LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Could someone fill me in on the whole game-package slash "buying the game... Essentially, what does it mean to "buy the game"? I know there are packages to purchase different ships for varying prices, but I read that it will also be available to "purchase the game for $60". Could someone give me the low-down because it's all a bit confusing?

From what I understand when the game releases for $60 you will get what is the Aurora MR package now ($30).  So you can pledge $30 now and wait for the game or wait for the game and buy it for $60.

If you pledge now and want to play with it now you have to get at least the Aurora MG+ package ($40) and the Arena Commander pass ($5).  This $45 will get you access to the hangar with your ship now, the arena commander dog fighting module coming out soon (supposed to release the 28th but delayed) and access to the beta when that roles out.  I think it does give you access to other modules as they are released as well (planet side and FPS).  Just to make things more interesting you can purchase other ship packages to start out with instead of the Aurora MR.  Remember if you do want to pledge for the full game now make sure you buy a ship package and not an individual ship; for example the Aurora MR+ package is $40 but the Aurora MR ship alone is $25.  Top wrap it up you can also buy a ship package then add on individual ships or even buy multiple packages and have multiple characters you can play.

The new 10 For The Chairman is up now and Chris is wearing an Arena Commander shirt ._.

Also, an organisation reputation system has been confirmed.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I've been F5'ing the SC subreddit for about an hour now since that tweet by Ben Lesnick... ;_; PLS GIVE AC

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

The new 10 For The Chairman is up now and Chris is wearing an Arena Commander shirt ._.

Also, an organisation reputation system has been confirmed.

Yeah it will be good for us to raise our reputation. As we don't mass spam invites we can take advantage of this. 

I've been F5'ing the SC subreddit for about an hour now since that tweet by Ben Lesnick... ;_; PLS GIVE AC

tweet link?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Just saw that and got super sad

Come to think of it, I think they've said the base ships will be the Aurora and something else. So that makes me wonder (assuming you don't do Squadron 42) what happens in regard to you getting a ship? I can only guess either you get it free or one loaned to ya that ya then pay off, or by some other means. Otherwise AFAIK the only point of the basic packages are the free docking access at the home base as well as the LTI.

-This space intentionally left blank-

Come to think of it, I think they've said the base ships will be the Aurora and something else. So that makes me wonder (assuming you don't do Squadron 42) what happens in regard to you getting a ship? I can only guess either you get it free or one loaned to ya that ya then pay off, or by some other means. Otherwise AFAIK the only point of the basic packages are the free docking access at the home base as well as the LTI.

Well if you have pledged now and have got a ship then you will get tha at the start no matter if you play S42 or not. At launch there are several possibilities. One option is that a ship is included with the retail game so basically everyone will get a ship. Or if that is not the case after you finish S42 you should have a substantial amount of money, enough to buy you one of the basic ships such as the aurora. If you decide not to do S42 then you might have to work for hire for a bit in order to make enough money.

So to recap: if you have pledged you will get the ship included with you package. If you buy at launch either: 1. A ship is included, 2. You can play S42 to earn some money and buy a ship or 3, you will have to work for hire in the 'verse to earn some money and buy the ship.

Now I'm just guessing here cause I don't think anything has been confirmed but those scenarios seem quite probable. This is actually a good question to as in 10 for the Chairman if any subscriber here wants to do that.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

the base ships are the aurora and the mustang.

if you go with a base pledge now, you get an Aurora, later, ie after release, if you buy the game you will get eiter a base aurora or mustang on completeing S42. The pricing on release is currently not set atm.

Anyone thinking of swapping the aurora for the mustang still?

I was but changed my mind

I think I still will. That, or I will have both.

Why did you change your mind?

I think I still will. That, or I will have both.

Why did you change your mind?

Spending to much time with it in the hanger. But the extra cargo haulage upgrade and it's got a real sexy top profile.

Guess I see the hornet as a spitfire and the aurora as the hurricane

Ya the Mustang has no upgrade slots i think the aurora will be better.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Ya the Mustang has no upgrade slots i think the aurora will be better.

They will balance it out, as long as the don't go paper rock scissor on it I'm happy.

post-29966-ITS-HAPPENING-gif-Ron-Paul-HD

us...

code-11.gif

sorry but i cannot contain myself

Its out?

-snip-

But I'm off to bed

no, but ben posted a warning that installing AC deletes all your hangar screenshots, so everybody is losing it (myself included) because of it 

no, but ben posted a warning that installing AC deletes all your hangar screenshots, so everybody is losing it (myself included) because of it

Posted Image

(FYI animated gifs means I'm excited too)

Nothing official as of now and I realised that it was a post from yesterday.

Nonetheless, exciting times are ahead.

Nothing official as of now and I realised that it was a post from yesterday.

Nonetheless, exciting times are ahead.

no its recent you posted it, like an hour after he posted it, maybe enough time to be yesterday since your in europe