When is ROG rig reboot 2020? [UNOFFICIAL] [SPECULATION]

ProtijyX
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Since the competition has officially been announced, there's no longer need for this thread. Please use the official thread for further discussion.

2 hours ago, stevewantsagamingpc said:

i dont evn get pocket money and if i ask my parents if i can build a gaming pc . they wud tell me to piss of.🤣

That is not on us them.

Get a job if you're old enough for that, mowing lawns, paper rounds, etc.

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

That is not on us.

Get a job if you're old enough for that, mowing lawns, paper rounds, etc.

ill try man . heck i dont even think ill get paid but ill try.

44 minutes ago, stevewantsagamingpc said:

@lewdicrousguess i have to give up on my dreams of esports domination :(

Chances of winning are lower than chances of getting paid for some tasks adults are too lazy to do themselves. Like painting (the way Linus earned money before working at pharmacy or NCIX), paying to you half of what paying professional is already cheaper. Just don't get on anything higher than 2m tall ladder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Can people from middle east or anywhere in the world upload a video

Im just curious,if so, i might as well give a try..

Edited by LogicalDrm

1. There is no confirmation if it is going ahead.

2. Last year I'm pretty sure a few regions were banned.

22 minutes ago, GamingWithNairooz said:

Can people from middle east or anywhere in the world upload a video

Im just curious,if so, i might as well give a try..

Last year they allowed one contestant outside of NA. But as said, there's still pandemic going on and the contest has not been announced yet.

Whether your country is allowed to participate depends on what kind of gambling laws there are. Like if your country requires more than just competition rules being in certain style, it might not be allowed. We don't know your laws, so I recommend you do the reading yourself. Countries excluded last time:

Countries Excluded: Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

You know, what could be done:

Have several tech people who are already within Langley/Surrey, or Metro Vancouver actually do the builds, and then have the builds shipped and/or donated to people who would have otherwise had to come here. You could even make it more interesting by making it a "remote hands" process where the builder has to follow the instructions of the winner like in a call-in show and the remote hands person can only do the steps if remote person or Linus prompts them to. It would also make things a bit more fun and less time consuming by having someone with experience actually doing the build so Linus could explain what's going on.

On 6/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, lewdicrous said:

Tens of thousands of people sign-up for competitions/giveaways like these, they won't give it to someone just cause they asked nicely.

Or 3.5k like in 2019

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

On 7/22/2020 at 12:45 AM, Kisai said:

You know, what could be done:

Have several tech people who are already within Langley/Surrey, or Metro Vancouver actually do the builds, and then have the builds shipped and/or donated to people who would have otherwise had to come here. You could even make it more interesting by making it a "remote hands" process where the builder has to follow the instructions of the winner like in a call-in show and the remote hands person can only do the steps if remote person or Linus prompts them to. It would also make things a bit more fun and less time consuming by having someone with experience actually doing the build so Linus could explain what's going on.

Twitch plays ROG Reboot. 

Honestly I would volunteer for that. Maybe then I can learn how to cable manage properly. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

• 2 weeks later...

Im just wondering if ROG Rig reboot is still happening? I know it may not because of covid so im just wondering.

6 hours ago, Spencer.Schumacher said:

Im just wondering if ROG Rig reboot is still happening? I know it may not because of covid so im just wondering.

Merged to megathread. Please use ANY search before posting. This thread is first result from Google.

To question. There has been no announcement made. Usually the announcement has been made around LTX which was supposed to be a week ago. Read FAQ for more information.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey Linus I been watching your channel for the amazing stuff that you make it on your channel and ya I do love it 😄💖💕💕💖😄 but after watching the ROG Rig Reboots I was like yeah man this is something really cool one, in spite of being not in Canada I have been watching you from India and I don't know what is going to happen whether you are going to think what shit this boy is been writing off but I just want to say that I want to join that ROG Rig Reboot whether you hold it in 2020 or 2021 I wanna apply for both as per keep trying. And ya I have a Question to buying motherboards, i.e. which motherboard should I choose if i am building a budget build of $900 ? Thee are the following on my list:

1. Asus ROG Strix B450 E

2. Asus ROG Strix B450 F

3. MSI B450 Pro

I am just confused and also thinking which one to choose.

I would be very thankful for your support 

I doubt ROG Rig Reboot will take place this year.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

6 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

I doubt ROG Rig Reboot will take place this year.

Yup

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

18 hours ago, Adyan_10 said:

Hey Linus I been watching your channel for the amazing stuff that you make it on your channel and ya I do love it 😄💖💕💕💖😄

Merged to megathread. Please search before posting. If you want suggestions about motherboards, please post to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory subforum. If you want suggestions for new build, please post to New Builds and Planning subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I have an old laptop which is from 2007 and i bought it with a price tag of 850$ around 2009 with a pentium Dual CPU T2370@1.73GHz and 2GB DDR2 RAM with windows 7 pro 32 bit pre-installed. The monitor is 720p and has 60Hz refresh rate. It does not have a dedicated graphics but has integrated graphics of upto 358MB. This laptop was made for business. It used to game in 2010 and the experience was pretty good. I use this for my online classes for now. I hope i get something that can last a decade or else this 2007 laptop has to stick with me for another decade.

1 minute ago, LEGENDARY PAVAN said:

I have an old laptop which is from 2007 and i bought it with a price tag of 850$ around 2009 with a pentium Dual CPU T2370@1.73GHz and 2GB DDR2 RAM with windows 7 pro 32 bit pre-installed. The monitor is 720p and has 60Hz refresh rate. It does not have a dedicated graphics but has integrated graphics of upto 358MB. This laptop was made for business. It used to game in 2010 and the experience was pretty good. I use this for my online classes for now. I hope i get something that can last a decade or else this 2007 laptop has to stick with me for another decade.

This thread is for speculation and questions about the giveaway. This is NOT the correct place for entries if and when giveaway is held. The info about how to enter will be in announcement when it's made.

Asking for free stuff on forums is against our rules. If you want recommendations for building or buying, please post your own thread to correct subforum.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

are there any updates on the competition?

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

3 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

No. It's usually announced when all parties involved know what's going on.

56 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

Nope. Keep following LMG social media and WAN Shows.

Personally I think they should make announcement about moving this to next spring or just next year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/17/2020 at 12:27 AM, Adyan_10 said:

Hey Linus I been watching your channel for the amazing stuff that you make it on your channel and ya I do love it 😄💖💕💕💖😄 but after watching the ROG Rig Reboots I was like yeah man this is something really cool one, in spite of being not in Canada I have been watching you from India and I don't know what is going to happen whether you are going to think what shit this boy is been writing off but I just want to say that I want to join that ROG Rig Reboot whether you hold it in 2020 or 2021 I wanna apply for both as per keep trying. And ya I have a Question to buying motherboards, i.e. which motherboard should I choose if i am building a budget build of $900 ? Thee are the following on my list:

1. Asus ROG Strix B450 E

2. Asus ROG Strix B450 F

3. MSI B450 Pro

I am just confused and also thinking which one to choose.

I would be very thankful for your support 

Same Thing is Happening with me. Being in India.  

On 8/17/2020 at 12:36 AM, Drama Lama said:

Yup

I think it will be held online.

rog rig reboot link of 2019 is open!!?!

why isnt the link closed?

try opening and checking the link pls....I want to know is it like that only for me or everyone?

yup still shows 72 days left!

image.thumb.png.faf3390b9622e9f8d87d0285ddf520fa.png

so....anybody have any Idea why?

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

3 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

so....anybody have any Idea why?

Probably a bug, but no harm trying what happens? Also merged with megathread. Because a) there's little to no reason creating thread for this, b) you posted 3 posts instead of one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 8/26/2020 at 11:24 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Nope. Keep following LMG social media and WAN Shows.

Personally I think they should make announcement about moving this to next spring or just next year.

Yeah, with the travel restrictions into Canada and whatnot...just like LTX2020 got cancelled for this year, hold off on ROG Reboot til 2021 too...just my opinion.