LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Plexas said:

Almost no work today, 4 or 5 WUs total and thats it.

Yeah been like that most of this morning myself.  Guess I just got lucky then.  Here's hoping for more server capacity in the next couple days.

Just now, Inkertus said:

Yeah been like that most of this morning myself.  Guess I just got lucky then.  Here's hoping for more server capacity in the next couple days.

LTT is working on an "on site server" for F@H. Just waiting for the work and the video to be done :)

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

Just now, Kenpachi1985 said:

LTT is working on an "on site server" for F@H. Just waiting for the work and the video to be done :)

Likewise.  Super happy to hear LTT were doing that.  I bet F@H was too.

9 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Woo 5/6 on jobs!  Are the servers getting any better on anyone else's end?

Just got several WU in a row! It seems like it's getting better 😃

1 hour ago, LordKitsune said:

oh god, I'm not gonna die to Corona virus, this black widow in my closet's gonna mess me up.

I would kill it but every time I look at it chills shoot up my spine in a way that makes me walk away. I've been bitten by a brown recluse before, I don't need to add Black Widow to my list of things survived...

black widows are very docile and almost never bite, it's actually really hard to get one to bite you.

relax and fold hard

1 minute ago, rawpoo said:

black widows are very docile and almost never bite, it's actually really hard to get one to bite you.

relax and fold hard

And if that fails, hit it with a hammer...? 

2 minutes ago, Agent-Zero said:

i like spiders so i'd say no

2 minutes ago, Agent-Zero said:

A rubber mallet should do it.  Less wall/furniture damage that way. 😛

Though if you can, try to get it into a cup or something and release it outside away from you.

Just now, Inkertus said:

A rubber mallet should do it.  Less wall/furniture damage that way. 😛

Less satisfying though? 

21 hours ago, ShortRouter said:

Task manager is shit. Use MSI afterburner or any other program that can show realtime hardware info.

cuda task manager.PNG

My GPU usage is also between 40% - 50% with my CPU maxed out. 909132547_SystemUsage.thumb.PNG.ec6ad376c67b311d846f7f775baf466f.PNG

Just now, Agent-Zero said:

Less satisfying though? 

Well if you're going for satisfaction go all the way up to a sledge or something.  Up to you duuude.

1 minute ago, noname_9990 said:

My GPU usage is also between 40% - 50% with my CPU maxed out. 909132547_SystemUsage.thumb.PNG.ec6ad376c67b311d846f7f775baf466f.PNG

Courtesy of the blue post up top:

Windows Task Manager doesn't show Cuda/Compute usage by default. Either switch one of the GPU graphs to show Cuda/Compute [Example] or use a third party GPU monitoring program

2 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Courtesy of the blue post up top:

Windows Task Manager doesn't show Cuda/Compute usage by default. Either switch one of the GPU graphs to show Cuda/Compute [ Example 73.14 kB · 0 downloads ] or use a third party GPU monitoring program

next to copy or 3D it's a little arrow.. you can select to view cuda there. 

I'm new to forums and folding at home and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I just signed up for the LTT forum and my goto user name was used so I went with Papa Linus but my user name for Folding at home is Pyrokarma both email address to both accounts are the same and Im on the Ltt folding team. I was just wondering am I doing it right? I want to do my part for the world and for the team...  but if I can get some prizes that makes this quarantine here in Kentucky a little less painful. I would appreciate any advise or feed back. I'm just a Noob trying to be part of something. Please help.    

1 hour ago, Papa Linus said:

I'm new to forums and folding at home and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I just signed up for the LTT forum and my goto user name was used so I went with Papa Linus but my user name for Folding at home is Pyrokarma both email address to both accounts are the same and Im on the Ltt folding team. I was just wondering am I doing it right? I want to do my part for the world and for the team...  but if I can get some prizes that makes this quarantine here in Kentucky a little less painful. I would appreciate any advise or feed back. I'm just a Noob trying to be part of something. Please help.    

Your reply was moved to the appropriate thread, be careful where you post, and welcome to the forum

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I got tired of waiting for a new WU at home (two hours boo) so I threw in the old client-type beta flag and immediately got four in a row. Guess I'll have to go back to doing that again.

8 minutes ago, Papa Linus said:

That's brilliant, but what you want to do is use the sign-up link here:

On 3/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15xyE-Zob2UVa3FFJfSFFZXTO19vxahDYPKeZhg9A6mk

Any reason I keep getting the following log entries ?

18:02:55:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 18.218.241.186:80
18:02:55:WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
18:02:55:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

Just now, S.T. said:

18:02:55:WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration

Read the giant blue box at the top of the page.

Can anyone help me out? I have the F@H web control up, and I downloaded the right program to start folding, but my CPU is stuck at "Ready." and my GPU is stuck at "waiting for idle" even though I have them both set to "While I'm working". If this helps I'm running it on a laptop with a 1050 mobile, and an Intel Core i7-7700HQ.

CPU.JPG

GPU.JPG

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Read the giant blue box at the top of the page.

I still some how find it amazing that people miss that... Read the damn blue box, OP and FAQ people. Literally every question asked in the last 50 pages have been answered.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, n0madicDragon said:

Can anyone help me out? I have the F@H web control up, and I downloaded the right program to start folding, but my CPU is stuck at "Ready." and my GPU is stuck at "waiting for idle" even though I have them both set to "While I'm working". If this helps I'm running it on a laptop with a 1050 mobile, and an Intel Core i7-7700HQ.

~snip~

This is because the F@H servers are being bombarded with requests for new Work Units, there isn't enough to go around.

Also your GPU won't fold unless you have the folding power setting set to at least medium or high.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I still some how find it amazing that people miss that... Read the damn blue box, OP and FAQ people. Literally every question asked in the last 50 pages have been answered.

Needs rgb circa geocities style.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

There any way to put up a big (almost) flashing sign in front of people who are about to ask those questions?  I know they probably wouldn't read it...but it would probably help with some.

5 minutes ago, S.T. said:

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂