The worst video ever made by LinusTechTips, why the MacOS video is misguided, misinformative, and an outright joke.

Morata

It is no secret that I do not like MacOS. I use an iPhone Xs Max and iPad Pro and I love iOS. I cannot say the same about MacOS and Apple's hardware line. That is why when I saw the video, I clicked faster than ever to hear it because I had some reservations and clearly, I was on to something. This video is quite possibly the worst video ever produced by Linus Media Group. I have never been so annoyed, so triggered, so utterly disgusted when watching a tech video, let alone an LTT video, in my life.

I am going to go through every reason and address it. Most of them are invalid in my opinion and I intend to fully explain why that is in each response.

1. Ecosystem: Apple's ecosystem is great, but lots of this was hardware. iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud features not available on non-Apple platforms could easily be added to those platforms. iMessage would dominate the market if it was available on other platforms. I also find that the copy and paste on different platforms thing to be a little weird as a standout feature considering Windows has this feature, it is just a little hidden and isn't part of the core experience.

2. This one really annoyed me considering Windows has the ability to make separate desktops for the organization and management of the OS. It is very easy, press the Windows key and the tab key at the same time and click new desktop. I don't mean to be rude but I think some of the LTT writers or researchers are slacking off on the research part. It also shows you what you have open as well. The trackpad thing really blew me away because it is a hardware feature. The gestures are the main thing, but having a good trackpad isn't a software feature.

3. This one is half-correct. Windows has the search option, easily accessible via Windows Key + S, and it works, just not as good. I was able to successfully complete 2 out of the 3 tasks displayed on screen that the video had showed off as a MacOS feature. Image #1: 1133915131_Screenshot(59).png.5f9367f4b886490d7a938c252126ea79.png Image #2: 272274956_Screenshot(60).png.27f2f63d71b412b7a8a684bf0733e4bd.png

4. I agree that it is annoying that Office isn't preinstalled on Windows devices, but it isn't that annoying.

5. This one has to be the worst, the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard. "MacOS is better because I can run Windows on Apple machines." I absolutely cannot believe this is mentioned as if it somehow makes MacOS better because Apple doesn't allow their OS to be put onto any machine people would like. This is absolutely and utterly the most absurd response ever. Would LTT prefer Windows stop allowing the distribution of it's OS onto Apple machines via Bootcamp or the other methods?

6. Now I have heard about the UNIX comment before, but I am not a developer and have spoken to some of my friends who are developers and programmers and if you cared about UNIX, Linux is always available.

7. Another irrelevant reasoning that has nothing to do with MacOS and Windows. How is MacOS better because developers made an exclusive piece of software for MacOS? Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro can surely be placed on Windows, but it isn't. The other piece of software was a VM software to run Windows on MacOS which is stupid in itself to be a justification for why MacOS is better.

8. Confusing as a reasoning because it is a port, it isn't even a software feature whatsoever and this video has turned into why Mac machines are better, or worse depending on who you are.

9. Paying an absurd "Apple Tax" because you had to make one extra click. If you want to install Google Chrome, you open up Microsoft Edge, type Google Chrome, download the file, run it, and click the set as default button. Only then does Microsoft make you click 1 extra time to confirm you don't want to try Microsoft Edge. I think it is savvy of Microsoft to show features and do their best to convince users to stay with Edge and Edge is soon to be chromium based. I would have liked this reasoning better if he said Safari because I prefer to use Safari on my iOS products and Safari is likely better than Microsoft Edge non-chromium based versions. Either way, maybe we should talk about how you pay more for a worse-performing product considering that this has turned into a hardware/software discussion.

10. I know I have said it already, but this is probably the worst because he definitely glossed over the horrible hardware reliability of Apple machines. Windows backup could be better, but I would argue that you wouldn't need to worry about a backup very much unless your machine is going to fail and failures are apparently a common thing on Apple's MacOS products, especially considering that you can have recovery issues due to encryption and the T chip that prevents easy storage swaps. Not only that, but the thermal performance, the lack of user customization for fan profiles, the lack of technical knowledge for the overwhelming majority of Apple users is only compounded by the fact that Apple makes a machine that is basically designed to fail.

TL:DR: @LinusTech, I am saddened by this video and what a joke it is to the Windows loving community. MacOS can exist, but this video is downright slander because of how incorrect and misleading it is. It is as if Apple paid you for this because it is so one-sided and so pathetic of a video, it deserves a followup or retraction altogether.

Case: Dark Base Pro 900 (Black/Orange)
CPU: Ryzen 5900x
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (LTT Special Edition)
Graphics Card: RTX 3090 Founders Edition
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
RAM: Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 32GB DDR4 3000 (2 x 16GB)
Storage (Boot): Samsung 990 PRO 2TB NVMe

Storage (Secondary): Samsung 980 PRO 2TB NVMe

Storage (Secondary): Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SATA III
Storage (Secondary): SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SATA III
Storage (Secondary): 2x Seagate 4TB SSHD (yes, really, solid-state hybrid drives in 2023)
PSU: Corsair RM1000x (80+ Gold)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro (with Razer Yellows)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless
Mousemat: Razer Firefly Chroma Mousepad 2016
Headset: Logitech G533 Wireless Headset (still the best)

Wow, nice rant there my friend.

You realize the whole video was user submitted reasons, not necessarily the opinions of the LMG crew?

The idea was to explain why MacOS might be better, from the top 10 user submitted reasons... So let's not blame the LMG crew as some kind of apple sellout (let's be real, they only do that for Nvidia ?)

To go on a few of your points - I won't go through them all...

For the organization of desktops, you're not wrong technically, but you do see how it's not necessarily intuitive on windows? The idea is Mac makes it useful and easy, so your average Joe can do it.

For not being able to run Mac in windows, I find this perfectly legitimate. As a Linux user who begrudgingly uses windows when needed, the ability to run my preferred system is Paramount. If my preferred system was MacOS - whether because it's what I'm used to or what I do all my work in - having that fallback is not to be overlooked.

For your final point about backups, this is huge. The argument not to worry about it "unless your hardware is going to fail" is absurd. I can't name a single person I know of who has built something thinking that they'd like it to fail. But these things do happen - that's why there's a whole industry around data recovery. So the ability to make backups flawless, simple and easy enough for the average Joe to use is amazing, and has definitely saved many, many headaches.

You know, I kinda glossed over that video as I'm so deep into the Google and Windows ecosystem I doubt I even could switch if I wanted to, but you bring some good points.

But, despite being a Surface fanboy, I'm gonna try and play devil's advocate:

Many of MacOS' features are tightly integrated and are a result of hardware, so I don't think mentioning the touch pad is as egregious as you make it out to be. Though, I agree, it's kind of out of place, as
1) you can buy (i)Macs, which do not have them,
2) Precision Touchpads are becoming a thing, and basically all the gestures you have on Mac, you have on Windows too.

1. Sure, copy paste works, but only from windows to windows, not windows to android. Ecosystem wise, Microsoft does have the "Your Phone Companion" app, which allows you to access photos, sms and notifications on your PC from your android phone, but it's nowhere near as well integrated or seamless as Apple does it.
And while Windows does have that "send to nearby device" feature, that also works only in 1 direction from the phone, or from windows to windows device. And if you want to use it to share web pages, you're forced to use Edge.

Meanwhile, Apple has AirDrop, which works from MacOS to iOS to iPadOS. I'm as much a Microsoft and Surface fanboy as anyone, but I am jealous.

Anyway, about iMessage specifically, I feel/think this is bad wording on Linus' part. It's not about iMessage  or SMS, it's about the calling part. Being able to pick up a call to your iPhone from your iPad or MacOS device. And sure, Apple could theoretically port that to Windows... But they don't. Which makes that integration a decent reason to get MacOS. In defence of Windows, you can receive and reply to SMS using the "Your Phone Companion" app but calling is (at least so far) beyond it.

2. Whether it be viewer opinions or lmg, this, indeed is very weird. Windows touted multiple desktops since forever (well, since Win10).

One of precision touchpad's selling points was that you could do that "apple" gesture to switch between them.
PS: actually, Win+Shift+D just creates a new virtual desktop, no need to use your Win+Tab and click a button.

3. It's not about whether you can or cannot, it's about consistency. I have all the spyware from Microsoft enabled, so I should get web results in my search, and yet the 500ml thing doesn't work. Files are also touch and go. For example, I for the love of me cannot find the Nvidia Control Panel using Windows Search, but Everything (using Wox) had no issues finding it.

4. Eh, they should've at least included the file viewers in windows. Sure you wouldn't be able to edit, but you at least should be able to view MS Office files. And you can't. I mean, it's not a problem for you or me, libreoffice's a thing, google docs is a thing, but for your average joe mom? That's a problem.

5. it works as a reason, because if you have a Mac you can still run Windows exclusives. You cannot on Windows, which may result in you having to get a dedicated machine. It's a very good reason, imho.

6. Eh. When is the last time you heard of a MacBook crashing? Like, sure it happens, but it's fairly rare. Meanwhile, bluescreen is a meme.

7. You know, optimization's a thing right? If you don't have to spend resources supporting the amalgamation of hardware that is Windows, you can optimize heavily for Mac... The difference between Final Cut render times vs. Premiere when on the same machine are ridiculous.

8. In general, mentioning accessories is weird, because that's device specific. Most 1st-party devices get a ton of accessories, the Surface line being a good example.

9. I think you don't get it. All the spyware Microsoft does, the ads in the start menu, the "please keep using our browser" thing... Sure, you CAN remove it in a few clicks... But that's quite a bit of work to get rid of ALL of it, and nevermind if you're a soccer mom who doesn't even know that's an option.

YOU are the product on Windows. Meanwhile, Apple sells the product, and you are the USER.

10. Yeaa... I agree. Time Machine is awesome sure, but that's offset by MacBook's desire to overheat, sent a short to the ppbus incase of high humidity, and a plethora of other issues.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

lets just be honest the whole macos and ecosystem is a niche market and doesnt even deserve the attention its getting.

its only because linus is in the media industry and media creators prefer mac and hes struggling to provide the mac hardware to his staff. most of his builds use donated hardware from sponsors he cant use that hardware for his mac systems without going to the hackintosh.

otherwise its irrelevant to the rest of us, 

I see a whole lot of opinions and no actual evidence that they are being

misguided, misinformative

on anything.

1. Ok, so what? Those applications are not available on other platforms, so that is a complete non sequitur. You can argue there are good alternatives but whether they are equally good or not is entirely your opinion.
  2. The trackpad itself isn't a software feature but the gestures are. It's one thing to have hardware that recognized multiple touches, it's another to properly map functionality to the different gestures.
  3. Windows 10's search bar is so bad it's actually ridiculous. I had to install a third party launcher to avoid insanity. But again, this is mostly a matter of opinion.
  4. So... they're right, except in your opinion it's not awful.
  5. That is not their point, they're talking about bootcamp which is a software feature for convenient dual booting. Windows offers nothing of the sort, even with different versions of Windows or Linux.
  6. So you have no clue what you're talking about but you still felt you could call LMG out for being misinformative over it. Cool.
  7. Apple makes XCode. Think of it like Visual Studio, except it's completely free if you run macOS. They also make the other software Linus mentioned. It's definitely a selling point of the operating system.
  8. Granted, this is a feature of their devices, not of their operating system. Still not misguided or misinformative because it's true, but I'll give you that it's not exactly a selling point for macOS specifically.
  9. Again, pure opinion.
  10. He literally addressed the inevitable hardware reliability concerns in the first sentence of this point and at the end of the video; did you even watch it? Yes, the hardware isn't particularly reliable, but the software generally is (with some asterisks but still, better than WIndows), which is what they were talking about.

tl;dr I think you're just triggered that Apple is getting any praise on LTT and are grasping at straws to find problems in the video. And this is coming from someone who absolutely loathes almost everything Apple does.

I could sit here for hours explaining why I don't believe their points justify the purchase of an Apple product but that's beside the point - virtually everything they said is verifiably true and most of it is on topic. Your argument is invalid.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, AthrunZ said:

Wow, nice rant there my friend.

You realize the whole video was user submitted reasons, not necessarily the opinions of the LMG crew?

The idea was to explain why MacOS might be better, from the top 10 user submitted reasons... So let's not blame the LMG crew as some kind of apple sellout (let's be real, they only do that for Nvidia ?)

To go on a few of your points - I won't go through them all...

For the organization of desktops, you're not wrong technically, but you do see how it's not necessarily intuitive on windows? The idea is Mac makes it useful and easy, so your average Joe can do it.

For not being able to run Mac in windows, I find this perfectly legitimate. As a Linux user who begrudgingly uses windows when needed, the ability to run my preferred system is Paramount. If my preferred system was MacOS - whether because it's what I'm used to or what I do all my work in - having that fallback is not to be overlooked.

For your final point about backups, this is huge. The argument not to worry about it "unless your hardware is going to fail" is absurd. I can't name a single person I know of who has built something thinking that they'd like it to fail. But these things do happen - that's why there's a whole industry around data recovery. So the ability to make backups flawless, simple and easy enough for the average Joe to use is amazing, and has definitely saved many, many headaches.

I know that they were doing it off user-submitted reasons, but LMG is definitely being one-sided. This video is a joke and that is my point. I bet money that most people on both platforms do not know how and do not use the multiple desktop feature. Power users learn or figured it out, but the average user is very, very tech-illiterate. Also, the OS thing is definitely not a selling point for MacOS. Could you imagine if an automaker came out saying that you can run a virtualized instance of another automakers infotainment system on their infotainment system? What if Apple came out and said that you could run virtualized Android on iOS? It is an absurd selling point. I am not discounting backups and I agree that Windows built-in system of backups is bad, but I find it ironic that people are so incredibly worried about time machine when they could get on Apple to make reliable and user-repairable hardware. I recently had to disassemble and repaste my Xbox One X and I would have loved it to be easier and not require like 30+ Torx bit screws. Regardless, I still believe this video has very few decent points and is a total joke to LMG and their entire community.

2 hours ago, tech.guru said:

lets just be honest the whole macos and ecosystem is a niche market and doesnt even deserve the attention its getting.

its only because linus is in the media industry and media creators prefer mac and hes struggling to provide the mac hardware to his staff. most of his builds use donated hardware from sponsors he cant use that hardware for his mac systems without going to the hackintosh.

otherwise its irrelevant to the rest of us, 

Linus Media Group easily has enough money to fund their own systems and they have lots of sponsors and donated hardware. I don't think this video is going to win over anybody from Apple's corporate office and get them to start sending free stuff. Journalists to my knowledge always pay for Apple products to review and that should be an issue except that they don't care because people want the content and Apple knows they can make extra money by not giving them shit for free or review.

Storage (Secondary): 2x Seagate 4TB SSHD (yes, really, solid-state hybrid drives in 2023)

40 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I see a whole lot of opinions and no actual evidence that they are being

on anything.

1. Ok, so what? Those applications are not available on other platforms, so that is a complete non sequitur. You can argue there are good alternatives but whether they are equally good or not is entirely your opinion.
  2. The trackpad itself isn't a software feature but the gestures are. It's one thing to have hardware that recognized multiple touches, it's another to properly map functionality to the different gestures.
  3. Windows 10's search bar is so bad it's actually ridiculous. I had to install a third party launcher to avoid insanity. But again, this is mostly a matter of opinion.
  4. So... they're right, except in your opinion it's not awful.
  5. That is not their point, they're talking about bootcamp which is a software feature for convenient dual booting. Windows offers nothing of the sort, even with different versions of Windows or Linux.
  6. So you have no clue what you're talking about but you still felt you could call LMG out for being misinformative over it. Cool.
  7. Apple makes XCode. Think of it like Visual Studio, except it's completely free if you run macOS. They also make the other software Linus mentioned. It's definitely a selling point of the operating system.
  8. Granted, this is a feature of their devices, not of their operating system. Still not misguided or misinformative because it's true, but I'll give you that it's not exactly a selling point for macOS specifically.
  9. Again, pure opinion.
  10. He literally addressed the inevitable hardware reliability concerns in the first sentence of this point and at the end of the video; did you even watch it? Yes, the hardware isn't particularly reliable, but the software generally is (with some asterisks but still, better than WIndows), which is what they were talking about.

tl;dr I think you're just triggered that Apple is getting any praise on LTT and are grasping at straws to find problems in the video. And this is coming from someone who absolutely loathes almost everything Apple does.

I could sit here for hours explaining why I don't believe their points justify the purchase of an Apple product but that's beside the point - virtually everything they said is verifiably true and most of it is on topic. Your argument is invalid.

My argument definitely isn't invalid because you think I am "triggered" which I am rightfully so because this video is a joke. Let me address a couple of things. For starters, Windows trackpads can be great, but lots of them aren't because the hardware is bad or they use bad drivers. Window's 10 search bar can definitely be 100x better, I agree, but to point it out as if nothing exists on Windows is misleading and misinformative. As I said, #4 is annoying, but it is by no means hard, quit the whining you lazy rats and just download the program, not difficult at all unless you don't know anything about computers. Also, MacOS not being able to be dual booted on Windows or Linux is not their fault, it is Apple's fault and the fact that they will sue, it is not a feature and Apple obviously doesn't endorse it. As for #6, I definitely do, but whatever, I wasn't calling the entire video misinformation, I was calling parts misinformative. For #7, I understand that, but I was referring to the other pieces mentioned, this part should be renamed to "first-party software" and they should drop the parallels part. I think #8 is misguided because it has nothing to do with MacOS and other devices have tons of accessories too from first-party. I would argue anyone who buys Apple's first-party accessories is a sucker. #9 is not just an opinion, I agree, but it is whiny. Apple definitely gets more money of out users from things like iCloud, the App Store, and first-party accessories or overpriced repairs. #10 he said he wasn't glossing over it, but he literally glossed right over it. The hardware issues are EXTREMELY important and Apple's Mac machines are anything but reliable.

2 hours ago, Morata said:

3. This one is half-correct. Windows has the search option, easily accessible via Windows Key + S, and it works, just not as good. I was able to successfully complete 2 out of the 3 tasks displayed on screen that the video had showed off as a MacOS feature. Image #1: 1133915131_Screenshot(59).png.5f9367f4b886490d7a938c252126ea79.png Image #2: 272274956_Screenshot(60).png.27f2f63d71b412b7a8a684bf0733e4bd.png

Technically, you're correct, but not everyone around the world can do this. I can't because either from where I am, or due to Google and Google Chrome being my defaults, or Cortana not being enabled, I tried to replicate the units and measurements feature on my Search and it's basically blank.

Anyway all these kinds of stuff I just slap them on my Chrome address bar since I'm more into the Google ecosystem (all-Android, single family account)

No hate here though, everyone should have an opinion.

Screenshot (3).png

pOG

apple macos will always be a niche product. it can continue to overcharge for its hardware because a select amount of people will buy but it will never achieve the market share of windows.

29 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Apple itself is an outright joke.

Let's not forget the $999 "Pro" monitor stand that's just a bent piece of metal worth $20 at max.

its worth really what people will pay....and some people will pay that so i guess its worth $999.

i just dont see the reason to spend so much time talking about a product that occupies such a small amount of the market.

3 hours ago, Morata said:

1. ... iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud features not available on non-Apple platforms could easily be added to those platforms ... copy and paste on different platforms ... Windows has this feature, it is just a little hidden ...

3. ... Windows has the search option ... and it works, just not as good ...

4. I agree that it is annoying that Office isn't preinstalled on Windows devices ...

6. ... if you cared about UNIX, Linux is always available ...

7. ... Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro can surely be placed on Windows, but it isn't ...

9. ... Only then does Microsoft make you click 1 extra time to confirm you don't want ... Microsoft Edge ....

10. ... Windows backup could be better ...

Sounds like you agree with many of the points made in the video /s

Calm down, this video is part of a series which has already covered iOS and Android, Windows is almost certainly next. Maybe go check out the thread which precluded this video and read the much more in depth explanations of the different features and why they're better because much of your information is incorrect.

"THE WORST"

QHmUmuaY6Tg-1.jpg

// i'm sorry that is how i read the title as lol

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Just because I'm picky about things, I want to point out that Linux is not Unix OS, it is a Unix-like OS. MacOS on the other hand is a true Unix OS and is registered under Unix 03 (full compliance). So you aren't necessarily able to use Linux if you are programming for Unix. Just wanted to kind of give a heads up for anyone coming through.

6 hours ago, Morata said:

1. Ecosystem: Apple's ecosystem is great, but lots of this was hardware. iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud features not available on non-Apple platforms could easily be added to those platforms. iMessage would dominate the market if it was available on other platforms. I also find that the copy and paste on different platforms thing to be a little weird as a standout feature considering Windows has this feature, it is just a little hidden and isn't part of the core experience.

so your problem with them pointing out the ecosystem, which you admit is great, is that it was all hardware. Then you mention a bunch of non-hardware mentioned to prove your point...

Then you continue to say that their ecosystem products, which are software btw (at least the ones you're talking about), are so great that if they'd be cross compatible with other platforms, they'd be the best and dominate.

So to summarize, you love apple's ecosystem, their software in the ecosystem is so amazing that it would be the best even outside of their ecosystem, but shame on linus for saying this because it's hardware? I'm very confused on your point here...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

3 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

The video was about macOS and why people like it, why tf are you bringing up Windows?

<snip>

If this is any indication, they'll probably make a "10 ways Windows is just better" video sometime soon.

me whenever I see threads like these:

Spoiler

1641034025_ScreenShot2019-08-05at7_21_12PM.png.d07c6c9ecc3732c0b1cfe5e32a4580c4.png

(as well James did say they were doing a Windows video when he was collecting information for this video)

6 minutes ago, floofer said:

(as well James did say they were doing a Windows video when he was collecting information for this video)

I won't be surprised if the OP never saw that.

6 hours ago, Morata said:

I know that they were doing it off user-submitted reasons, but LMG is definitely being one-sided.

What did you expect? It's a video about macOS, not Windows or whatever. He was showing what Mac users love most about macOS, he wasn't necessarily saying that macOS does those things better (even though it does do some things better, like the ecosystem, which is basically the only reason I can see someone using a Mac).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

oh look, another thread about a video like this. the exact same thing happened when they released the why iPhone is better etc.

as @kelvinhall05 stated, the purpose of the video is "why MacOS is Better" why would they show things that are not as good as <OS> when they are pointing out what is better?

will you also complain the video is one-sided when they make the "Why Windows is Better"?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

will you also complain the video is one-sided when they make the "Why Windows is Better"?

Obviously he will come here and admit he was wrong, because people love admitting they are wrong

/s

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

7 hours ago, N1G3L.L0K3 said:

Technically, you're correct, but not everyone around the world can do this. I can't because either from where I am, or due to Google and Google Chrome being my defaults, or Cortana not being enabled, I tried to replicate the units and measurements feature on my Search and it's basically blank.

Anyway all these kinds of stuff I just slap them on my Chrome address bar since I'm more into the Google ecosystem (all-Android, single family account)

No hate here though, everyone should have an opinion.

-snip-

This is exactly my experience with windows search in general.

It tries, but fails and for some reason mine is so broken right now i can't even enter anything in the search bar.

Back when it did work and I wanted to search for windows updates, when I typed "updates" it had no results, but if I typed "upda" it did find windows updates.

Like, that's very broken, obviously and for some reason it has been like this for as long as I used W10...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 hours ago, Morata said:

For starters, Windows trackpads can be great, but lots of them aren't because the hardware is bad or they use bad drivers. Window's 10 search bar can definitely be 100x better, I agree, but to point it out as if nothing exists on Windows is misleading and misinformative. As I said, #4 is annoying, but it is by no means hard, quit the whining you lazy rats and just download the program, not difficult at all unless you don't know anything about computers. Also, MacOS not being able to be dual booted on Windows or Linux is not their fault, it is Apple's fault and the fact that they will sue, it is not a feature and Apple obviously doesn't endorse it. As for #6, I definitely do, but whatever, I wasn't calling the entire video misinformation, I was calling parts misinformative. For #7, I understand that, but I was referring to the other pieces mentioned, this part should be renamed to "first-party software" and they should drop the parallels part. I think #8 is misguided because it has nothing to do with MacOS and other devices have tons of accessories too from first-party. I would argue anyone who buys Apple's first-party accessories is a sucker. #9 is not just an opinion, I agree, but it is whiny. Apple definitely gets more money of out users from things like iCloud, the App Store, and first-party accessories or overpriced repairs. #10 he said he wasn't glossing over it, but he literally glossed right over it. The hardware issues are EXTREMELY important and Apple's Mac machines are anything but reliable.

Again these are just arguments to not buy Apple despite their points, nothing they said is wrong or misleading. I don't think you know what "misguided" and "misinformative" mean to be honest.

8 hours ago, Morata said:

My argument definitely isn't invalid because you think I am "triggered" which I am rightfully so because this video is a joke.

The argument isn't invalid because you are triggered, it's invalid because you're just wrong and I told you why point by point.

7 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Just because I'm picky about things, I want to point out that Linux is not Unix OS, it is a Unix-like OS. MacOS on the other hand is a true Unix OS and is registered under Unix 03 (full compliance). So you aren't necessarily able to use Linux if you are programming for Unix. Just wanted to kind of give a heads up for anyone coming through.

Though to be completely fair those situations are quite rare nowadays. Still, POSIX compliance is a plus and something Linux doesn't always offer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, Sauron said:

Though to be completely fair those situations are quite rare nowadays. Still, POSIX compliance is a plus and something Linux doesn't always offer.

Ya, I was more so just pointing it out so others that might not know better will possibly have a better understanding that there is a difference. I don't even want to get into SUSv4 compliance as then Solaris 11.4 is all you have.

12 hours ago, samcool55 said:

This is exactly my experience with windows search in general.

It tries, but fails and for some reason mine is so broken right now i can't even enter anything in the search bar.

Back when it did work and I wanted to search for windows updates, when I typed "updates" it had no results, but if I typed "upda" it did find windows updates.

Like, that's very broken, obviously and for some reason it has been like this for as long as I used W10...

Haha, exactly this. It works sometimes, but most of the times Windows search is strange. Indeed my most common issue is with two letters what I want is top suggestions, but the more letters I add the further from the truth it gets lol.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Office isn't included in Windows because it would trigger anti monopoly stuff ... think all the hassle about Windows and media players and Windows and Internet Explorer ... releasing Windows N versions (without media player selected by default) and offering users to choose a web browser at installation.

Apple can bundle things because it doesn't have such a large piece of the market when it comes to operating systems.

I guess Microsoft could bundle LibreOffice or offer it as a choice besides Office 365 or some discounted version/trial version of Office and then everyone would be happy.

Making Windows Search better would also involve connection to internet ... unless they make a huge database of phrases and variations to catch stuff like "500ml to ounces" and variations like this...

How many people would complain if the windows search is bundled with bing to get you these features, and you can't change bing to google or duck duck go or whatever?

20 hours ago, Caroline said:

Apple itself is an outright joke.

Let's not forget the $999 "Pro" monitor stand that's just a bent piece of metal worth $20 at max.

$999 is not that much when you look at a fully-speced Mac Pro

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :)