Diablo 4 Announced !!!

Rakanoth
1 minute ago, TheNamelessOne said:

So standing up for human rights is wrong.

Got it.

Do it on your own platform

Its a gaming platform isn't it?keep it about gaming?

But hey let's go your direction

And make every gaming event human rights/political/etc

Watch viewers drop

People don't watch for that shit 

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Do it on your own platform

Its a gaming platform isn't it?keep it about gaming?

But hey let's go your direction

And make every gaming event human rights/political/etc

Watch viewers drop

People don't watch for that shit 

Someone already pointed this out, but I'm going to mention it again because either you didn't see it or you don't want to accept it because you realized accepting it would mean invalidating your whole argument.

Their games are already political. You can not say keep politics out of gaming when Blizzard themselves have their own political agenda implemented in their games. You can try to deny it, but it will just show that you know it's true and refuse to acknowledge it because you won't have anything to stand on anymore if you do admit it.

On 11/2/2019 at 11:02 PM, WereCatf said:

I did quite like Diablo II back during the stone ages and I think Diablo 4 looks interesting. I'll check reviews once it gets released to see if it's worth buying.

Yeah, D2 LOD was great... D3 was disapointing on release but pretty good 2+ years later after they broke a ton of promises and missed deadlines. 

Replay-ability was pretty average though with most content driven by seasons and was a massive boring grind-fest.

19 minutes ago, TheNamelessOne said:

Someone already pointed this out, but I'm going to mention it again because either you didn't see it or you don't want to accept it because you realized accepting it would mean invalidating your whole argument.

Their games are already political. You can not say keep politics out of gaming when Blizzard themselves have their own political agenda implemented in their games. You can try to deny it, but it will just show that you know it's true and refuse to acknowledge it because you won't have anything to stand on anymore if you do admit it.

where

oh their agenda they choose on their platform

just like any other site/forum/game/etc

16 minutes ago, pas008 said:

where

Their company motto is something along the lines of "everyone gets a voice". 

If they were apolitical from day one and then banned the guy for being overtly political, that'd be one thing. But they are a very vocal company all about inclusivity and making a difference™ but the moment someone says something that potentially impacts their bottom line they clam up and forget about their claimed morals. 

And before you say it, obviously it's their platform and their business and they can do what they want. But that doesn't mean that it isn't massively hypocritical, immoral, and worthy of scrutiny. 

5 minutes ago, Waffles13 said:

Their company motto is something along the lines of "everyone gets a voice". 

If they were apolitical from day one and then banned the guy for being overtly political, that'd be one thing. But they are a very vocal company all about inclusivity and making a difference™ but the moment someone says something that potentially impacts their bottom line they clam up and forget about their claimed morals. 

And before you say it, obviously it's their platform and their business and they can do what they want. But that doesn't mean that it isn't massively hypocritical, immoral, and worthy of scrutiny. 

blitzchung knew it was wrong

https://www.pcgamer.com/suspended-hearthstone-grandmaster-blitzchung-responds-to-blizzards-statement/

the casters even knew ducking away

Let's be honest here, Blizzard doesn't give two shits about the "West" anymore as the gaming market in China alone dwarfs everywhere else combined so they will NEVER denounce China and will continue to strike down anyone who might hurt their chances there. That is literally WHY they did the whole "well you all have a smartphone" thing, they want to capitalize on developing countries where phones are prevalent but PCs aren't like India. It's their right to decide if they want to die on that hill so I say let them if that's what they choose and stop giving them money if you don't like their practices.

7 hours ago, pas008 said:

Haha

Blizzcon looked pretty full

Its a gaming platform not political one

Vague enough that the casters and blitzchung knew it was wrong

Maybe if you got your head out of your ass for once you would see that

Why are we talking about Blizzcon again? I was under the impression that the blitzchung incident happened before Blizzcon. Are you sure you have your dates right?

Nobody is doubting that it was wrong. But you still fail to see why people were mad in the first place.

This will come back to bite Blizzard back, with their Diablo Immortal fiasco and other things snowballing up. Diablo 4 better be really good (looking at how Blizzard has done in the past year or so, diablo 4 is going to be mediocre at best)

1 minute ago, realpetertdm said:

Why are we talking about Blizzcon again? I was under the impression that the blitzchung incident happened before Blizzcon. Are you sure you have your dates right?

Nobody is doubting that it was wrong. But you still fail to see why people were mad in the first place.

This will come back to bite Blizzard back, with their Diablo Immortal fiasco and other things snowballing up. Diablo 4 better be really good (looking at how Blizzard has done in the past year or so, diablo 4 is going to be mediocre at best)

because this happened a month before  blizzcon and it was still packed that logic isnt hard lol

obviously people understand that no need for that shit on a gaming platform

bite blizz back ow2 already has people ready for that too

and fyi diablo immortal will be a game i'll play considering I will check out the storyline

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

because this happened a month before  blizzcon and it was still packed that logic isnt hard lol

obviously people understand that no need for that shit on a gaming platform

bite blizz back ow2 already has people ready for that too

and fyi diablo immortal will be a game i'll play considering I will check out the storyline

No need for politics in gaming, okay you've said this a thousand times. At this point I don't think you're even reading my comments but ok mate you do you. Spamming a sentence doesn't make it have any more value.

I don't think people interested in Diablo will be interested in a co-op FPS (which looks strikingly similar to TF2's MVM).

5 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

No need for politics in gaming, okay you've said this a thousand times. At this point I don't think you're even reading my comments but ok mate you do you. Spamming a sentence doesn't make it have any more value.

I don't think people interested in Diablo will be interested in a co-op FPS (which looks strikingly similar to TF2's MVM).

but its the point you said bite blizzard

which ow2 and d4 have people all interested even with this blitzchung thing and the so called i'm offended about everything groupies

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

where

like some of their characters being LGBT. also if you think blizzard's decision is only about rules not politics also you should look at this

Source: Weibo

We express our strong indignation [or resentment] and condemnation of the events that occurred in the Hearthstone Asia Pacific competition last weekend and absolutely oppose the dissemination of personal political ideas during any events [or games]. The players involved will be banned, and the commentators involved will be immediately terminated from any official business. Also, we will protect [or safeguard] our national dignity [or honor].

from the official hearthstone weibo account. sure the first part just seem like a general company announcement but the "Also, we will protect [or safeguard] our national dignity [or honor]." is rather odd dont you think?

56 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

like some of their characters being LGBT. also if you think blizzard's decision is only about rules not politics also you should look at this

Source: Weibo

from the official hearthstone weibo account. sure the first part just seem like a general company announcement but the "Also, we will protect [or safeguard] our national dignity [or honor]." is rather odd dont you think?

Their platform

Their agenda

You boycotting all the other businesses that do the same?

Its everywhere lol

6 hours ago, pas008 said:

but its the point you said bite blizzard

which ow2 and d4 have people all interested even with this blitzchung thing and the so called i'm offended about everything groupies

Apparently the news about protestors @ Blizzcon flew past your head? Also people cheering at a conference doesn't mean that game will be a success, or will have people interested post-launch.

Effects of an incident aren't instant. It can take months, or years for the incident to finally snowball and come back.

Can you please write in better English? Not that I'm trying to be a grammar prick, but commas and periods exist.

Is this open world or instances? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

- Thread Cleaned -

Personal attacks and abusive behaviour towards other members will not be tolerated.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I am surprised this thread is still open because it devolved into a politics discussion

I've never been into Blizzard games myself, don't really play nor like anything they made but hey it's a popular franchise, if it makes people happy it's getting a whole new game then good for them.

I don't think that Blizzard issues regarding their submission to the Chinese government should matter to normal folk just looking for a game to play, life can be simpler without pointless political crusades everywhere and about everything.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

47 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

I've never been into Blizzard games myself, don't really play nor like anything they made but hey it's a popular franchise, if it makes people happy it's getting a whole new game then good for them.

I don't think that Blizzard issues regarding their submission to the Chinese government should matter to normal folk just looking for a game to play, life can be simpler without pointless political crusades everywhere and about everything.

i disagree. you have to draw the line somewhere and maybe this isnt the line for most people and i respect that but unless people want to release companies of all ethical responsibility they should stand up for what they believe even if that means missing out on something they wanted. despite what you say there's probably something that blizzard can do that makes you stop buying their games and that is your line

On 11/2/2019 at 5:00 AM, JuztBe said:

Not even Blizzard Soon TM. So likely 2-4 years till release.

They did say they were about to show the trailer last year but pulled it of at the last minute. So if we go with D3 release it should be 2 years. They did had playable demo on the floor so we could play which happened about 1 year before release on D3. So i'm betting on 2 years, 3 at most

On 11/2/2019 at 11:06 AM, Yebi said:

I just hope offline-only is a viable way to play. Huge fan of the genre and franchise, huge hater of multiplayer :D

There's a reason I still haven't played D3.

On 11/2/2019 at 3:11 PM, kpluck said:

I think you are going to have to… (https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-offline-mode/)

Figures.  Guess I'll stick with 1 & 2 if I want my Diablo fix.

The issue is, these games are worthless without the servers to log in to.  Blizzard won't exist forever (especially if they keep going like they have been), and even if they don't shut down, there's no guarantee they'll keep the servers on if the game isn't profitable anymore.  On top of that, I don't like the thought of potentially getting server disconnects while I'm playing solo.  Just like Fallout 76 and Diablo 3, this is a hard pass for me.

16 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i disagree. you have to draw the line somewhere and maybe this isnt the line for most people and i respect that but unless people want to release companies of all ethical responsibility they should stand up for what they believe even if that means missing out on something they wanted. despite what you say there's probably something that blizzard can do that makes you stop buying their games and that is your line

yes stand up for it

but calling them a hypocrite while supporting other companies doing same thing is same thing? irony isnt it

many other companies do worse and are you protesting whats ethically right there?foxconn nike etc etc

we could go into many avenues on this

but on topic looks to have soj that gives plus 1 to ranks instead of d2's skills and mounts

24 minutes ago, Tegos said:

Seriously, which one is it?

seriously what dont you understand

their platform their agenda on certain things

happens everywhere

cnn, foxnews, espn, nbc,

even on techsites, intel this, amd that, nvidia hit me with a wiffle ball bat

16 minutes ago, pas008 said:

yes stand up for it

but calling them a hypocrite while supporting other companies doing same thing is same thing? irony isnt it

many other companies do worse and are you protesting whats ethically right there?foxconn nike etc etc

we could go into many avenues on this

but on topic looks to have soj that gives plus 1 to ranks instead of d2's skills and mounts

i dont understand this viewpoint that unless you are protesting everything thats wrong in the world at once you are a hypocrite and shouldnt be protesting. i think the saying goes dont let the perfect be the enemy of the good.