LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

My computer was at it all night! I am trying to upload a WU for over 12 hours. Any tips?

8 hours ago, Zombified said:

You asked where am I monitoring GPU... well it was Windows Task Manager and your question made me think I should try something else.
I fired up HWMonitor to see that it's actually at 100%. 
Thanks!
Now in FAHControl under "Folding Slots" it has my CPU but it says cpu:7 which I'm assuming is threads... but for some reason isn't 8. 
According to the log it knows it's an 8 core. Not sure if this is usual or not. 
01:21:59:WU01:FS01:0x22:        CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
01:21:59:WU01:FS01:0x22:     CPU ID: GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
01:21:59:WU01:FS01:0x22:       CPUs: 8

Thats aok, because the GPU slot needs one thread of the CPU to be free and to be "feeding" the GPU with work ;) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

4 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

My computer was at it all night! I am trying to upload a WU for over 12 hours. Any tips?

Slot is sitting on "Sending" / failing to send results

There is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. Restart the client ONCE per hour (not more because this produces additional load on the servers). Let it sit and wait. There is nothing you can do on your sides besides checking that your iWeb is working. If the slot is failing to send untill it expired the work, sadly, is lost. But you will continue to get work for that slot while its trying to send the old WU.

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

Slot is sitting on "Sending" / failing to send results

Hide contents

There is a super high load on the servers right now due to massive amounts of new donors. Restart the client ONCE per hour (not more because this produces additional load on the servers). Let it sit and wait. There is nothing you can do on your sides besides checking that your iWeb is working. If the slot is failing to send untill it expired the work, sadly, is lost. But you will continue to get work for that slot while its trying to send the old WU.

Thanks, sorry should have looked myself!

Wow. PCMR has over 27,000 active users? We are with 8,5 thousand... We do get a lot more points a person but still damm. I hope after the covit-19 crisis a lot of them stay! Would be awesome!

I also hope and expect to see a big increase in users after the LTT video!

how do I find my old passkey again? just reinstalled and my memory is terrible

Good morning everyone!

I restart my PC every morning to give it a fresh boot (this proably doesn't do anything and is just a habit) and I noticed something.

In the log in the config it has:

<!-- Folding Core -->
<core-priority v='low'/>

Is this something I should (and can) be changing (to 'high' for example) - will that make any difference?

Thanks

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Well with all my personal affairs in order now I am officially in isolation. 

What precautions are you all taking to help stay safe during this epidemic? 

I'm actually looking for a job at the moment. I'm back from uni and so far my halls haven't suspended our rent and because it's covered by my student finance I'm not going to be able to claim any help. I still have to be able to afford food (at uni my food is paid for in my halls rent) etc. so it's a difficult one for me at the moment. I'd like to lock myself down at home but someone has to pay for the bills and I don't think it's right to put that burden on my parents.

11 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Issue is, are people actually going to close the pubs?

Borris said in his press conference (and was asked) and he said he's confident the public will listen to their instruction, but if they need to they can and will strictly enforce it via licensing etc.

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yes bois, they read my superchat!!!!

I manage to miss the WAN show every single week, in fact I don't know what time they schedule it each week. I end up putting it on in the background at the weekend each week.

39 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

ok so am only getting wu. for 1 gpu .. not the other nor the cpu.

My GTX 780 seems to be getting WUs fairly easily, but my GTX 980 is constantly struggling to find WU's. After a half hour or so of looking I will pause it for a minute and start it back up again. Most of the time I do this it will find a WU within a few minutes. Have you tried this at all?

im running the program but its not using my gpu (2080ti) how do i make it use it

I'm watching the WAN show now and this is fantastic support the LTT team are showing for F@H.

Thank you all!

10 hours ago, leadeater said:

But their stats pages shows this

image.png.40b7f616c64b870d91243e3a35f17bd2.png

I guess their stats on that page isn't 'accurate', damn so close to 1exaFLOP (but not really?).

Yes I noticed too. The TFLOPS total is the correct number though, Greg Bowman confirmed it in his tweet. My guess is the 958k is FP16 (half accuracy) performance, what's interesting for us is FP32 (single precision) performance.

7 minutes ago, VecnaX said:

im running the program but its not using my gpu (2080ti) how do i make it use it

If the GPU slot is showing in your client (advanced control), then you put folding power slider to "Full", click "Fold" and wait couple minutes. You should receive a GPU Work Unit fairly quickly.

14 minutes ago, NathansNonsense said:

how do I find my old passkey again? just reinstalled and my memory is terrible

You should have gotten it per mail on some point.

Cant find the mail/deleted it?

Request a new one: https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

3 minutes ago, NathansNonsense said:

does it save my stats?kinda wanna keep those

As long as you use the same username yes. 98% sure

3 minutes ago, NYCDUTCH said:

Joined the forum today once I realized LTT had a team!! Of course they do!!

And were one of the top teams!

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

As long as you use the same username yes. 98% sure

didn't work, oh well, I had to stop at some point anyway, bye

10 minutes ago, NathansNonsense said:

does it save my stats?kinda wanna keep those

You need the same name and key. Your key is in your mails if you didn't delete it...  you can also get it from an already configured client.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, NathansNonsense said:

didn't work, oh well, I had to stop at some point anyway, bye

Bruh... let us help. What didnt work?

Didnt get the passkey? Can take some time because of the high demand and stress on the servers. See the FAQ

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

You need the same name and key. Your key is in your mails if you didn't delete it...  you can also get it from an already configured client.

I think that if you request the key again with the same mail and name you will get the same key and therefore be able to still have your points. But not 100% certain on that

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

I think that if you request the key again with the same mail and name you will get the same key and therefore be able to still have your points. But not 100% certain on that

Yes you do. That is stated on Folding FAQ page in the passkey section. Just use same email and you will get your passkey resent to you.

Started folding two days ago, but didn't know there was a LTT team.

The 1,4mio points were made without a team, but as of now, I joined the LTT team.

PC is running 24/7 right now with Ryzen9 3950X and an AMD Radeon 5700XT.

Ryzen9 3950X | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT Gaming OC 8GB | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, WD RED 3TB | Seasonic Focus DX 750W | NZXT Kraken X72 with Noctua NF-A12x25 | NZXT H700

when i click on the web controle it just gives a flickering screen

10 hours ago, Favebook said:

While it is true that GPU units usually have 24 hour timeout, the other part is pure misinformation. You should read more about "Timeout" and "Expiration" HERE:

Yes, I read that and saw:

These unfinished work units “expire” and are reassigned to new machines. You will still receive credit for all WUs completed and uploaded prior to the Timeout

Which made me think that WUs uploaded AFTER the Timeout are not credited.

Even so, full credit is given up until the Deadline (formerly Final Deadline).

There is no mention of Deadline in the client, do they mean expiration?  Also, why even have the previous statement if WUs uploaded AFTER the timeout are still credit after all?  Its very confusing.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7