Fan hides logo of motherboard

Askingquestions

Hi,

I've attached picture, as you can see i've marked where asus logo is hidden due to fan as i'll be using H500 so there's not much i can change except fans or anything you suggest, if changing fans would solve the issue then kindly suggest a aura sync compatible fan if possible otherwise its okay.

(Not my build but will be building same)

H500.jpg

you really do do your name justice, welcome to the forum, but pls don't post the topic in every subsection it can possibly fit, just use the most fitting one.
I suggest buying a slimmer fan, that might do the trick for the most part. There are some that are half the thickness of the normal fans, though performance of them is not on par with the one you got there

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Haha, i'm sorry guys, i was little confused from which subsection i would get more attention, i chose to post on all relevant subsection.

Apologies for it,

@19_blackie_73 i'm unable to find a slimmer one, would be thankful if you can suggest any, and if rgb then would be really thanfkul if it would be aura sync.

Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, Askingquestions said:

Haha, i'm sorry guys, i was little confused from which subsection i would get more attention, i chose to post on all relevant subsection.

Apologies for it,

@19_blackie_73 i'm unable to find a slimmer one, would be thankful if you can suggest any, and if rgb then would be really thanfkul if it would be aura sync.

Thanks again!

https://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=2D01-248&APID=117&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInNHYs-mq4QIVw-AYCh0SOQPeEAQYAyABEgIfmPD_BwE

https://www.amazon.de/Noctua-NF-A12x15-FLX-Slim-120mm-Premium-Lüfter/dp/B071J8BZ8S

https://www.amazon.de/SilverStone-SST-FN123-geräuscharmer-mm-Hochleistungs-Gehäuselüfter-schwarz-weiss/dp/B00NXVEM7U/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CA22QAF1WT5FKRJMMQDP

these are the ones I found with a quick search, just google for "slim fan"

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, RobFRaschke said:

Is the exact same logo on top of your video card really not enough?

Way to be helpful.

@Askingquestions  I'm not sure you're gonna find any slim solutions that will satisfy you.  How would you feel about putting that fan on the outside rear instead of the inside of the case.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

You could mount the fan outside of the case and buy a fan grill so nothing gets caught in it.

As seen here:

image.png.475efcd7bf7eb1a49b905cced3d254bb.png

Tbh I wouldn't worry about it, but to each their own...

~Air Cooling Advocate~

17 minutes ago, nick name said:

Way to be helpful.

@Askingquestions  I'm not sure you're gonna find any slim solutions that will satisfy you.  How would you feel about putting that fan on the outside rear instead of the inside of the case.

I'll be the first one to admit that RGB vomit is not my cup of tea, but putting a fan sticking out the back has to be worse looking that not quite being able to see the whole logo on the motherboard. And come on, it's the exact same logo like 5 inches to the right, and that one is bigger. And it's cutting off what, an eighth of the logo? Reason must have a voice here somewhere.

2 minutes ago, RobFRaschke said:

I'll be the first one to admit that RGB vomit is not my cup of tea, but putting a fan sticking out the back has to be worse looking that not quite being able to see the whole logo on the motherboard. And come on, it's the exact same logo like 5 inches to the right, and that one is bigger. And it's cutting off what, an eighth of the logo? Reason must have a voice here somewhere.

Aesthetics aren't governed by reason.  If you have a significant other -- would you appreciate someone criticizing their choice of mate because someone didn't like your appearance?  So your opinion wasn't asked for or a contribution to the thread.  Also, if you would have read the OP then you would know that was a picture of someone else's build.  

And my suggestion about installing the fan on the outside of the case might look odd, but as someone below my post shared -- it doesn't look terrible in all instances.    

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Please refrain form making multiple threads of the same topic. As suggest a thin fan at 15mm would work if you want it see the logo for aesthetic reasons. 

-Multiple Threads Merged- 

Hello Everyone,

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind suggestions.

@W-L Will it hurt the performance in any means? also will it be okay if rear is different fan and top is different? Cause i would go for same company/item for anything that is going to be used twice, i hope you may got me. like using both 15mm fans wouldn't hurt performance? if not then i'm going for it!

@nick name Thanks sir!!! much appreciated same question goes to you aswell that i've ased to W-L.

2 minutes ago, Askingquestions said:

Hello Everyone,

@W-L Will it hurt the performance in any means? also will it be okay if rear is different fan and top is different? Cause i would go for same company/item for anything that is going to be used twice, i hope you may got me. like using both 15mm fans wouldn't hurt performance? if not then i'm going for it!

@nick name Thanks sir!!! much appreciated same question goes to you aswell that i've ased to W-L.

You should be able to compare fan specs when you shop.  If they aren't on the site selling the fans then check the manufacturer's site for specs.  All fans are different, but the differences can be marginal and only relevant on paper.  

I would avoid a slim fan as you'll really cut down on your airflow, mount the fan externally and remove the case grill to un-restrict the airflow.

38 minutes ago, Askingquestions said:

Hello Everyone,

As said the performance impact will be very little and you can vary the speed of the fan as required for your needed rate of exhaust. 15mm fans don't usually perform as well as their 25mm counterparts especially in pressure applications but in this case as an exhaust it's not very restrictive. 

9 hours ago, Askingquestions said:

Hi,

I've attached picture, as you can see i've marked where asus logo is hidden due to fan as i'll be using H500 so there's not much i can change except fans or anything you suggest, if changing fans would solve the issue then kindly suggest a aura sync compatible fan if possible otherwise its okay.

(Not my build but will be building same)

The Corsair ML120 Pro rgb are Asus aura sync compatible.

@StarsMars Seems like it is not Aura Sync, aswell as 25mm thick.

I couldn't find any aura sync compatible fan which is 15mm thick also can't find any solution which helps showing full logo without altering much.

Hi,

Fan hides motherboard of logo, any solution without putting the fan outside or using 15mm fan? If any then would be really very thankful.

I tried to do the both things but seems like 15mm fans are not that powerful as H500 has only 2 fans eg Top and Rear that's why i'm not willing to use 15mm fan.

Let me know if using 25mm fan but of different manufacturer would work like it may help in any way? If yes then would be thankful if you'll recommend aura sync compatible fans.

PS: Not my build but will be building almost same.

H500.thumb.jpg.8ded100b29ac3eb3f1734c0abeabcc57.jpg

remove the fan or use much smaller ones, no other solution apart from those you ruled out.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Place fan to top. And please don't repost threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You don't even need a rear fan.

The front ones already are enough to push air through.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

19 minutes ago, Askingquestions said:

Hi,

Fan hides motherboard of logo, any solution without putting the fan outside or using 15mm fan? If any then would be really very thankful.

I tried to do the both things but seems like 15mm fans are not that powerful as H500 has only 2 fans eg Top and Rear that's why i'm not willing to use 15mm fan.

Let me know if using 25mm fan but of different manufacturer would work like it may help in any way? If yes then would be thankful if you'll recommend aura sync compatible fans.

PS: Not my build but will be building almost same.

Well, I mean, given that the laws of physics only bend so far, I'd have to say that no. There's not really a solution outside of using a 15mm fan. If your case has a top mount, you could use that and leave the rear mount open.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Well, I mean, given that the laws of physics only bend so far, I'd have to say that no. There's not really a solution outside of using a 15mm fan. If your case has a top mount, you could use that and leave the rear mount open.

Why wouldn't my idea work?