The Craziest computer hardware you can think of

GramKracker00

7990 and 295X2 are 2 different cards... And they use the same GPU GK110 iirc so if theres a difference it's only firmware or something else on the card but either way you'd assume using the SAME GPU as the current "Flagship gaming card"  and having 2 of them should make it gaming... but ohwell not like it's out yet and it's probably not even coming out Nvidia's probably panicking over the 295X2... Also nice touch saying "I don't use AMD but I'm not a fanboy" considering there the 2 graphics processor manufacturers that leaves you with NVidia and well I use both >.< and I was called a fanboy... 

I know they are 2 different cards. It is just easier to combine the 295x2 and 7990 in the response as both are made by the same manufacturer for the same segment of the market.

While both are GK110, the Titan series has unlocked double precision, which IS a hardware difference. Put a Titan Black BIOS on a 780ti and you will still not get the double precision performance of the titan, as the core does not have the hardware to do so. It is not the same thing as the 6950/6970 or 465/470 where a simple BIOS flash unlocks the locked hardware. The 700 series does not have the hardware lock, it is simply not there.

No. You are incorrect. There are at a minimum 4 GPU companies out there. AMD, Nvidia, Matrox, and Intel. Intel simply does not perform that well for gaming, but overall is a decent GPU.  Matrox is pretty much only useful for specific applications or if you need a crapton of monitors on a single card (this is also to say they are not in the least a gaming card. They are closer to the quardo than a GTX).  AMD is fine, but I do not use it. If you would like to know why, it is because my rendering software makes use of CUDA, but not OpenGL. If I used a Firepro or R9 series it would render off the CPU and take much longer (on in inverse would require lower quality models like we used to do). I don't mind AMD for gaming, but I would not buy one currently.  Nvidia does well with Gaming and CUDA performance, so that is what I use. I have no problem with Matrox, Intel, or AMD for gaming, but in life I do more and AMD can not keep up (matrox don't either).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

integrated graphics with the power of a gtx 780 ti and the vram of the titan z!

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I think this beats anything anyone mentions here.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

• 8 months later...

I had another idea. How about a CNT 0.1 nm (not technically possible) manufacturing node graphics card with 150% power efficiency, instead of using power, it geberates power(again, definitely not possible). No heat output and would be the size of a sandwhich. It would not have a specified clock speed, but instead one constant rate of function that is 100% stable in all situations.

A powerful AMD CPU. Period.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

A powerful AMD CPU. Period.

I feel the upcoming zen architecture will be the answer to your desires. Atleast I hope anyway.