Your Folding Rig(s)

Why haven i gotten my "First Million" Award Yet??

All i have seen were,, LOL INTEL builds.

My main rig has a intel i7 3820 at 4.2 Ghz with a Nvidia GTX 680 (very conservatively over clocked) . I use that most of the time, but when I want to play games I usually find some old laptop laying around the house and use that as a secondary. when I need my main computer.

I run it whenever I can, but I don't do it 24/7 as I'm sure my parents would hate the electricity bill!

-AMD Bulldozer FX6100 @ 3.3Ghz (boosts to 3.9GHz usually when folding)

-Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB RAM (don't know why some others have stated this, pretty sure it wouldn't have a massive effect on PPD)

-Sapphire HD7850 2GB

-Multiple HDDs

-CX750M PSU

I haven't really done a test on the average PPD...

guess I should find out within these coming weeks as i'll be folding during revision for my upcoming exams..

You should just be able to watch the software for an hour or two to get your average PPD - it changes all the time as you do things, and you get new and different projects.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

My main rig has a intel i7 3820 at 4.2 Ghz with a Nvidia GTX 680 (very conservatively over clocked) . I use that most of the time, but when I want to play games I usually find some old laptop laying around the house and use that as a secondary. when I need my main computer.

Nice gear!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

http://i.imgur.com/QQPUa5S.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2JZjFfQ.jpg

http://imgur.com/QQPUa5S,2JZjFfQ,m2az8Qi#2

this is my mining operations with 9x 1055t, 13 6990's, 9 6950's , all unlocked 6970. been mining since march/ 2011 btc

EDIT this is for F@H my mistake...but do you guys really think throwing math at the problem would fix it? all people say otherwise. 

Main Rig:
I7 3820 @ 4.3GHZ---Corsair H100i---EVGA X79 FTW---DDR3 2133 16GB--- Asus GTX 780 DCII--CM Storm Trooper---corsair AX860---OCZ vertex 4 256GB--WD BE 1TB

When am i going to get my 1,000,000 PPD Award??

What is your folding ID?

When am i going to get my 1,000,000 PPD Award??

When you reach 1,000,000 PPD :P

I'm only able to get about 5,000 PPD lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Wait, 1,000,000PPD or 1,000,000 points in general? Since those are not the same thing if I'm not mistaken

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

Reggie92

1.3 Million - Congrats!! http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=638156

Grabs your certs and such from the Stanford site - http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Reggie92

cert.Reggie92.1360931.jpg

If it run the proper Linux distro, then I don't see why not. At $35 bucks, could make an impressive farm. :)

raspberry pi's can fold? i was told they cannot...

if it is possible to fold on a raspberry pi, someone tell me

i have two atm and have plenty of extra cash to invest in a fun little project like a raspberry pi folding farm (:P)

also, in bitcoin, people have connected fpga's and asic's to raspberry pi's to mine for them... could it be possible to do something similar for folding?

No, you cannot fold with a Rpi - the FAH software simply doesn't support the controller on them.

The reason they can do that in mining, is they use the USB connector and the asic does all the work.

Build update:

Got my 3570K stable at 4.4GHz, and also took out my 560 Ti's for one DirectCU II 660 Ti.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Build update:

Got my 3570K stable at 4.4GHz, and also took out my 560 Ti's for one DirectCU II 660 Ti.

Are you getting more PPD on the 660 versus the dual 560's?

Are you getting more PPD on the 660 versus the dual 560's?

I run BOINC instead of folding@home. My 660 Ti doesn't do a lot of folding, but my average points has increased since switching from my 560 Ti's. And of course, my power consumption has decreased greatly as well.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

my main rig

you can see the spec on my signature =D just joined today

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

my main rig

you can see the spec on my signature =D just joined today

Welcome to the gang! :)

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to see what other peoples Folding rigs look like.

Im working on getting mine up and running fully, so when im done ill post my pics

Feel free to show off! :P

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

http://i.imgur.com/PDYZjMu.jpg

sauna mode engaged 2 7850 kicking 1100mhz with %99 usage in boinc room temps rises in 5 minutes if i close the door to terrace 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

sauna mode engaged 2 7850 kicking 1100mhz with %99 usage in boinc room temps rises in 5 minutes if i close the door to terrace 

What temp do you have in your room after an hour ? :D

What temp do you have in your room after an hour ? :D

while outside is 25 room is 30-32

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

What PPD Do you get?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

What PPD Do you get?

im rocking boinc  :rolleyes:

but in theory i should be getting 100k or more with this current setup idk imma try it now

My current 24/7 folder.

20130816_134334.jpg

Intel i7 3770K 4.2 Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Sabertooth Z77 - 2x4 GB Patriot Viper 2133 Mhz
60 GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe - 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - 500 GB WD Caviar Blue
EVGA GTX 780 SLI -Corsair HX 1000W - Lian Li T60