My parents do not understand, please help.

Karameloo96

So i was scrolling the internet searching for decently speced gaming pc and found a 

i5-8400 with a gtx 1070ti for 1000$ but my parents wont let me buy it because they have the embedded idea in their mind that the i5 is not just bad for gaming but is outright useless and that it cant run any game 

so can some plz give an argument with wich i can convince them to let me buy it

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

if they think i5 is useless, ask them get to get you an i9 rig, abuse their ignorance

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

They sortoff have a point, but anyway for this budget i really suggest looking at amd (r5 2600 or something) or wait till the summer when zen 2 launches

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

I mean you can build a PC thats a little less powerful but still really great for 1080p gaming for ~$600-$700 USD.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

it kind of feels like they want an excuse not to buy you a PC at this time (or maybe they're hardcore AMD fans?) 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

So they don't want to buy you any PC or just not i5?
Your money or theirs?

I feel as though we're probably not being told the whole picture here
as in their parents might have said something more reasonable but it was translated to this for us to read

35 minutes ago, MPenten said:

So they don't want to buy you any PC or just not i5?
Your money or theirs?

if it's their money they should buy op a lawn mower and tell them to go earn the i5. lol

Why you calling your parents brain-dead? That's very rude. Rather than coming on the internet and insulting them on the internet, go speak to them and tell them correct information. Kids these days are so entitled and spoiled.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Before coffeelake I would agree, things changed with the i5 8xxxx.

The i5 8000 series is super solid as a gaming rig base.

I don’t like taking advantage of people but if you can’t change their mind then maybe wait until you find an affordable alternative.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

if they think i5 is useless, ask them get to get you an i9 rig, abuse their ignorance

This

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I'm more willing to bet what happened was you suggested that they buy this machine , but were not able to explain well enough why they should buy it.

I'm expecting that they wanted a compelling argument as to why their 1000$ should be spent in this way , and you didn't deliver. So when they asked something simple like why not an i7 for 1000$ you weren't able to convey why in a way they understood.

If you're going to ask someone for 1000$ you gotta have quite a good explanation and assurance that they are doing the right thing or they aren't going to give you a dime.

14 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

They sortoff have a point, but anyway for this budget i really suggest looking at amd (r5 2600 or something) or wait till the summer when zen 2 launches

They have no point at all, as Levent said, if one wants to be so stupid, one can simply take advantage of stupidity.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

If they think an i5 is shit my mind is unable to find proper words for what they must think of AMD

Imagine an Intel fanboy but 10 times more radical

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, BetterThanLife said:

They have no point at all, as Levent said, if one wants to be so stupid, one can simply take advantage of stupidity.

Taking advantage of parents is not something I agree with, but i meant that I agree with them not letting op buy the pc. I5 is indeed fine for gaming, but i think there are better options for the price

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

2 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

keep in mind , we actually have no idea what they said

Just now, TheThymo said:

Taking advantage of parents is not something I agree with, but i meant that I agree with them not letting op buy the pc. I5 is indeed fine for gaming, but i think there are better options for the price

Subjective, mine were real abusive people, but for the OP they seem good.

In fact yes, morally what i said is messed up, don't take advantage of people, taking advantage of bad people... depends.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

1 minute ago, BetterThanLife said:

Subjective, mine were real abusive people, but for the OP they seem good.

In fact yes, morally what i said is messed up, don't take advantage of people, taking advantage of bad people... depends.

Fair enough xD

Even if someone is abusive, there is no right in "stealing". Sure, you can use something like this to your advantage, but you cannot misuse it, I think.

9 hours ago, emosun said:

I'm more willing to bet what happened was you suggested that they buy this machine , but were not able to explain well enough why they should buy it.

I'm expecting that they wanted a compelling argument as to why their 1000$ should be spent in this way , and you didn't deliver. So when they asked something simple like why not an i7 for 1000$ you weren't able to convey why in a way they understood.

If you're going to ask someone for 1000$ you gotta have quite a good explanation and assurance that they are doing the right thing or they aren't going to give you a dime.

1-Well i know that whatever i’m gonna say you guys are not gonna believe it but what really happened is :

i have 600$ in savings and my parents where willing to help pay the rest it was all going well until they asked mu neighbor who sells computers for a living and then he told them that this is not a good build (because of the i5) and that he would find us a better one

2-The problem with the builds that you guys suggested is that i live in lebanon so the rtx series here cost more that 500$ so this build that i suggested was really good for its price 

9 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Why you calling your parents brain-dead? That's very rude. Rather than coming on the internet and insulting them on the internet, go speak to them and tell them correct information. Kids these days are so entitled and spoiled.

Yeah you’re right i was just really angry when i was writing this 

i shouldnt have said that

10 hours ago, Karameloo96 said:

So i was scrolling the internet searching for decently speced gaming pc and found a 

i5-8400 with a gtx 1070ti for 1000$ but my parents wont let me buy it because they have the embedded idea in their mind that the i5 is not just bad for gaming but is outright useless and that it cant run any game 

so can some plz give an argument with wich i can convince them to let me buy it

If your parents insists on an i7, get an i7. Why you gonna complain?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, Karameloo96 said:

they asked mu neighbor who sells computers for a living and then he told them that this is not a good build (because of the i5) and that he would find us a better one

Well the build isn't trash but he could probably get you a better deal, maybe you can hire him lol

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well the build isn't trash but he could probably get you a better deal, maybe you can hire him lol

I wouldn't get someone who thinks the 8400 is trash for gaming to build me a PC.   It might just be a miscommunication, however going cheaper with him might leave you with something a lot worse. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.