AMD's new Radeon RX 3080 XT: RTX 2070 performance for $330?

Message added by WkdPaul

It's completely fine to disagree and have a different point of view.

But please construct your arguments thoughtfully and without ad-hominem, antagonizing or passive-aggressive comments.

Oh wow, fuck me. Fuck me sideways...

9 minutes ago, System32.exe said:

Cars and computer hardware are two totally different markets.

Not totally different. People still have a tendency to buy from the auto maker that they think makes the best offerings, if they can afford it.

That's a huge reason Ford and Ram are going at each other with their diesel trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not totally different. People still have a tendency to buy from the auto maker that they think makes the best offerings, if they can afford it.

That's a huge reason Ford and Ram are going at each other with their diesel trucks.

but its still completely different market

on tech it seems like many follow the company that has the best tech out in their area no matter what others offer

6 minutes ago, pas008 said:

on tech it seems like many follow the company that has the best tech out in their area no matter what others offer

You're the sort of people who didn't buy Pirelli tires because they were shit in F1. And you're probably the kind of people who buy GTX 1650 because NVIDIA makes the best high end cards, that actually have absolutely nothing to do with performance or value of low or mid end cards... But whatever floats your boat. And your wallet. We used to call such people fanboys, I guess terminology changed in the meanwhile...

3 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You're the sort of people who didn't buy Pirelli tires because they were shit in F1. And you're probably the kind of people who buy GTX 1650 because NVIDIA makes the best high end cards, that actually have absolutely nothing to do with performance or value of low or mid end cards... But whatever floats your boat. And your wallet. We used to call such people fanboys, I guess terminology changed in the meanwhile...

here read this again

seriously

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

bolded key areas for you

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Same basic principles apply.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Nope, the car analogies just don't work. The only aspect you could even compare is that car companies usually have their own halo tier performance or luxury vehicle as brand marketing to show consumers they can make the best. Not sure why people want AMD to have the best CPU around yet are fine with them having the second best GPU's, that totally isn't biased.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Same basic principles apply.

no they dont

with that logic you would say the company that makes the best apple will sell the most apples

or the company that makes the best jeans, shoes, etc will sell the most

tech is about bleeding edge

top power top performance top whatever and people trend to those

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Something I cannot explain.

Because at the end of the day the average person isn't tech savvy enough to really understand the entirety of the market or the product stacks that exist in it. So instead, they do something like "best GPU 2019", see Nvidia at the top and then just go with whatever is within their budget. Or they see there friend(s) with 1080ti/2080tis, who always buy the best of the best and assume that Nvidia then must also make the best at whatever level they're looking to buy at.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

You're the sort of people who didn't buy Pirelli tires because they were shit in F1.

I buy Bridgestone because they are the only ones that make the size for my wheels and are the OEM for that matter. There isn't anyone that makes and sells (in my country) 225/50 R18 for my front wheels, 245/45 R18 for the rear is super easy everyone makes those.

1 minute ago, 79wjd said:

Because at the end of the day the average person isn't tech savvy enough to really understand the entirety of the market or the product stacks that exist in it. So instead, they do something like "best GPU 2019", see Nvidia at the top and then just go with whatever is within their budget. Or they see there friend(s) with 1080ti/2080tis, who always buy the best of the best and assume that Nvidia then must also make the best at whatever level they're looking to buy at.

exactly bandwagon the "bleeding edge top company"

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Unlike a car generally speaking far more people have a hope of buying the halo thing. I will never, ever be able to buy a 'hyper car' let alone a basic 'super car'.

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Not sure why people want AMD to have the best CPU around yet are fine with them having the second best GPU's, that totally isn't biased.

thanks for pointing that out, AMD still doesnt have the best CPU but their mid range started selling really well. guess why? price...

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Just like the car industry.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Nope, the car analogies just don't work. The only aspect you could even compare is that car companies usually have their own halo tier performance or luxury vehicle as brand marketing to show consumers they can make the best. Not sure why people want AMD to have the best CPU around yet are fine with them having the second best GPU's, that totally isn't biased.

You just don't get it do you? For me, a person who actually buys top tier products too, yeah it kinda matters, because I'm actually on a lookout for those products. The funny ones are those who endlessly whine about top tier products and how company "doesn't have them" or "can't make them" yet they never consider them or actually buy them. Why the fuck are you even loud about then when you can't even afford them to begin with? They literally make whole range for people like this who are actually the majority of sales.

When I wanted a high end card I just looked at the product stack. AMD didn't have one at the time so I bought NVIDIA. If AMD will have one again, I'll consider them again too. I don't go on endless crusades to bitch over AMD. But when we were picking affordable graphic card for a relative who wasn't willing to pay 800€ for a graphic card, we picked RX580. Because guess what, AMD does have cards for the masses and they are very good options. But if you're a fanboy who goes with NVIDIA regardless or because their top of the line cards are the best (and that fact has nothing to do with lower tier products), then be "that" guy. I frankly don't care, but it's stupid.

3 minutes ago, Neftex said:

thanks for pointing that out, AMD still doesnt have the best CPU but their mid range started selling really well. guess why? price...

Not exactly. AMD is competitive in all brackets and while Intel has the single threaded lead, AMD has the multithreaded lead.

Unicorns don't sell products; stallions do. Having the best that is practically nonexistent in the market doesn't get buyers on board. A halo product needs to not only be the best, but it needs to actually have a presence in the market (and thus in the minds of buyers at all levels).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Just like the car industry.

what does a soccer mom or work truck have to do with bleeding edge?

wow just wow

different markets with different perspectives period

21 minutes ago, Neftex said:

And you're still missing the point, while the mid range stuff sells "well enough" it clearly isn't making them much money with Navi apparently being based on GCN. AMD has high end Threadripper CPU's, they need to have a high end GPU to gain marketshare.

what does a soccer mom or work truck have to do with bleeding edge?

wow just wow

different markets with different perspectives period

They buy from the company they think has the best product. Not the best product FOR them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

10 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

They buy from the company they think has the best product. Not the best product FOR them.

exactly they arent buying because they are leading edge

lol way different markets by far

exactly they arent buying because they are leading edge

lol way different markets by far

It's literally the same thing happening. The ONLY difference is that there are only 2 major GPU vendors.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I’ll wait for Sapphire to make one with blue LEDs

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's literally the same thing happening. The ONLY difference is that there are only 2 major GPU vendors.

no you have mpg, passenger capacity, hauling, credit, etc to account for in purchasing

way different markets by far its not even close

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

no you have mpg, passenger capacity, hauling, credit,

Fps in different API, hardware accelerators, VRAM, FP16/32/64, etc. to account for.

3 minutes ago, pas008 said:

way different markets by far its not even close

And yet the same thing happens.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Fps in different API, hardware accelerators, VRAM, FP16/32/64, etc. to account for.

And yet the same thing happens.

no not teh average consumer lol