The Craziest computer hardware you can think of

GramKracker00

Why would it?

I know it isn't real but if such a card was real then what is the point it taking up that many PCI-e brackets?

well it has 5 gpus so things like exhaust vents and video outputs

Intel edison

I thought so, too. It's amazing how far we have come. Especially, if you compare it to the first mass market PCs from the 80s and early 90s. Gives me more reason to believe that in about 10 or 20 years from now all we need is a small all in one device. No more pointless PC vs console debates, since there won't be a difference anymore. Can't wait. 

To put it in perspective ... in about 1987, our first PC was a prototype of this beast:

Computer-Robotron-A-5120-745x559-d3b53a8

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

A router that allows you to access your own WiFi within 5 miles.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Has anyome mentioned Rambus DRAM for P4 computers. I actually ran into the stuff last year and it was cheaper to swap out the motherboard and use DDR than finding the stuff.

Has anyome mentioned Rambus DRAM for P4 computers. I actually ran into the stuff last year and it was cheaper to swap out the motherboard and use DDR than finding the stuff.

That stuff was ridiculous. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

a usb butt plug that can use the energy from your butt to charge a phone  :mellow:

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

That stuff was ridiculous.

Lol I pulled it out and im like whats this...

I have such a crappy old PC with that stuff. thought I could put that stuff into another pc. Learned my lesson when I fried 8 PCs trying to put that shit in. Man, was I as damn stupid as ever.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4338-iphone-6-release-date-2013-5s-featu

This was what the iphone 5 was supposed to be like aparently

but damnit I want the iphone 6 to do this. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I have such a crappy old PC with that stuff. thought I could put that stuff into another pc. Learned my lesson when I fried 8 PCs trying to put that shit in. Man, was I as damn stupid as ever.

umm I dont know what to say to this...

umm I dont know what to say to this...

Yeah, it was when I was 8 or so, so it was complete bullshit doing that at an early age.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, it was when I was 8 or so, so it was complete bullshit doing that at an early age.

Oh I should point out though that only the highest end first gen P4's had that as a option.

Damn I cant find that 16,000 Dollar PC on ebay, but anyways its looks ugly, the ugliest watercooling ive ever seen.

-(LOL) EVGA R9 290X that runs at 2500/9500 @ 0.9v and runs cool @ 5c on max oc.

-x5 4k on portrait mode. (4,000x4,000) instead of the usual 4k.

-amd fx8350 @ 6.3Ghz @ 1.35v @ 30c idle/ 60c 100% stress test load. (lol this would be gold then).

-a x8 250mm rad long with 100 fpi.

-30mm fan that can output 10,000 mm/h20 @ 50 rpm.

-dual xeon with 15core/30thread. with 384gb ram 1866 ecc, x8 samsung evo 1tb raid 0, 50tb raid 1 wd red. 100tb raid 10 storage. total cost if you buy were for 50$ us dollar.

Things would be awesome.

-toilet bowl with the flush button inside the hole where you poop or pee.

-Iron with the handle heating instead (for ironing clothes).

-cigarette that never runs out. (infinite).

-MONEY TREE (every one would love these if they exist sadly they don't).

I would have an i7 with 128 cores and running at 500,000GHz. Then my resolution would be 900000000x9000000000. I would have a swimming pool as my water cooler, my display would be 100 yards long. Then, I would have all of this information narrated by Morgan Freeman :)

you sir gave me an idea about the swimming pool xD. I got a jaccuzi outside my house lol maybe I should try using it as a reservoir. would be awesome if nothing breaks imo. (probably replace water with distilled.

Or a new socket design from amd lol

would be awesome if they do that instead of the usual AM socket.

Live your life like a dream.

How about a build in a define r4 with quad xeons and 16 way sli gtx titan blacks, all liquid cooled. Don't forget the 500 gb's of 3ghz ram and the 10 raided 1 tb pci ssd's running at one tb writes. All the parts need to run at 20 degrees celsius under load.

Wireless electricity Wireless computer

Exsists it just not all that safe.

A computer that runs without power. No heat, infinite performance.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Exsists it just not all that safe.

Electric arc doesn't count as wireless electricity. I'm thinking of an invisible steady flow with quasi null resistance and no interference rendering pcbs and traditional wires completely useless.

Spoiler

Electric arc doesn't count as wireless electricity. I'm thinking of an invisible steady flow with quasi null resistance and no interference rendering pcbs and traditional wires completely useless.

There are those charging pads you can be quite a good distance from and a tesla coil.

A computer that runs without power. No heat, infinite performance.

"A thing that does everything" would be a more creative thing to say.

Spoiler

There are those charging pads you can be quite a good distance from and a tesla coil.

Noted. However you can't make a circuit out of this. This is an magnetic field inducing a current in the component being charged.

Spoiler

Noted. However you can't make a circuit out of this. This is an magnetic field inducing a current in the component being charged.

there are many different implementations each of which can be converted into electricity. They even have huge ones used on those new electric race cars. That charge a large amount of battery very quickly but you wouldnt want to be between that and the car.

there are many different implementations each of which can be converted into electricity. They even have huge ones used on those new electric race cars.

The future is here!
Spoiler