - 23K PPD
GPU(s):

• 680MX - 50K PPD

System 5(Will be online soon, in progress):

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - (UNKNOWN PPD)
GPU(s):

• Order pending on GTX 970/980(Haven't figured out how much funds will be available yet)

BTW - if anyone is looking for upgrades, best bang for the buck, PPD wise, is to add, or upgrade, the video card, espcially the NVidia ones, for the average system. And... check kijiji. Lot of people selling "older" cards at very good prices that are still awesome for folding, like the GTX 460.

what other cards do you recomend ? cuz i found some old qudro fx1800 for like 80$ idk if they would fold well or not tho

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

what other cards do you recomend ? cuz i found some old qudro fx1800 for like 80$ idk if they would fold well or not tho

Pass on those, Quadro cards will fold, but they get terrible PPD, they are designed as CAD and 3D modeling cards and lower end ones don't fold very well. If they are too old, more the 2-3 years, they won't fold at all..

My rig that I'm folding with is just my 4930k paired with my GTX 780.

Getting around 150~230k PPD.

I occasionally use my 480 and 7950 to fold now. I have to try and get my grandma's computer folding again, since Catalyst crashes when it starts to fold. I just got a board that has a Celeron D at some frequency I forgot, and I'll have that folding pretty much 24/7, other than on the weekends when I use it. I plan to replace it with an E8500 or something.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)