AMD preps Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 7 3800XT, Ryzen 5 3600XT for June 16

AshRiver
On 5/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, The_russian said:

I’m not saying someone will mistakenly buy the wrong one, just that it will create confusion when taking about them. Your example of an F-150 and an F1 doesn’t really make sense, it would be more like Ford selling an F-150 truck and an F-150 sedan.

Like the Taurus (a car) and Taurus X (a crossover)... or the Mustang (a car) and the Mustang Mach E (an Electric SUV)

AMD ATM.

1366809345_VaderhasRyzen.jpg.a8a7ccb1f80297c250947355731268cc.jpg

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

At the moment I’m wondering if there will be a pcie lane boost on these and how many pcie lanes b550 will be able to throw where.  Who would have thought 20 lanes of Pcie3 would be too tight.  Seems to be getting that way though.  Thunderbolt uses 4 lanes, each usb 4 port uses 4 lanes.  Each Nvme m.2 uses 4 lanes, gpu cards used to use 8 lanes but it’s looking likely that fast ones will need 16 lanes.  Pcie4 is looking like kind of a requirement just to get enough stuff functional.  Whether b550 will be able to support thunderbolt or usb4 seems to be unknown.  X570 has only  a few high end boards that will do thunderbolt at all. I don’t know about usb4

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

they should call them new processors AF, like officially. for the enthusiast community it means more now than XT, which will lead to confusion if they do the same thing in two generations, when we get Ryzen 5700 XT. AMD is losing out on a opportunity they made for themselves accidentally. 

anyone who follows tech quite closely knows by now that 1600 AF means ~2600 +/- 5%, so 3600 AF would be received as near 4600. they can even pretend that it means something marketingy like Advanced Feature instead of As F%&k. 

11 minutes ago, thomas2000 said:

they should call them new processors AF, like officially. for the enthusiast community it means more now than XT, which will lead to confusion if they do the same thing in two generations, when we get Ryzen 5700 XT. AMD is losing out on a opportunity they made for themselves accidentally. 

anyone who follows tech quite closely knows by now that 1600 AF means ~2600 +/- 5%, so 3600 AF would be received as near 4600. they can even pretend that it means something marketingy like Advanced Feature instead of As F%&k. 

I like it, but the af designation for the 1600af wasn’t an official thing.  The af designation was part of the model number and stood for the 12nm process.
 I agree it would be intelligent marketing. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

so amazon leaked listings of said upcoming CPUs

congratulations AMD, there's a Radeon 5700XT and a Ryzen 3700XT. i hope you're happy

Hadn’t thought of it that way but you’re right.  It is pretty awful.

I don't see anything confusing with XT branding. XT marks "the highest end" of the series. Whether it's a GPU, CPU or a turbo hamster wheel 9000 XT. You'll know it's the fastest turbo hamster wheel of the 9000 series.

Looks like the XT CPUs are coming 7.7, while the APUs don't have a launch date yet. So it's all just a motherboard launch with CPUs to come later. 

On 5/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, Void Master said:

MAYBE they want u to think that they can't...... 

Hmmm

someone should understand where am i going with this... 

arent these the same cpus just binned for a higher clock speed. do you update your bios when you overclock your cpu?

26 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

arent these the same cpus just binned for a higher clock speed. do you update your bios when you overclock your cpu?

Yes, but if they didn't release a BIOS update, then you won't take advantage of the extra clock speeds unless you OC or use PBO.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

39 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Likely so that they can keep the parts at the same price despite the increase in binning work

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Same base clocks, 100-200MHz higher boost clock. Mehhhh

Feels like AMD has to push something out to fill the gap, so they can delay launching Zen 3.

9 minutes ago, Deli said:

Same base clocks, 100-200MHz higher boost clock. Mehhhh

Feels like AMD has to push something out to fill the gap, so they can delay launching Zen 3.

i dont think these are about single core perf. i think these will be interesting when you will all core overclock them. They should overclock higher than their now x counterparts. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

7 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

i dont think these are about single core perf. i think these will be interesting when you will all core overclock them. They should overclock higher than their now x counterparts. 

Waiting for reviews. If the new XT CPU can do 4.5 - 4.6GHz all core?

Why the 3600XT only has 4.5GHz boost? Many 3600(non X) can already OC to 4.4 or 4.5GHz.

2 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

no coolers tho, weird

From Anandtech:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15854/amd-ryzen-3000-xt-cpus-zen-2-more-mhz

AMD’s announcement today also includes information about thermal solutions. The Ryzen 5 3600XT, with six cores, will come bundled with AMD’s Wraith Spire cooler. For the other two CPUs, AMD’s own press release states that the company ‘is recommending the use of an AIO solution with a minimum 280mm radiator or equivalent air cooling to experience these products at their best’. This does seem somewhat overkill for 105 W processors, especially if the package power tracking on these parts should be ~142 watts, notwithstanding any trickery that the motherboard manufacturers are doing.

The slight boost to single core turbo is neither here nor there. It will be more interesting if the many (not necessarily all core) boost is also lifted in a meaningful way. In my limited experience of two Zen 2 CPUs (3600, 3700X) I did find them rather thermally limited if you used the bundled coolers, and saw quite an improvement with either higher end air cooler or 240mm AIO. So how much are the XT CPUs due to better CPUs coming off the production line, as opposed to them pushing the clock a bit closer to the limit?

Also interesting, the 3950X doesn't get the XT treatment. I guess it is as fast as AMD can make it already? It probably has amongst the best binned dies already.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, Dellenn said:

Apparently the single core boost is less than expected.   Is a way to get a binned chip though.  I kinda wonder what they are doing for cpu coolers.  125w is pushing what a good 4 pipe cooler can comfortably do

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Waiting for reviews. If the new XT CPU can do 4.5 - 4.6GHz all core?

Why the 3600XT only has 4.5GHz boost? Many 3600(non X) can already OC to 4.4 or 4.5GHz.

single boost yeah but all core? havent seen any of them do that or get such an all core. 

If they have a better bin + increased clock speeds out of the box i think these can all core oc higher. so these could be worth it if you really cant wait for next gen. ill rather wait since its rumoured  that the 4000 series can oc higher anyway but im curious to see how the xt parts will do. 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

8 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

single boost yeah but all core? havent seen any of them do that or get such an all core. 

If they have a better bin + increased clock speeds out of the box i think these can all core oc higher. so these could be worth it if you really cant wait for next gen. ill rather wait since its rumoured  that the 4000 series can oc higher anyway but im curious to see how the xt parts will do. 

There are some reviews coming out.  Seems the favorite is the 3800xt which is more what the 3800x should have been.  3900xt becomes questionable because of zen3 and the 3600xt doesn’t have a big enough gain to do what needs to be done against the 10600

Just now, Bombastinator said:

There are some reviews coming out.  Seems the favorite is the 3800xt which is more what the 3800x should have been.  3900xt becomes questionable because of zen3 and the 3600xt doesn’t have a big enough gain to do what needs to be done against the 10600

which reviews? they release july 7th so how are there reviews now? xD

they arent made to be better than the new intel though. just to be close enough for gaming :) 

PC: 

33 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

which reviews? they release july 7th so how are there reviews now? xD

they arent made to be better than the new intel though. just to be close enough for gaming :) 

Reviews might be a strong word. “Reports of reviews having been done” or “opinions based on releases data” might be more accurate.