Your Folding Rig(s)

Sorry, didnt mean to steal your credit ;)

No problem. :D

I know that whaler is big here so it doesn't surprise me people will reference him first. ;)

I'm typically that "right-hand man" and work in the shadows for others till something is needed. :ph34r: So not being mentioned it typically a norm unless im wanting to have a bit fun. (Like now. :rolleyes: ) 

Pretty sweet setup you have there :)

Cheers mate!

Been following Linus techtips for a while, and heard more and more about folding on the Live stream. so tought i check it out.

so added the beasts to the mix^^

Main Gamer: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - Intel® Core i7-3960X Extreme @ 4.8Ghz - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866MHz 32GB - Quad-SLI EVGA GTX 690 - OCZ RevoDrive 3 X2 SSD 240GB

Says it runs 122239 Points Per Day is this good ? new to folding.

Guest^^ Gamer: ASUS Sabertooth x79 - Intel® Core i7-3930k @ 4.7Ghz - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 32GB - X-Fire Sapphire Radeon HD7970 - Raid 0 Corsair's Force Series GT 240GB x2

This one is at 35000 ish Points Per Day

Joined Yesterday ;)

Pretty beast systems. May sure you have the proper core count - I think with Hyper threading you have 8 logical cores correct? So, CPU should say CPU:7.

On the GPU slots, make sure you added in the BETA flag - see the FAQ for info.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

No problem. :D

I know that whaler is big here so it doesn't surprise me people will reference him first. ;)

I'm typically that "right-hand man" and work in the shadows for others till something is needed. :ph34r: So not being mentioned it typically a norm unless im wanting to have a bit fun. (Like now. :rolleyes: ) 

Hey, I got you a shout out on the livestream didn't I? :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Hey, I got you a shout out on the livestream didn't I? :D

Yea. Although I didn't learn about it till the archive came up. :p

make sure you are running the new beta cores on the gpu's, i think whaler already posted a topic about it

otherwise great setup, those are beast, and welcome to the team :D

How do setup the beta cores ?

Hey guys,

I'm rather new to the community but I'm very impressed with it's response time, quality content and answers. Really can't get better/faster answers anywhere else (sorry TTL :( ).

So I discovered Folding last week and I must say I'm glad that technology has reached a point where the average Joe can contribute so easily with potentially a massive outcome.

Here are my Folding rigs:

#1. i5 3570k @ 4.08GHz + Asus GTX 670 DCU2 / CPU temp at 44°C / PPD around 43.000

#2. i3 530 @ 2.93GHz + 9500 GT / CPU temp at 46°C / PPD around 3.600

#3. E6550 @ 2.33GHZ + 7600 GT (sadly not supported) / CPU temp at 36°C / PPD around 1.500

Power consumption for #1 and #3 is about 410Watts at 100% load.

Since I don't know much about Folding please let me know if the PPD's are decent for the rigs.

Also, is it OK for CPU's and GPU's to stay at 100% load 24/7 at these temperatures? How much is their lifespan reduced?

Congratulations to Linus, Slick and the whole team for creating this great community!

LE: I've just enabled FLAGS on #1 and the PPD is now at 79.000. Does that have anything to do with the increase?

i5 3570K@4.3GHz | GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB | Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 8GB 1600MHz | Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II | Noctua NH-D14 | All Noctua NF-F12 | Corsair TX850M | CM Storm Trooper | All DemciFlex custom intake filters

My main folding rig is an i7 3770k overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, and a PNY Gtx 670. I just found out about folding recently, and am happy to donate some of my processing power, since I rarely take advantage of it. The only problem is the 670 sounds like a jet engine when its running full blast....

Hey guys,

I'm rather new to the community but I'm very impressed with it's response time, quality content and answers. Really can't get better/faster answers anywhere else (sorry TTL :( ).

So I discovered Folding last week and I must say I'm glad that technology has reached a point where the average Joe can contribute so easily with potentially a massive outcome.

Here are my Folding rigs:

#1. i5 3570k @ 4.08GHz + Asus GTX 670 DCU2 / CPU temp at 44°C / PPD around 43.000

#2. i3 530 @ 2.93GHz + 9500 GT / CPU temp at 46°C / PPD around 3.600

#3. E6550 @ 2.33GHZ + 7600 GT (sadly not supported) / CPU temp at 36°C / PPD around 1.500

Power consumption for #1 and #3 is about 410Watts at 100% load.

Since I don't know much about Folding please let me know if the PPD's are decent for the rigs.

Also, is it OK for CPU's and GPU's to stay at 100% load 24/7 at these temperatures? How much is their lifespan reduced?

Congratulations to Linus, Slick and the whole team for creating this great community!

LE: I've just enabled FLAGS on #1 and the PPD is now at 79.000. Does that have anything to do with the increase?

Welcome to the team! And yes, all your PPD counts look fine, and yes, adding the Beta Flags should result in a nice increase when you get the 7663 project.

My main folding rig is an i7 3770k overclocked to 4.2 Ghz, and a PNY Gtx 670. I just found out about folding recently, and am happy to donate some of my processing power, since I rarely take advantage of it. The only problem is the 670 sounds like a jet engine when its running full blast....

Welcome to the team. One option on the GPU is you can under clock it, will run a bit cooler - but, that is one of the drawbacks of Folding, if you have loud fans, you are going to hear them as things crank to full load.

I have a GTX 550 Ti and a FX4100 folding (only 3 threads though, i keep one reserved). I pump out about 15k PPD, but maybe only 10k realistically.

I plan on getting a much larger rig running once i can afford it.

Here is my current rig:

The picture quality isn't too good, that one fan is pretty bright. But it looks great (when im not trying to sleep through it)

~Judah

Realistically, I think most people just have an old laptop, or pc they use to fold, 24/7

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

I have a GTX 550 Ti and a FX4100 folding (only 3 threads though, i keep one reserved). I pump out about 15k PPD, but maybe only 10k realistically.

I plan on getting a much larger rig running once i can afford it.

Here is my current rig:

The picture quality isn't too good, that one fan is pretty bright. But it looks great (when im not trying to sleep through it)

Very bright! :)

Changed my rig a little:

Asus P8Z77-M PRO

I5 3570K @4,3ghz

Sapphire 7850 2gb OC edition @1150mhz

Gskill Sniper 4x4gb

Looking for a SSD...

Milestone:

post-10915-0-20719500-1369061565.jpg

Changed my rig a little:

Asus P8Z77-M PRO

I5 3570K @4,3ghz

Sapphire 7850 2gb OC edition @1150mhz

Gskill Sniper 4x4gb

Looking for a SSD...

Milestone:

attachicon.gifcert.qwerty90.1026960.jpg

Congrats on your first million!

Congrats on your first million!

thanks, more to come  B)

• 2 weeks later...

Gaming rig now gets 95,000 PPD (i5-2320, GTX 670) and I added my new laptop (i7-3630QM) which gets roughly 30,000 PPD. I have to turn down my laptop though, because it gets to around 85-90C, which is too high for my tastes. :p

I'll update my gaming rig to use beta on the CPU and see if that helps.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Gaming rig now gets 95,000 PPD (i5-2320, GTX 670) and I added my new laptop (i7-3630QM) which gets roughly 30,000 PPD. I have to turn down my laptop though, because it gets to around 85-90C, which is too high for my tastes. :P

I'll update my gaming rig to use beta on the CPU and see if that helps.

Very nice numbers!!

My main rig has a 3930k and a 7970 getting 130k PPD at the moment. I had to turn down the cpu-clock to stock speeds 

because my H100i is struggling keeping the temperatures below 70´C and I have the room window open

otherwise I´d have a Sauna in the room! (It´s summer temperatures here)

The old rig has a Q6600 core2quad and two 6850´s getting about 16k PPD.

I first heard about F@H when i bought a PS3 and it had F@H, but I didn´t care about it back then.

Then I read about it on "The Forum" (LTT :D ) and Slick talked about it on "The Livestream" and now I´m stuck!!

Today I reached #100 on the teamrank list! Top 20 is my goal :)

Rambo2011

Awesome numbers Rambo! And welcome to the top 100 - with those numbers and consistent folding, you should be able to make top 20 very quickly.

My main rig has a 3930k and a 7970 getting 130k PPD at the moment. I had to turn down the cpu-clock to stock speeds 

because my H100i is struggling keeping the temperatures below 70´C and I have the room window open

otherwise I´d have a Sauna in the room! (It´s summer temperatures here)

The old rig has a Q6600 core2quad and two 6850´s getting about 16k PPD.

I first heard about F@H when i bought a PS3 and it had F@H, but I didn´t care about it back then.

Then I read about it on "The Forum" (LTT :D ) and Slick talked about it on "The Livestream" and now I´m stuck!!

Today I reached #100 on the teamrank list! Top 20 is my goal :)

Rambo2011

Sweet, I'm quite a way of that and since I can't connect my desktop at the moment I won't be folding for a while, damn crossover bullshit lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I run it whenever I can, but I don't do it 24/7 as I'm sure my parents would hate the electricity bill!

-AMD Bulldozer FX6100 @ 3.3Ghz (boosts to 3.9GHz usually when folding)

-Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB RAM (don't know why some others have stated this, pretty sure it wouldn't have a massive effect on PPD)

-Sapphire HD7850 2GB

-Multiple HDDs

-CX750M PSU

I haven't really done a test on the average PPD...

guess I should find out within these coming weeks as i'll be folding during revision for my upcoming exams..

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung