A wild 10900X benchmark appears on Geekbench

Master Disaster

It appears as though someone has benchmarked a 10900X CPU on Geekbench. Best guess based on core count is that this is a HEDT CPU based on Cascade Lake X though that's not entirely clear yet.

Someone has seemingly benchmarked the Intel Core i9-10900X with the Geekbench 4 software. The unreleased processor sports the 10000-series branding, so it's most likely one of Intel's upcoming HEDT (high-end desktop) parts based on the Cascade Lake microarchitecture.

Based on the core count on the posting, we suspect the i9-10900X is the same Cascade Lake-X (CSL-X) chip that surfaced in SiSoftware's database back in April. The processor will most likely serve as the direct replacement for the existing i9-9900X.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9N

The 10900X looks like it going to be a direct upgrade to the 9900X being almost identical just with faster clocks.

Based on the reported specs, the i9-10900X isn't much different from the i9-9900X. It still has 10 cores, 20 

threads and the same amount of L1, L2 and L3 cache. SiSoftware detected the i9-10900X with a 4 GHz base clock and 4.6 GHz boost clock. Geekbench 4 posted a minimum frequency of 4.137 GHz and a maximum frequency of 4.680 GHz, so both reports are in the same ballpark.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9N

The i9-10900X seemingly delivers up to 5.71% higher performance than the i9-9900X in single-core workloads. When it comes to multi-core workloads, the i9-10900X performs up to 10.34% faster. The difference in performance seems feasible since Cascade Lake-X is somewhat a rewarmed Skylake-X Refresh part. Of course, we should wait until the final products are out before we pass judgement.

Intel claims Cascade Lake-X will bring double the performance per dollar. The 14nm multi-core chips are scheduled to arrive next month. Sadly, Intel hasn't specified a date yet.

https://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-core-i9-10900x-cascade-lake-x-benchmarks,news-61696.html

Yawn, another rerelease from Intel. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

Basically it gets those 10% from 2 extra cores (10 vs 8 on 9900K). Rather yawn release...

So the 9900X did have 8 cores. I read the article and thought it was incorrect but decided I was more likely to be wrong than Tom's hardware.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

17 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

So the 9900K did have 8 cores. I read the article and thought it was incorrect but decided I was more likely to be wrong than Tom's hardware.

9900K is 8 cores, 16 threads. 10900-whatever appears to be 10 cores, 20 threads.

53 minutes ago, That Franc said:

The article compares it against 9900X, not 9900K

This,  the 9900X is a 10 core part as per the article and they also show a single core improvement of 5.something %

I wouldn't claim this as being anything to write home about, but it is a performance improvement from a refined product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Oh look, it's more Skylake

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Best guess based on core count is that this is a HEDT CPU based on Cascade Lake X though that's not entirely clear yet.

could be comet lake S as Tum Apisak reported a 10c/20t as CML-S. though it could be cascade lake x aswell. that was 16 days ago tho. 

For reference 

Screenshot_20190919-172659.thumb.jpg.056fbe914479ae0a472049762b250908.jpg

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I can smell the lake of coffee from here.

3rd gen Threadriper is going to make this launch irrelevant. 2 years..all the fierce competition from AMD..and this is all they can put out. Surely this is pointless because it's going to get slammed by reviewers while Threadripper is going to get all the praise in the world.

Let's hope the price/performance they've been talking about is true, if it has better value than 3rd gen then maybe it can have a purpose.

I would take these scores with a bucket of salt though because geekbench likes cache I believe, something the 3900x has a ton of.

12 minutes ago, williamcll said:

For reference 

Screenshot_20190919-172659.thumb.jpg.056fbe914479ae0a472049762b250908.jpg

Just out of curiosity (because TBH I couldn't give a rats about geekbench),  what freq is that 3900X running at and does the difference in geekbench versions make any difference?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I would take these scores with a bucket of salt though because geekbench likes cache I believe, something the 3900x has a ton of.

It's interesting for speculation but that's about all.  Normally I'd wait for real world independent verified testing before I start commenting on relevance etc,  But to be fair I have no plans to buy this processor anything like it in the next few years so my interest is just that, interest.

Geekbench? Bruh.. I need real world window media player test result, that's what really matters.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Geekbench? Bruh I need real world window media player test result, that's what really matters.

Forget about media players, Chrome is what people actually run!

Still using X299, would this be a first for Intel? 3 "generations" on same chipset?

Not looked in detail as I don't care, I think Cascade Lake has further extensions to AVX-512. There was talk of machine learning stuff which I'm not interested in.

Timing is about right for next gen Intel HEDT to be released soon. On that note, I wouldn't expect TR3K any time soon.

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

could be comet lake S as Tum Apisak reported a 10c/20t as CML-S. though it could be cascade lake x aswell. that was 16 days ago tho. 

That's supposed to be a consumer level part. If the detected cache and chipset are correct, it would strongly lean towards HEDT.

I think we're also approaching the window for consumer refresh, not that I'd expect anything really different from Intel at this time.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

The 10900X looks like it going to be a direct upgrade to the 9900X being almost identical just with faster clocks.

And if their current trend with HEDT is any indication, this won't even favor from the supposed 18% IPC uplift that consumer chips are getting, because it'll be kaby lake.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Have an i9-10980XE while you're at it...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Hmmm... 

5% Single-core and 10% multi-core improvements, that's it? 

Except for FPS, Intel behind AMD in other categories, more cores for less $$. Although I have two Intel builds, if I were to upgrade right now, AMD would be the better choice. 

"You're my dearest friend & my love. You lit my path through darkness & I'll stand with you...to whatever end." -Leliana (DAO).

I'm starting to get bored of cpu announcements and releases (and leaks for that matter) for both companies. Seems that there's something every few months. I've long since given up trying to keep up with any of this

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

15 hours ago, Tedny said:

what's difference between x and k cpus for intel?

X used to be HEDT on socket 2011

K used to be "unlocked" on socket 1150/1151/1155, with the non-K usually being more feature complete, and the K having enterprise/vPro features nerfed.

Right now, until Intel actually posts the specs, it's probably not going to matter. 

There is a fundamental difference between Socket 2011-x and 115x chips in that the former has more PCIe lanes, memory bandwidth, memory, and so forth, but ends up slightly behind on expansion capability (Eg USB, Sata/NVMe) due to being based on a previous generation chipset.

With that said, I'll be nothing less than disappointed with Intel if it comes with the usual PCIe lane numbers.

15 hours ago, Tedny said:

what's difference between x and k cpus for intel?

At this point it's mainly the privilege of paying Intel 2-3 times more for the CPU...

16 minutes ago, Kisai said:

X used to be HEDT on socket 2011

K used to be "unlocked" on socket 1150/1151/1155, with the non-K usually being more feature complete, and the K having enterprise/vPro features nerfed.

There's quite a bit wrong here.

On X99 and earlier, the X designation was the top unlocked HEDT SKU. The K designation was every other unlocked SKU on their desktop platforms.

K SKU CPUs also weren't stripped (or limiting) any features of their non-K SKU counterparts.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.