dog thread

LukeSavenije
4 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I keep hoping that there will finally come a time when phones have REALLY decent cameras as I don't like lugging a big camera around with me. I'll put up with the noisy pictures with no/crap zoom and crappy low light pics if it means I don't have to lug a man bag with me everywhere 🤣

I love the pics, but it's inconvenient for me to have an SLR sized camera 😬

She scaled them smaller, in the originals you could see her in the reflection in the dogs eyes in some of them.

19 hours ago, Bitter said:

She scaled them smaller, in the originals you could see her in the reflection in the dogs eyes in some of them.

Sorry, wasn't about your camera or pics, just a general "hope" that smartphone cameras get much better than they currently are... well the mid-range ones anyway.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

3 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

Sorry, wasn't about your camera or pics, just a general "hope" that smartphone cameras get much better than they currently are... well the mid-range ones anyway.

I didn't think it was? Lol I wish for a functional zoom on a smart phone that's not $1200.

https://youtu.be/gUfDzhDpQQ8

Forest run with the dogs!

I'll try to get a better video next time, maybe I can rig up my old GoPro or something. It's actually an unofficial mountain bike trail, this end is tame but the other end had jumps and little bridges and ramps they are all made by whoever I guess. Totally looks like Gilligan's island made with sticks and junk. GN Steve would love it!

Jaba eating a bone with chicken wraped around it.

IMG-20200605-WA0000.thumb.jpg.1e0e88fbbc0f39704c353499a59b908c.jpg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Here is my dog she is a dog and she does dog things IMG_20200613_211858.thumb.jpg.86a67b20db06ab0dcc7f5b715b601809.jpg

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Here is my dog she is a dog and she does dog things IMG_20200613_211858.thumb.jpg.86a67b20db06ab0dcc7f5b715b601809.jpg

There's a Cat Thread btw:

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Just now, Pascal... said:

There's a Cat Thread btw

Yea I just wanted to post it for the jokes lol 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

487751854_2020-06-1313_05.46_cropped.thumb.jpg.880d124007da3752cd23fab3683ed2b7.jpg

Dink, playing with a balloon for the first time. She was sooo gentle with it too, took her minutes before she popped it accidentally.

Talking of accidents, I clipped her nails the other day, and accidentally clipped her quick... man they bleed a LOT, poor little girl. She didn't even yelp though, just pulled her paw away... we had blood everywhere, she wouldn't let me hold it much to try and staunch the flow. Stopped after about 10-20 mins, and she didn't seem overly bothered by it, she still wanted to play even.

I now have some syptic powder coming in the mail, just in case... but I will be MUCH more cautious in the future. Unfortunately I couldn't see very clearly where the quick was, as she had some mud on her nails... next time it will be bath-time before clipping. I also have a nail file now, so will only clip if they get pretty long, won't go too near again, and then file the nails down to remove rest of the nail, and round it a bit.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

-Snip-

Good thing we don't have to clip the nails on our doggos, they would hate it. Only Jaba needs some maintenance regarding her hair behind her ears sometimes, I usually do that by quickly putting a muzzle on so she doesn't bite me and then just cutting back the hair with a pair of Hairdresser scissors.

21 hours ago, Pascal... said:

Good thing we don't have to clip the nails on our doggos, they would hate it. Only Jaba needs some maintenance regarding her hair behind her ears sometimes, I usually do that by quickly putting a muzzle on so she doesn't bite me and then just cutting back the hair with a pair of Hairdresser scissors.

Dink's problem is more to do with her squirming, and actively trying to escape if we're doing something she doesn't want.... so anything from wearing her walking/driving harness, to trying to clean her ears (we haven't managed it yet). We usually give her treats to keep her mind off what we're doing if we can, but sometimes she has bouts of diarrhoea so we don't treat on those days.

She doesn't mind so much having her nails done now (well up until the other day anyway), she usually sits with my brother holding her, while I clip the nails as fast as possible... within reason of course.

She doesn't seem bothered by her nail anyway, she's been going for walks, playing, sitting with me and trying to "groom" me, which involves licking my head, face, arms and anything else she can get to while I sit on the floor with her.

I'm trying to find a way to bath her in a better way... in the bathtub she stands relatively still as she doesn't like it, and tries to escape whenever she can, so involves 1 person holding her the entire time while someone else washes her... which is a chore! and outside she just squirms and runs away, and then attacks the hose every so often. So neither choice is ideal, LOL. We use the "dry shampoo" spray more often as she doesn't mind us using the brush quite so much, as long as she can play with the brush too every now and then.. which involves biting the handle, throwing it around and rolling on it, so we don't mind that either.

She's growing up now, so is thinking more about certain things, and is checking with us more to see if she's done good/or allowed to do something.Also she's more cautious with other dogs now, she still wags her tail and tries to pull us towards other dogs, but she doesn't try and jump all over them now. She usually stretches towards them slowly when she gets near and sniffs them, and lowers her body, prostrating herself pretty much to try and signify she's not a threat... which is good, less dogs growl at her now at least, LOL. I always ask the owners BTW if it's OK to approach... there's nothing worse than dog owners just letting their dogs near yours without checking, Henry was a nervous dog and would cower and hide behind me when some dogs approached.... or sometimes he'd bark his ass off and try and warn them away. Dink has no problems that way at least, she's happy to see any dogs, and people, and anything else, LOL. :D

Sorry for the wall of text again. I love talking about Dink and how she's doing.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

A bird flew into our living room and quickly made an escape again when he noticed that there were two big doggos:

Video courtesy of my Brother.

23 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

A bird flew into our living room and quickly made an escape again when he noticed that there were two big doggos:

-snip-

Really sleeping on the job there ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 2 weeks later...

The doggos just chillin'

IMG20200706140135.thumb.jpg.fcfe87952f852191e3287f645f27e1fe.jpg

IMG20200706140206.thumb.jpg.7f34a901ef2e12ba9bf159a0e73b6de7.jpg

Hmmm, this photo of Jaba is a bit washed out...

@Real_PhillBert puppy updates?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

@Real_PhillBert puppy updates?

Sorry for the radio silence, it's been a busy few weeks.

Murphy is 46lbs and 4 months old as of yesterday, and sported a super dapper bow tie for the Fourth of July.

20200704-073132.jpg

He's learning really quickly and completely full of energy. He's still pretty dopey looking as he's got GIANT feet, ears and a super long tail, so the rest of his body has to catch up a bit. 

He did destroy his first bed this weekend, but we expected this so only bought a cheapo one for his first bed. I'll have to get a replacement coming because he's a spoiled brat haha. 

Based on how he's growing the vet told us to expect 10-15lbs of weight gain per month for about a year.😲 They're expecting 110-135lbs. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

14 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Murphy is 46lbs and 4 months old as of yesterday, and sported a super dapper bow tie for the Fourth of July.

Spoiler

20200704-073132.jpg

He's learning really quickly and completely full of energy. He's still pretty dopey looking as he's got GIANT feet, ears and a super long tail, so the rest of his body has to catch up a bit. 

He did destroy his first bed this weekend, but we expected this so only bought a cheapo one for his first bed. I'll have to get a replacement coming because he's a spoiled brat haha. 

Based on how he's growing the vet told us to expect 10-15lbs of weight gain per month for about a year.😲 They're expecting 110-135lbs. 

AS the kids say, he did a HECKIN GROW

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

AS the kids say, he did a HECKIN GROW

he's clumbsy as all get out. He's already fallen off the boat once (we were stopped) and off the dock twice. My sister called him "Derpy Murphy" all fourth of july weekend.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@Real_PhillBert  He is really cute, keep the pics coming :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

20200704-073132.jpg

I love those ears!

And maaan he grew.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

2 minutes ago, FakeNSA said:

I love those ears!

And maaan he grew.

Every now and then I see him walking around and think, "WTF happened? You were so small just the other day!" lol

To whom it may concern:

Spooning dog.  

Spoiler

spooning.thumb.jpg.ee41219360208046a8448cdf8bc6b670.jpg

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD