Youtube and discrimination

Faisal A

Does Youtube ever bother checking for discrimination on their platform ? I have just clicked on a video and scrolled through the comments and must have reported at least 100 comments so far. Can they not implement a simple algorithm to remove hate comments yet they can spend years developing an algorithm that shows you certain videos.

Here are some of the comments :

image.png.f4e8ae6addc54b558a458289472b3d15.png

image.png.05ebd238b5a6b41c015ae426b382800e.png

image.png.9e9f469df6542e2e383fc9c78afd0ebd.png

Why is nothing being done about hate speech ? They blocked comments with minors in it but never blocked comments on a video that encourages all of this hate speech

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

good ole freedom of speech.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Levent Freedom of speech is the right to criticise someone without getting arrested by the government. Sure people have a right to criticise about a religion but not saying it in a racist manner like swearing at them in process. Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without being criticised and radiculed

Youtube is a private entity so they can moderate their platform how they please.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I don't think this is the right place for a "freedom of speech versus hate speech" argument

Just now, Faisal A said:

@Levent Freedom of speech is the right to criticise someone without getting arrested by the government. Sure people have a right to criticise about a religion but not saying it in a racist manner

Not the place - it's not a simple discussion to have

an algorithm will probably catch a lot of the wrong stuff. like if a mosque wants to have a youtube channel but ironically every one of their videos get taken down for discrimination against muslims

Criticism of religion is important, and is not racist. I would imagine YouTube would filter out these comments in countries where blasphemy is not allowed, but not in secular countries

🙂

@duncannah But surely they can reword it into a better way ? They way you say something is can completely change the way it is interpreted. Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without being criticised and ridiculed. If somebody doesnt like a religion, thats fine but then dont go and insult them for their beliefs.

2 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@duncannah But surely they can reword it into a better way ? They way you say something is can completely change the way it is interpreted. Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without being criticised and radiculed

You can't fling shit and complain when people fling shit back - that's the logic I like to use.

4 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Everybody should have a right to believe in whatever they want to believe in without being criticised and radiculed

I mean, should they have that right? I find it absurd to think ridicule should be outlawed.

Is what these people are doing polite or friendly? No, and they're not making themselves useful either. The world would be better off if they didn't bother with this. But should what they're doing be illegal? Hell no!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Youtube is a private entity so they can moderate their platform how they please.

I agree. Though they really ought to follow the rules they have set out, which the examples in the OP break.

11 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Criticism of religion is important, and is not racist. I would imagine YouTube would filter out these comments in countries where blasphemy is not allowed, but not in secular countries

Saying "fuck <X religion>" is a very shallow criticism though. And some of these posts are definitely bigoted. Doesn't make that much of a difference whether it's bigotry or racism.

Youtube's rules about this are the same across all countries AFAIK. They're just really bad at enforcing the rules.

This is what you get when you reach the comments section on the YouTube app

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190813-191444.jpg.d64ab64d96a4be44656825404a6f9694.jpg

Maybe people are gonna stop when they add that message on the desktop version as well. /s

Seriously though, I think YouTube will only care about this when companies start pulling their ads because of it.

23 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

@spartaman64 Youtube cant filter a swear ?

filtering swear by words is easy, even i can do it.

but for the whole context of the sentence it might be difficult.

you can say "fcuk that's good" or "i can fcuk you up good".

just report the comment and see what's happen.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801939?hl=en

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

40 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Does Youtube ever bother checking for discrimination on their platform ? I have just clicked on a video and scrolled through the comments and must have reported at least 100 comments so far. Can they not implement a simple algorithm to remove hate comments yet they can spend years developing an algorithm that shows you certain videos.

Here are some of the comments :

image.png.f4e8ae6addc54b558a458289472b3d15.png

image.png.05ebd238b5a6b41c015ae426b382800e.png

image.png.9e9f469df6542e2e383fc9c78afd0ebd.png

Why is nothing being done about hate speech ? They blocked comments with minors in it but never blocked comments on a video that encourages all of this hate speech

Why does it matter, if you really don't like it then just ignore it. If you're easily upset by people aggressively asserting their opinions or disagreeing with each other, the YouTube comment section is really not the right place for you. Just because your disagree with these people's voices doesn't mean their voices should be silenced.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

filtering swear by words is easy, even i can do it.

but for the whole context of the sentence it might be difficult.

you can say "fcuk that's good" or "i can fcuk you up good".

just report the comment and see what's happen.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801939?hl=en

Or fsck

Which can't actually be filtered because FSCK can be several things including a linux file checker

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

@Powarusuki There is nothing wrong with disagreeing someone but there is something wrong with embarrassing and lowering someone for their practices

1 minute ago, Faisal A said:

@Powarusuki There is nothing wrong with disagreeing someone but there is something wrong with embarrassing and lowering someone for their practices

Either way if you're upset by such things then it should probably be best to just avoid it instead of exposing yourself to it and getting upset over and over again. I'm not a fan of carrots and as such, I choose not to consume them. Might be best for you to avoid comment sections like this if they make you upset to a point where you're reporting upwards of 100+ comments.

5 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

That's how the great USA free speech is all about. That's why KKK and Neo Nazi movement still existed, as long as there's no crime involved, you can say what ever you want.

The best way to handle it, is to ignore.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

That's how the great USA free speech is all about. That's why KKK and Neo Nazi movement still existed, as long as there's no crime involved, you can say what ever you want.

The best way to handle it, is to ignore. 

Great USA free speech is only about government, not companies. You can't even say "fuck" on US television, let alone "fuck your whole religion."

Welcome to life. People are assholes when they can get away with it. You have to grow up and deal with it.  Its unfortunate but the Internet hasn't changed much on that front in 30 years. Its the far west, better to ignore it cause you won't be able to change their mind if you try to interact with them and reporting is not going to satisfy you at all cause you probably won't see the result of it. So its basically time wasted.

To be fair, a lot of pointless conflict was caused by religion. The world would be arguably a better place if people didn't use it as a way to justify discrimination towards others or even justification for murder.

Just sayin

And this is coming from someone baptized in a Catholic church.