corona virus

Letgomyleghoe
Go to solution Solved by Letgomyleghoe,

ATTENTION: there is a covid 19 F@H event happening, you can find it HERE.

this is a good opportunity to help with research!

Message added by SansVarnic

Due to the nature of this topic, please keep cool heads and conversation On Topic.

Intentional Derailing, Political Rhetoric, or Arguing will result in removal of comments/replies and warnings issued.

The "No politics" rule will be enforced even harder. This will be last warning you get. If someone posts any political rhetoric (about parties, ideology, policy etc.), you will receive PM from moderator telling to step off the thread. As forum does not have functionality to do it better ways. If you continue to post ANYTHING after receiving PM, you will get warnings for not following staff instructions.

Posting news about what governments in your parts of world do in order to act on this crisis is fine, but will be looked case-by-case. (Updated 03/19/2020)

Remember the core values of this forum;

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

Did you just give me more homework?

......yes. You seem to be on top of everything. Just helping out.

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

Did you just give me more homework?

p.s.

That public database is an amazing collection of information. I'm surprised more people don't check it out before travelling.

It is also updated almost every day in various categories. They usually update at 10:00pm Central Arizona Time every night to some degree.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

......yes. You seem to be on top of everything. Just helping out.

It's an illusion. I'm just chasing numbers. With the multiple paths that the counts get released (official dashboards vs. the latest interview with an official or minister (and who has the latest), and then their tweets...), it's very common that the various paths do not match on their leading edge. Once we roll over into the next day, then the prior day looks good, but there are still some catch up numbers. AND, the numbers are all Detections, not onset and not the real infection rate.

The noise is interesting. From the weekend to now, the noise from researchers has gone way down. Perhaps they're busy researching now. And the counts from various sources have gone way down in frequency; I'm thinking that's intentional to still repeated reports sowing panic.

2 minutes ago, FakeCIA said:

It is also updated almost every day in various categories. They usually update at 10:00pm Central Arizona Time every night to some degree.

Did not know that. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Canoe said:

and not the real infection rate

?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/341.html#AF

The current age structure of each country. The coronavirus appears to be affecting those with already compromised immune systems and the older portion of the population.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/fields/350.html#US

Also, major urban areas based on population.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, Canoe said:

... AND, the numbers are all Detections, not onset and not the real infection rate. ...

As in, even if the numbers are accurate, they're not the real infection rate. Just the best they have based on Detections. 

That's why various studies are doing what they can to look back and determine when each early case had its Onset and then Detection, and follow the course of the disease, and try and find all transmitted contacts. When they have the genome of a case, then the chain of infection becomes much clearer. The studies I've seen are all early. But these require records and samples. And once it was recognized that Something Was Happening, the surge in case load shortly meant that record keeping was strained, to say the least. It's very much a puzzle for which it's assumed we'll never have all the pieces. The long lead-in had/has the researchers both puzzled and concerned. Now with more documented cases with long incubation periods (assumed contagious) up to 27 days (29?), some of that lead-in is tentatively explained, but no percentage numbers yet. That's part of what makes the Diamond Princess's Confirmed having half of them as asymptomatic rather interesting. One thing that turned up, is some human-to-human transmission occurring ahead of what later appears to present as zoonotic transmission attributed to the Wuhan Wet Market, which occurred hand-in-hand with human-to-human transmission.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:40 AM, FakeCIA said:

... The coronavirus appears to be affecting those with already compromised immune systems and the older portion of the population.

Largely, but with a number of exceptions becoming Severe and even Fatal.

It's too soon to know how many of those may turn out to have an undetected prior condition.

My guess is that the Italian data set will be the most valuable. But I note the influence had on their tourist market.

Edited by Canoe
add assumed contagious

1 hour ago, Canoe said:

I'm sure a large number of people here could help you get data together if you asked. I'm able to pick out details for you from the World Factbook or whatever other public sources I'm able to get a hold of.

1 minute ago, FakeCIA said:

I'm sure a large number of people here could help you get data together if you asked...

Not much point really. We' not accumulating info for research. Just reporting on and musing upon what we find.

First US case of unknown origin is in my neighborhood.

https://amp.sacbee.com/news/california/article240674471.html

Wonder how many people already have it but don't know. Wonder how long until I get it.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

28 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

First US case of unknown origin is in my neighborhood.

https://amp.sacbee.com/news/california/article240674471.html

Wonder how many people already have it but don't know. Wonder how long until I get it.

We'll start finding out once the CDC gets working test kits distributed to labs. But that's only for those that present with severe enough flu symptoms that their doctor takes a sample and forwards it to one of the five designated labs. More and more calls to allow for - free - COVID-19 screening tests upon any doctor's discretion, not just for those who have a link to China/Hubei/Wuhan. 

Waaay to early to speculate on when "you'll" get it. Technically, although unlikely, you may have had it already. Most present with mild or no symptoms. Follow the usual flu prevention advice, and check the CDC site for improved prevention suggestions.

Saw my president’s conference about the virus today. At least he says the response to the virus should be political.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

H___ S___!!!

Yesterday was 977

image.thumb.png.0dc0e18a472167b3697e268a2c30a99b.png

Guess there's more of the reason the joint exercise got cancelled/postponed. Not a time for "sharing".

3 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Im in the elk grove area? you?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

Im in the elk grove area? you?

Srry edited my post because you already posted it. I’m in San Diego county.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

H___ S___!!!

Yesterday was 977

image.thumb.png.0dc0e18a472167b3697e268a2c30a99b.png

I told you it would follow the same pattern as the DP...

China was waaaaaaaay underestimated...

Edited to add:

Sometimes I know what I'm talking about, even if I can't say how I know about it... *sigh*

Edited by Guest

In surprise news, Bigfoot have been seen leaving the coastal mountains heading east, as people head into the hills crowding their usual territories.

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

I told you it would follow the same pattern as the DP...

China was waaaaaaaay underestimated,,,

Won't be the same. DP was the crowding of infected with the uninfected, with that population served by the increasingly infected.

South Korea presents like delayed detections.

This is likely related to the huge step up in testing the 200K+ members of that church.

Just now, Canoe said:

Won't be the same. DP was the crowding of infected with the uninfected, with that population served by the increasingly infected.

DP rate fell dramatically, as people were removed from those conditions.

Huge numbers to intervene with in South Korea. Can it be done?

6 minutes ago, Canoe said:

This is likely related to the huge step up in testing the 200K+ members of that church.

Look at all the "delayed detections" on DP...

Let me just remind you that there were 3700 passengers + the crew. Remind me again how many were tested?

How many were released without being tested?

How many presented mild symptoms?

How many presented symptoms more than a week after being released?

How many among those were asymptomatic but happily shared their buggers around?

*sigh*

edited to add:

Same...  The core cluster in Korea was theChristian Sect who got infected by one of their members who came back from China.

Just for them to become contagious and share their buggers and for the head of the sect to delay on sharing the name of the members of the sect.

And there you are! You have a new cluster!

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Look at all the "delayed deterctions" on DP...

Let me just remind you that there were 3700 passengers + the crew. Remind me again how many were tested?

How many were released without being tested?

How many presented mild symptoms?

How many presented symptoms more than a week after being released?

How many among those were asymptomatic but happily shared their buggers around?

*sigh*

Well, I posted the graph of the partial tests recently.

Get the numbers and show how bad it was.

If you get the rest of the tested vs confirmed vs asymptomatic numbers, I can add those to the graph.

Edited by Canoe
get rest of numbers

Well, I posted the graph of the partial tests recently.

Get the numbers and show how bad it was.

Here we go again... Same old, same old...

edited to add:

I understand the need of numbers and to feel reassured by their sheer nature, but data is not all numbers.

Ok... I stop for tonight.

Edited by Guest

Italy showing 453 Confirmed from CSSE.

Germany 27

France still at 18

467330820_Covid-19TOP2020-02-26lateevening.thumb.png.e0181b6523a6ffe67b49cadb48582d22.png898555776_Covid-19TOP2020-02-26plusDPlateevening.thumb.png.f9609f7760ab7609356f5384a5d7b200.png

Just curious as how you would prepare for Covid19 if your government said to prepare for it?

Would you stock up on OTC cold/flu medication?

Water?

Just kinda taking a census here.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...