Invention Seals Gunshot Wound In 15 Seconds

PillowSmoke

xstat.jpg

I have watched “The Lone Survivor” and cringe at the way the brave men in the movie are willing to jump down a cliff, equipment and all, just to avoid capture and possible torture with the very real possibility of a beheading, hurting themselves a whole lot in the process. At least these are self-inflicted wounds, and it buys them some time from the Taliban insurgents.

Not only that, the various bullet wounds that then small band of brothers received were not treated on the spot – if only there was an invention which could help seal up those bullet wounds in a jiffy. Thankfully, the future on the battlefield might change for the better if a group of veteran medics and scientists are successful with their latest invention – a syringe which is filled with tiny sponges that are capable of stopping the bleeding in gunshot wounds, doing it in a jiffy and with far more effectiveness compared to any other modern method. Looking to Fix-A-Flat foam that was used for instant tire repair, RevMedx intends to come up with something similar for wounds, allowing it to soak up all the existing bleeding as well as to prevent additional bleeding.

RevMedx was granted $5 million by the U.S. Army in order to come up with this potentially life saving device in the future. Administrating such sponges into the body would require a syringe which injects the tiny pieces of sponge directly into the wound, and it is currently awaiting FDA approval.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

this is pretty damn cool. not sure if i would want to test it though haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So did they shoot someone to prove it works?

This.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Pretty amazing. Maybe use it as a tampon. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

This.

Probably pigs. They're the closest for ballistics tests.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Pretty amazing. Maybe use it as a tampon. 

rofl i was thinking dildo

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Oh look, Mass Effect Medigel.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Or used them as a medical test in the field in the middle east?

'Murica

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

this is pretty damn cool. not sure if i would want to test it though haha

ethics always holds back medical and scientific advancement.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Greed holds back a lot more than ethics. Which could be seen as a lack of ethics.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Greed holds back a lot more than ethics. Which could be seen as a lack of ethics.

I would say greed pushes scientific advancement all the time. but as it stands: Touche.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I would say greed pushes scientific advancement all the time. but as it stands: Touche.

It does and it doesn't. It pushes it in directions that profit.

If everyone worked together instead of suing each other, I'm pretty sure we could have space flight in a fraction of the time.

The main thin that I think of when I think of retarding advancement; patents that they intentionally file, and then don't use. Just so no one else can.

I see that as the hugest misstep. A patent should have 5 years to be acted on, and it it's not then it should be considered null.

Depending on various factors of course.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

It does and it doesn't. It pushes it in directions that profit.

If everyone worked together instead of suing each other, I'm pretty sure we could have space flight in a fraction of the time.

The main thin that I think of when I think of retarding advancement; patents that they intentionally file, and then don't use. Just so no one else can.

I see that as the hugest misstep. A patent should have 5 years to be acted on, and it it's not then it should be considered null.

Depending on various factors of course.

I thought in order to hold a patent you had to make the details of the patent open to the public so someone of "ordinary skill in the art" could reproduce the patent and create a working model.  This would mean that all patents can be advanced upon by anyone at anytime regardless of whether the patent item is in public production/use.

I thought in order to hold a patent you had to make the details of the patent open to the public so someone of "ordinary skill in the art" could reproduce the patent and create a working model.  This would mean that all patents can be advanced upon by anyone at anytime regardless of whether the patent item is in public production/use.

Depends what it is I believe. For example Apple holds numerous patents that it never intents to act upon, and I don't believe anyone else can either unless they agree (and want) a royalty agreement of some kind.

Canon also has advances in camera technology that they haven't bothered releasing because they hold a majority of the market anyway, and they can sit on it for a bit. Different matter, but still.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Depends what it is I believe. For example Apple holds numerous patents that it never intents to act upon, and I don't believe anyone else can either unless they agree (and want) a royalty agreement of some kind.

Canon also has advances in camera technology that they haven't bothered releasing because they hold a majority of the market anyway, and they can sit on it for a bit. Different matter, but still.

I see what you are saying, but I don't think it technically stops advancement, it just stop consumers from using it.  If I wanted to I could search for the apple and canon patents, get the information and have researches build me something better. Thus advancement still occurs just not in realms of the consumer.

EDIT: Although I wonder how the oil giants go with all their supposed patents for electric cars that have been allegedly shelved?

Animals...like Circus Pigs for a weird example. For their think skins  :/

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I would hate to live in a world, where unethical medical experimentation is considered normal.

So...how many times can you use it?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I would hate to live in a world, where unethical medical experimentation is considered normal.

Not to derail the thread, but we do live in that world. Watch the documentary "Earthlings".

If you were to be shot in the ass, it looks like the perfect tool to deal with that situation.

If the medic says "bend over" i'd rather bleed to death. Concidering the size xD

On a serious note it's really cool :) And might even turn into a "biofoam" thing like in halo that can bind wounds and stop the bleeding.
Like this

And as militairy medical tech tends to slowly make it's way into the hands of civilians and hospital staff it may help save more lives :)

If the ambulance can make it to the scene of an accident and stop major bleeding almost immediately that's going to make one helluva difference.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"