What should I do in London?

Radioactive Snowman

Hi Guys,

So I'm heading to London in a couple weeks  with my girlfriend and we really don't know what to do while we are there. Would anyone thats been there be able to recommend things we should do. We are going for 3 days but will be setting aside 1 day for shopping. 

We will be staying in a hotel in Trafalgar square so things to do in that area would be ideal.

Thanks Guys!

Try to not get stabbed :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Just now, Radioactive Snowman said:

Is it really that bad? ?

Only things i've read and heard from people who've been lol

Personally i've only ever been to London once and that was about 12 years ago when i was a kid. Suppose though it depends on what you want out of it, they've got Musuems for days as well as a lot of Art Gallerys.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

6 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Is it really that bad? ?

No. Like any big city, random stuff can kick off without warning, but it is rare enough. I'd be more wary of pickpockets and scammers (beware anyone approaching you).

As for touristy things, I'm not gonna be a good guide on that despite living ~1 hour away I still haven't done them myself. Any particular interests? That might help narrow it down.

Trafalgar Square is of course pretty central, but between walking and tube it is easy to get around. Well known landmarks are everywhere so pick whatever is interesting. 

Camden is worth a walk around. It has its own character. Need to check what is actually there, Greenwich might be something to consider.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Soho?

British Museum (if you're in that sort of thing)?

Madame Tussault's?

1 hour ago, porina said:

No. Like any big city, random stuff can kick off without warning, but it is rare enough. I'd be more wary of pickpockets and scammers (beware anyone approaching you).

As for touristy things, I'm not gonna be a good guide on that despite living ~1 hour away I still haven't done them myself. Any particular interests? That might help narrow it down.

Trafalgar Square is of course pretty central, but between walking and tube it is easy to get around. Well known landmarks are everywhere so pick whatever is interesting. 

Camden is worth a walk around. It has its own character. Need to check what is actually there, Greenwich might be something to consider.

I heard the markets in Camden were worth a walk around so that might be an option actually

39 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Soho?

British Museum (if you're in that sort of thing)?

Madame Tussault's?

Soho is a shopping area isn't it? Think that's where one of the sneaker shops I want to go to is located. I went to Madame Tussaud's in Amsterdam a few months ago and I didn't like it at all, it just doesn't compare to the Dublin wax museum for me.

12 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

I heard the markets in Camden were worth a walk around so that might be an option actually

Soho is a shopping area isn't it? Think that's where one of the sneaker shops I want to go to is located. I went to Madame Tussaud's in Amsterdam a few months ago and I didn't like it at all, it just doesn't compare to the Dublin wax museum for me.

Camden is definitely worth a visit!

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

you can go to buckingham palace and annoy the guards there. just dont do it too much /s

Visit Ben

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Go In and up the Tower Bridge. Also don't go into the Tower of London only to see the Jewls, you're going to wait in line for hours. I'll leave @Schnoz here to tell you about more fun stuff to do.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

you can go to buckingham palace and annoy the guards there. just dont do it too much

Please don't annoy the guards. They're real soldiers and have a job to do.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Please don't annoy the guards. They're real soldiers and have a job to do.

forgot to put a /s but yeah i meant staring at them with the other tourists lol

22 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Visit Ben

22 hours ago, Pascal... said:

Go In and up the Tower Bridge. Also don't go into the Tower of London only to see the Jewls, you're going to wait in line for hours. I'll leave @Schnoz here to tell you about more fun stuff to do.

21 hours ago, Schnoz said:

WHO SUMMONED ME

Seriously though, here are some nice locations to visit.

- British Museum. It's full of more gold than you can think of and there's stuff from all around the world.

- If you don't get seasick, going on a Thames river cruise is pretty nice.

- Buckingham Palace. 

- Tower of London. How we got to see the crown jewels, @Pascal..., was waiting until ten miniutes from closing. The line shortens drastically, and if you can time it right, you can wait less than 10 minutes in line.

- UK Natural History Museum. This was one of my favorite locations there.

That will cost one soul, please.

Okay so far I am liking the ideas of camden market, tower of london, buckingham palace and one of the museums. I'm also considering the aquarium but we'll see what its like when we get there. I also found a pretty cool bar/restuarant called the alchemist I want to go to, Gordon Ramsay has a pizzeria I want to check out (I fully expect it to be just average pizza that Gordon doesn't even know they serve but it looks interesting nonetheless) and another really cool looking bar called Mr Foggs Society of Exploration.

As for shopping I'm heading to the Apple Store for an apple watch (we dont have official apple stores here in Ireland so I want to experience buying something from one), Footpatrol for a new pair of Jordan 1's (hoping they have some good stuff),Harrods just to see how stupid expensive it and whatever else I come across that looks interesting. I'm avoiding the shops we have here in Ireland because they just sell the same stuff I imagine.

Just now, -Kriss- said:

Spend 20£ on a pen from Harrods.

Steal fat squirrels from Hyde park.

Avoid getting stabbed.

Couldn’t I just stab them back with my Harrods pen or set my army of fat squirrels on them? 

had this exact question a while ago :)

some other inspiration

though I ended most times just strolling randomly through the city without aim and going where I find the street interesting, always worth it

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I believe there is a VR experience for War Of The Worlds with a mix of live actors and VR headsets. https://www.dotdot.london/the-experience/

Jeff Wayne’s The War of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience combines Jeff’s Musical Version, immersive theatre, virtual reality, augmented reality, holograms and other cutting-edge technology; giving audiences the chance to live through the Martian invasion of 1898.

Visitors will be thrust into the heart of the story from the moment they step inside the vast 22,000-square foot multi-level site in Central London, which is being transformed for this unique Martian adventure.

I really love the Tate Modern, but if modern art isn't your thing... The design museum is good too, and a really cool building too. Other than that a good selection of restaurants and bars, loads of stuff.

Don't worry about getting stabbed, unless your a member of a gang your odds of getting stabbed are very slim. Do worry about pickpockets around touristy areas and large stations though.