Red Dead 2 PC Nov 5th

Thready

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-is-coming-to-pcs-1838773986

RDR 2 is coming to PC on November 5th.

According to Kotaku, the modding community will probably be on this so we can expect funny hats and skins. 

There's no word yet on PC requirements.

It's also coming to Google Stadia

Screenshot_20191004-102856_Chrome.jpg

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Neat.

It releases on Steam in December. I guess that's the real release date to a lot of people (myself included).

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will first be available through the Rockstar Games Launcher, and also available for pre-order on the Epic Games Store and Humble Store. The Steam version will be available for purchase in December."

3 hours ago, Thready said:

According to Kotaku, the modding community will probably be on this so we can expect funny hats and skins. 

Unless Rockstar take a heavy hand against modding.

Take Two Shuts Down Red Dead Redemption Total Conversion For GTA V

I've seen it hypothesized that might indicate RS are planning RDR as DLC for RDR 2. That would be great, though RS comments have also suggested they aren't focusing on SP content for RDR 2 DLC.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

So hyped Rockstar themselves posted on Facebook about it this morning, I played it on PS4 Pro and loved it, didn't 100% it or play online just because I wanted to wait and see if it came to PC and yee haw it is. I was just looking around last week for any info if there were anymore leaks about it, and some were speculating because of the new Rockstar PC Launcher that they were going to announce it and they did. You bet your ass I'm ready to gang up with some buddies to rob banks and bounty hunt, after I play the campaign for a 3rd time of course lmao.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

It releases on Steam in December. I guess that's the real release date to a lot of people (myself included).

Christmas is finna be real yeehaw hours for the PCMR ?

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

Neat.

Steam will just have you use the Rockstar Launcher anyway. I'm also an advocate for less launchers on PC and would rather use Steam only but if they force you to use it anyway there isn't really a point in waiting.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

3 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Steam will just have you use the Rockstar Launcher anyway. I'm also an advocate for less launchers on PC and would rather use Steam only but if they force you to use it anyway there isn't really a point in waiting.

I look at it from a 30 - 50 years from now perspective, where I ask which platform is likely to still be around so I can play my games that are on them. And I think that Steam is more likely to be around that Rockstar launcher. And if Rockstar end their launcher at some point, I expect they would detach games on other platforms from their own DRM. They also might give keys for their games for other platforms, but why take that extra risk?

Also, Steam's game time-logging and community features are used by me.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

-snip-

I understand where you're coming from. I would much rather have it solely on Steam as well but if we're going to have to go through the Rockstar Launcher anyway plus with Rockstar's Launcher Pre-order benefits I think it's worth it, you get the Ultimate and Premium editions of the game for the same price as the Standard edition, three free games 2 of your choice plus GTA: SA HD Remaster, and all of the original pre-order bonuses from the console release. I'll have to think on it some more but I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing it from the launcher.

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I understand where you're coming from. I would much rather have it solely on Steam as well but if we're going to have to go through the Rockstar Launcher anyway plus with Rockstar's Launcher Pre-order benefits I think it's worth it, you get the Ultimate and Premium editions of the game for the same price as the Standard edition, three free games 2 of your choice plus GTA: SA HD Remaster, and all of the original pre-order bonuses from the console release. I'll have to think on it some more but I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing it from the launcher.

I would love a GTA SA remaster, as that's my favourite of the series and one of my favourite games. However, the GTA SA offered through the RS launcher is the normal old SA, and I haven't heard any news of remaster plans for it. It's also free to grab from the RS launcher whether or not RDR 2 is pre-ordered from RS.

On Steam, I already have the games offered as RDR 2 pre-order bonuses. But for people who don't have them yet, there are some great games there that would make the RS launcher attractive.

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I look at it from a 30 - 50 years from now perspective, where I ask which platform is likely to still be around so I can play my games that are on them. And I think that Steam is more likely to be around that Rockstar launcher. And if Rockstar end their launcher at some point, I expect they would detach games on other platforms from their own DRM. They also might give keys for their games for other platforms, but why take that extra risk?

Also, Steam's game time-logging and community features are used by me.

Chances are in 30 to 50 years it wont matter which one you got it from. If the rockstar launcher goes under then either they will detach it for everyone or nobody. Also in 30 to 50 years I don't even know if I would even think about playing the game. 

11 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Chances are in 30 to 50 years it wont matter which one you got it from. If the rockstar launcher goes under then either they will detach it for everyone or nobody. Also in 30 to 50 years I don't even know if I would even think about playing the game. 

We'll have our holograms and stuff

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Why would you be playing this in 50 years?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Some people still play retro games so I guess it is still possible. That being said I would be 74 and I sorta doubt I would play a game like red dead redemption 2 on pc at that point in time. 

10 hours ago, Sauron said:

I'm still playing Apogee sidescrollers, NES and SNES games, and stuff like Test Drive III around 30 years later. I bet I'll still play them in another 10 and 20 years.

Though, I don't know why I might want to play a particular game like RDR 2 in 30 years, but acting with posterity of access to my games in mind is a prudent philosophy, and I've lost a lot of stuff over the years I wish I hadn't by just treating it as just to be used for the current moment. Experience has ingrained in me the mindset of choosing where to drop my money based on the long-term perspective.

RS is an unproven platform, and the company is selfish, greedy, and bullying. And similar to my view of Microsoft, I don't trust it to practice any policies that are particularly concerned with user experience, complaints, and long-term access beyond what is convenient to the company.

Oh nice, if only the 1st game would get ported over as well. I'd love to play them both. Well, I mean I could play the 1st one on the Bone 360 that we have that works fine, It's just not something that I would like to do if I had the option to play on my PC. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

would love a GTA SA remaster, as that's my favourite of the series and one of my favourite games. However, the GTA SA offered through the RS launcher is the normal old SA, and I haven't heard any news of remaster plans for it.

I don't think a remaster would be enough. They should remake the game with a new graphic engine. It would be great to have graphics similar to the ones of GTA V but it probably won't happen.

7 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Oh nice, if only the 1st game would get ported over as well. I'd love to play them both. Well, I mean I could play the 1st one on the Bone 360 that we have that works fine, It's just not something that I would like to do if I had the option to play on my PC. 

I totally agree and I still don't understand why they haven't done it yet. It doesn't even need a resmaster and it would be easy money for Rockstar Games.

4 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

Christmas is finna be real yeehaw hours for the PCMR ?

What other games are you expecting?

20 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I only have my Xbox 360 for Mass Effect. I refuse to play that on PC because EA took out some functionality. And I don't do well with 3rd person games with mouse and keyboard. But other than that, it's collecting dust.

5 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I look at it from a 30 - 50 years from now perspective, where I ask which platform is likely to still be around so I can play my games that are on them.

If steam, epic, rockstar, or who ever all go bankrupt in 30 - 50 years, you can still play the games you bought on their platform. Just have a backup copy of the game. at worse, you'd just need to look for a patch/mod that lets you play without drm.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

What other games are you expecting?

IDK, I just know Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out in December on Steam according to this thread and that game is pretty much the definition of yeehaw.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

I'm a little torn, i played the game on my PS4 Pro and the old me would have done exactly what i did with GTAV, i got it for PS3, PS4 then PC too but Rockstar has gone down a really shitty path with GTA Online and Red Dead Online.  I know business is business blah blah blah but the new Rockstar has turned me from a hardcore fan to a luke warm supporter at the absolute minimum level (which means no more buying the same title across different platforms). 

I pretty much buy games now, download them or do the day one patch and then disconnect my device from the net and never let it update again until i'm done.

Oh cool.  I might still end up getting it on PS4 since I just got a PS4, and the game is much cheaper used on that console than it will be new on PC.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

After the crap they just pulled with their forced launcher... which will probably disappear in a year or so... remember the rockstar social club you were forced into using and having an account with or you couldn't save your progress in GTA IV when that came out... and that was stripped out a few years later.

I'm not falling for that crap again.. and I refuse to have yet another frickin game launcher installed on my system. It's bad enough that I have 3 already... Steam, GOG & Uplay... I will not allow another one.

There are other ways to play games from companies that insist on using psychological manipulation to get you to buy in game currency and loot boxes and so forth... I will not support companies like and I will not give them a penny of my money. Do not reward them for insidious practices.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, Delicieuxz said:

Neat.

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will first be available through the Rockstar Games Launcher, and also available for pre-order on the Epic Games Store and Humble Store. The Steam version will be available for purchase in December."

Unless Rockstar take a heavy hand against modding.

Take Two Shuts Down Red Dead Redemption Total Conversion For GTA V

I've seen it hypothesized that might indicate RS are planning RDR as DLC for RDR 2. That would be great, though RS comments have also suggested they aren't focusing on SP content for RDR 2 DLC.

With how Rockstar and Take Two have behaved in the past, all I can say is YARRRR

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs