NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 TI May Feature Maxwell Architecture

According to a report by Sweclockers, NVIDIA is planning to launch their GeForce GTX 750 TI in February. The most surprising thing about the report is that the GeForce GTX 750 Ti will not feature the Kepler architecture, but instead integrate NVIDIA’s latest Maxwell GPU architecture.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti has leaked on several occasions in the past but it was never launched. My best guess would be that NVIDIA canned the card since the GK106 architecture failed to live up to the performance expectations and NVIDIA had to go back to the drawing board. Its still odd of NVIDIA to use the GeForce 700 series branding for the GeForce GTX 750 Ti whereas every new generation of GPU architecture gets a totally brand new naming scheme hence the Maxwell series should have been called GeForce 800 series. NVIDIA is currently using the GeForce 800 series branding on the mobility lineup.

We have been hearing reports that NVIDIA will start up the Maxwell lineup from bottom to top. This means the entry level and mid range cards would arrive first followed by the mainstream and performance tier cards. This could hint at why NVIDIA never launched entry level parts in the GeForce 700 series lineup since the desktop line-up only consists of GeForce GTX 780 Ti, GeForce GTX 780, GeForce GTX 770 and GeForce GTX 760. These are all high-end chips while successor to the GTX 650 Ti, GTX 650 Ti Boost and GTX 660 were never announced. NVIDIA could now launch several entry level Maxwell chips keeping the same branding scheme while launch the GeForce 800 series later when the high-performance chip is ready.

The GeForce GTX 750 Ti is totally based on the Maxwell architecture if the reports are true. It is based on the 28nm architecture since TSMC begins mass production of 20nm chips in Q1 so that’s out the question for now. Maxwell will be the first GPU architecture to feature Unified Virtual Memory which allows the GPU and CPU to share the address space. The hardware level integration helps improves memory management and reduces overhead. In addition to that, Maxwell based GPUs would be the first to integrate the Denver CPU which we saw at NVIDIA’s CES 2014 conference. The custom 64-bit ARM Dual-Core CPU will be fused on the PCB and would enhance the GPGPU workload by shifting load from the CPU on to the custom ARM cores. It will also be useful when running NVIDIA’s next generation FLEX (Unified GPU PhysX) processes.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti.png

Recent reports suggest that the first Maxwell desktop chip would be codenamed GM107/GM117 and would replace the GK106 in terms of performance. The GeForce GTX 750 TI will arrive in February and would replace the GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost for a similar price range.

SOURCE

I might pick up a 750ti

This could be interesting. I don't get the name scheduling, though. It will be as confusing as the R9 series? :P

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

It's going to be slower than the 760 for sure , the name suggests. So no interest for me...

Interested in Business and Technology

i lost the game

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i lost the game

i already lost it a long time ago :( (and how did you get that bronze Contributer badge thing? is it for donating?)

But can someone explain to me what 

Unified Virtual Memory which allows the GPU and CPU to share the address space.

exactly means? ^^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Could this mean the 800 series comes by summer?

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

But can someone explain to me what 

exactly means? ^^

In super simple terms: Shared memory address space means more data can be sent and received over the same amount of time due to decreased overhead on memory, effectively increasing memory performance.

Cheers,

Linus

In super simple terms: Shared memory address space means more data can be sent and received over the same amount of time due to decreased overhead on memory, effectively increasing memory performance.

oh well thanks. I thought it was some weird cpu/gpu memory sharing where you could simply upgrade yor ram which would also be your vram which wouldnt make much sense because ram is super slow (relative to vram).

That sounds like some awesome performance boost at high res, doesnt it?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

So... much more waiting for the 800 series. Well that sucks.

Yea it will be most likely be like last years launch. One card in february, then the rest in late May. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

i already lost it a long time ago :( (and how did you get that bronze Contributer badge thing? is it for donating?)

you can give a monthly donation for linustechtips.com now at : http://linustechtips.com/main/store/

if they still use 28nm then... there is no guarantees that it could be just a old rebrand card instead what they promise ?

I could totally see them do that.
They probably use it to test Maxwell.
Just like AMD did with HD7790 that had True Audio.

RTX2070OC 

Would it be possible to trade in a 2GB 650ti Boost SSC for this card?

I want it.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

This is Nvidia's version of the 7790 Boniare GPU (which was different from the current architecture at the time).

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

It's going to be slower than the 760 for sure , the name suggests. So no interest for me...

well if it is (almost) 760 performance for significantly less I might be interested.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

well if it is (almost) 760 performance for significantly less I might be interested.

I'm not in the market for a new GPU anyway so idc really.

Interested in Business and Technology

you can give a monthly donation for linustechtips.com now at : http://linustechtips.com/main/store/

Your profile pic is awesome. =3

On topic: I don't think this will be the case as Nvidia will be focusing on their new series... surely?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

This could be a marketing thing. Release the low end stuff first then the high end later so they sell as many gtx 700 cards as they can. Maybe even a price cut as well.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..