Diablo 4 Announced !!!

Rakanoth

because diablo 3 was good

/s

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

I played Diablo or Diablo 2 back then and it was fun. Not sure about this one.

you played diablo 3 right? back to path of exile

Finally!

But given Blizzard's recent actions, i'm not buying anything from them for the foreseable future

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

9 minutes ago, RelativeMono said:

you played diablo 3 right? back to path of exile

No I never did.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

55 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Lol

They punished a player for violating their rules

Was premeditated and blitzchung even stated he knew it was wrong

We don't need politics or other shit brought into gaming platforms

Happy they cracked down

Keep gaming about gaming

I agree, it's counter productive for us to get political. Best avoided.

Still the question remains... would somebody have also been banned for saying "Bernie for President" because they got political.

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

Lol

Happy they cracked down

Keep gaming about gaming

their rules are bullshit

politics have always been "inside" gaming

not a reason to ban people, the ONLY reason you should ever bad someone from your game is for cheating, PERIOD

Who cares?

Blizzard ruined the series with the third installment already.

The art style and rainbow colored everything aesthetic while utilizing the wow engine was a terrible half assed choice. Then you throw in the paid elements and it was a colossal turd.

I think the only classic series that they have yet to ruin is Starcraft. I wonder how long that will take at the rate blizzard has been going... I supposed they tried with "ghost" but someone put an end to that before release.

1 hour ago, RelativeMono said:

their rules are bullshit

not a reason to ban people, the ONLY reason you should ever bad someone from your game is for cheating, PERIOD

Nah, companies should also ban players for sustained toxic behaviour (harassment, threats, clear bigotry).  And in esports, I think it's entirely fair to ban a player if their behaviour outside the game is particularly egregious, including the toxicity above as well as committing serious crimes (violence, theft, drug dealing, that sort of thing).  I don't think Blizzard should have banned that player for voicing support for Hong Kong, but cheating isn't the only thing that can tarnish a sport's reputation.

1 hour ago, RelativeMono said:

their rules are bullshit

Lol

Forums

Social media

Websites

Physical sports 

Etc

Ban for many reasons with rules many don't like and you don't have free speech on all those platforms too

Let the platform be about the platform 

Quit getting your panties in a bunch

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

Still the question remains... would somebody have also been banned for saying "Bernie for President" because they got political.

We will see if this rings true 

But that's if players are risky enough

1 minute ago, kpluck said:

I think you are going to have to… (https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-offline-mode/)

-kp

Haha, yeah, worth the wait though.

At least it will actually come out, unlike some things....*cough*StarCitizen*cough*

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

Blizzard themselves constantly bring up LBGT related topics in relation to their games and their characters. 

To be clear, I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that if it's what the company wants to do, but regardless of how you feel about the topic it is a highly politicized issue. If their policy is "no politics" then they are already picking and choosing what politically charged topics are kosher in their book, and which ones are off limits. 

2 hours ago, RelativeMono said:

their rules are bullshit

It's their gaming tournament and they don't want people to use it as a political platform and that is their right. Why can't they have rules against people highjacking the tournaments stream and start talking about politics? I still find this idea just so baffling. 

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Shit, I won't buy anything from Blizzard until they publicly denounce the Chinese government for being what it is.

So that's never gonna happen. Good thing they don't make anything I'm very interested in.

Can we also start denouncing US gov and their allies for being what they are?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

I. Can't. Fucking. Wait.

That game is going to be so much fun. The verticality of the levels is a nice touch.

im super excited.  it looks like they are going back to the dark and gritty feel of Diablo 2, and the skill system for Diablo 2. with the updated graphics and gameplay that is in Diablo 3. and the PvP features that were promised in Diablo 3.

This is going to be what Diablo 3 SHOULD have been and it looks fantastic.

and before people ask, no, the events in hong kong are not affecting my purchasing decisions.  while i think what they did sucks, i understand it. and individuals choosing not to purchase stuff will have little effect on their decisions for stuff like this going forward. its their advertisers that need to start pulling away.   dont just choose not to play a good game, go pressure their advertisers to drop them.  that is how you make actual change that has a real affect on them.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

9 hours ago, pas008 said:

Lol

Happy they cracked down

Keep gaming about gaming

So political statement after match = 1 year ban (essentially end of career for esports players) and taking all of the cash money & banning the casters too? Yeah ok man I'm also happy that blitzchung's career was almost ruined and the casters lost their jobs :)

I loved the original.  Barely played the 2nd, but enjoyed it when I did.  Got 3 and got bored almost instantly.  Because of 3, I probably won't bother with this one.

Still love HotS though, even if they don't consider it a developmental priority anymore.  Still lots of players and still new content coming out and doesn't require a subscription or more time playing than a full time job in order to do everything in it.

9 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

So political statement after match = 1 year ban (essentially end of career for esports players) and taking all of the cash money & banning the casters too? Yeah ok man I'm also happy that blitzchung's career was almost ruined and the casters lost their jobs :)

He knew it was wrong

And casters could have prevented it

Hence them ducking away

Lol

Do things you know are wrong suffer the consequences

10 minutes ago, pas008 said:

He knew it was wrong

Hence them ducking away

Lol

Yeah 24601 knew that stealing a loaf of bread was wrong, Jean Valjean totally deserved the 19 years of imprisonment for his henious crimes!

Yes, what blitzchung did was (technically) against the rules and he should be punished. But was a 1 year comp ban justified? A 1 year ban can significantly affect a pro esports player's career. It's even worse for the casters, since they've effectively lost their entire career as casters (see WAN show).

You seem to think that people are mad because blitzchung got punished, but this isn't true. What you don't understand is why people are mad at this - not because Blizzard inflicted punishments but because the punishments were by many peoples' standards completely over the top and unjustified. Blizzard's stupid and rather one sided decisions are what's causing people to delete their accounts and boycott Blizzard titles such as Diablo.

"Do bad thing be punished" is an incredibly one-dimensional and simple take on this issue and disregards many fine details such as the above.

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

im super excited.  it looks like they are going back to the dark and gritty feel of Diablo 2, and the skill system for Diablo 2. with the updated graphics and gameplay that is in Diablo 3. and the PvP features that were promised in Diablo 3.

This is going to be what Diablo 3 SHOULD have been and it looks fantastic.

and before people ask, no, the events in hong kong are not affecting my purchasing decisions.  while i think what they did sucks, i understand it. and individuals choosing not to purchase stuff will have little effect on their decisions for stuff like this going forward. its their advertisers that need to start pulling away.   dont just choose not to play a good game, go pressure their advertisers to drop them.  that is how you make actual change that has a real affect on them.

Yeah definitely, they even stated that they're going to try and make it gorier than the previous ones. Which, frankly, will be quite the feat.

I don't really see how the PVP mode will work, but I guess that remains to be seen.

Hah, by the time the game actually comes out we'll get to see more of their true feelings about that by their actions. They've apologized, and unlike most people I'll take it at face value and base what they really meant on their actions going forward. China is indeed a problem, but it's going to require a lot more than a game company to change. likely armed conflict

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, realpetertdm said:

Yeah 24601 knew that stealing a loaf of bread was wrong, Jean Valjean totally deserved the 19 years of imprisonment for his henious crimes!

Yes, what blitzchung did was (technically) against the rules and he should be punished. But was a 1 year comp ban justified? A 1 year ban can significantly affect a pro esports player's career. It's even worse for the casters, since they've effectively lost their entire career as casters (see WAN show).

You seem to think that people are mad because blitzchung got punished, but this isn't true. What you don't understand is why people are mad at this - not because Blizzard inflicted punishments but because the punishments were by many peoples' standards completely over the top and unjustified. Blizzard's stupid and rather one sided decisions are what's causing people to delete their accounts and boycott Blizzard titles such as Diablo.

"Do bad thing be punished" is an incredibly one-dimensional and simple take on this issue and disregards many fine details such as the above.

That's why they changed it 

First time they had to deal with something like so

You think you get everything right the first time?

Quit crying 

And the casters they deserve more because the could have prevented it and they solely worked for who?

Exactly

Blizzcon was looking pretty full along with many in support 

People tried to make it free speech crap

But its not free speech platform its blizzards GAMING platform

And on topic I'll be playing d4 and many real life friends will be too

Looks like could be step in right direction

Runewords back and skill trees which was nice about d2 just hope they can keep it away from d3

D3 was Crap but did play until auction house  ended

D2 was awesome though

11 hours ago, pas008 said:

Lol

Forums

Social media

Websites

Physical sports 

Etc

Ban for many reasons with rules many don't like and you don't have free speech on all those platforms too

Let the platform be about the platform 

Quit getting your panties in a bunch

ill get my boxers* in a bunch all i want about STUPID ASS PEOPLE GIVING STUPID ASS BANS idgaf if its their platform

they also get the change ip and make spam accounts treatment too 

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

That's why they changed it 

First time they had to deal with something like so

You think you get everything right the first time?

Quit crying 

And the casters they deserve more because the could have prevented it and they solely worked for who?

Exactly

Blizzcon was looking pretty full along with many in support 

People tried to make it free speech crap

But its not free speech platform its blizzards GAMING platform

And on topic I'll be playing d4 and many real life friends will be too

Looks like could be step in right direction

Runewords back and skill trees which was nice about d2 just hope they can keep it away from d3

D3 was Crap but did play until auction house  ended

D2 was awesome though

Changing something doesn't make the problem go away - that Blizzard is biased towards China. That problem is still there.

"Ah it was just a mistake y0u get tHingS riGhT fIrSt tImE st0p cRyInG"

Good argument mate.

Wait, we were talking about Blizzcon? I didn't know the blitzchung thing happened yesterday!

"Casters deserve to be absolutely fucked over because of a vauge rule that doesn't even fucking lay things out clearly" you heard it here folks.

Yeah it's Blizzard's platform. So? Blizzard can do whatever they want, and people can piss on them for being assholes.

God forbid someone make a political statement, it's not like games themselves are political right?

Also on topic how's that Diablo Immortal comin?

18 hours ago, pas008 said:

He knew it was wrong

Hence them ducking away

Lol

So standing up for human rights is wrong.

Got it.