Alien: Blackout, the other non-Diablo mobile game no one asked for...

Ryujin2003

I seriously thought this was clickbait when I first saw the news article....

Lets continue. Thank you whoever decided this would be great, the sequel to Alien: Isolation is finally getting a sequel. Alien: Blackout is coming in the future. A sequel would be awesome, but the future isn't bright at this point.

Instead of taking the more common single player route, players will not be playing the new character in First Person, and instead will follow Amanda Ripley from a new "voyeuristic role".

Alien: Isolation is an amazing game, and naturally I was curious to see what the system specs will be... Well, pretty low actually since it's not coming to consoles or PC. It will be a mobile exclusive.

Fans of the Alien franchise may have been wondering why a series of terrifying motion posters appearing on the anthology’s Instagram account last month, and now we know the reason: a new game, Alien: Blackout is on the way – but it’s not coming to consoles. 

Instead, the game is a mobile title for iOS, and it follows protagonist Amanda Ripley (the daughter of the original film’s protagonist, Ellen Ripley). It carries on from 2014’s Alien: Isolation, and like its predecessor, the new game sees Amanda stuck aboard a Weyland-Yutani space station with a horrifying Xenomorph.

The main difference between the new mobile game and its predecessor is that, instead of first person gameplay, the player takes on a far more voyeuristic role, using the space station’s surveillance system, motion sensors, and holographic map to watch over the crew and its alien invader. 

If you are interested in the game specifics, it looks like it'll be more supervisory fashion. To be honest, it's giving me a more in-depth feel of Lifeline, for those who have played it. Also a mobile game, but not the cash grab kind. In Alien: Blackout, your actions will influence the game and with the other characters in the mobile world.

Developer D3 Go! says that:"Players must rely on the damaged controls of the space station or risk sacrificing crew members to avoid deadly contact, permanently altering the outcome of the game."

Spying on the crew and making decisions that could alter their fate (in potentially horrifying ways), could prove even more gripping that the exciting first person adventure we saw in Alien: Isolation. 

So far, there is no word on an official release date or pricing for Alien: Blackout. So, whether you love the idea or hate it, you will probably have to wait a little while to find out if heading to mobile was a good move.

I'm not very excited. I don't know who is to blame... Fornite? Activision and the future Diablo? Candy Crush? Since when do Mobile Games get this much attention. As a gamer, I do feel let down. I refuse to do any real gaming on my phone. Anything that takes longer than the amount of time to go to the bathroom or wait for a doctors appointment is too long.

Also, with this being on mobile, I fear the cashgrab will be real with this one. I can only imagine that things will probably have the clock timer mechanics built into activities, and you can speed them up by spending in game currency, etc... Not really excited about this, and thought it was another good mobile game that will let down it's playerbase.

I might just be negative Nancy here, but if you agree, disagree, or anything else, lets discuss.

Maybe one day a mobile game will come with a PC companion app....

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/alien-isolation-finally-gets-a-sequel-but-its-on-mobile

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

everyone already knows that mafia city is the hottest shit in the mobile space

I never knew that, please enlighten me!

What other games are you rocking, hours on end, adding up to months/years/decades.

Aliens is a good game, based soley on the name.

They really should have marketed this better. Cause it could be a pretty decent toilet game. And there is talks about another game being worked on by another company. So they just hyped this up and as everyone expected, a knee jerk reaction from the community, which again everyone expected. So marketing could have been better, but I do hope for the other game being worked on...though who knows how that'll turn out.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I absolutely LOVE the Alien films and Alien Isolation.

But what the hell?? The best part of Isolation was its immersion and how terrifying the xenomorph was. How am I supposed to get that on my phone 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, handymanshandle said:

lazy

typical ;)

Looks like Grand Theft Auto, only game I played on whatever new console I bought the kids, ps5 or whatever.

Sounds fine to me. Its just a game, probably free. Why get mad at it? Don't you know stress makes you die quicker? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Why get mad at it?

Because they can!

Its not worth it, I think people should read the book "Who Gives A Fuck!" its a great book, never read it but its great. Seriously it is a real book, maybe worded differently.

Sometimes being a complete asshole and prick, is good. Get some excitment going, road rage! Play along, see where it leads......unless you are in Texas, or Alabama, or Florida, or any other state for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

typical ;)

Looks like Grand Theft Auto, only game I played on whatever new console I bought the kids, ps5 or whatever.

the only person on this forum with the balls to admit who I am

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The balls to say you are lazy, thats some courage.

I am lazy too.

--------

Sequels tend to be not as good as the original.

Alien: Isolation is an amazing game, and naturally I was curious to see what the system specs will be... Well, pretty low actually since it's not coming to consoles or PC. It will be a mobile exclusive.

Do many people play mobile games?

Dark Souls! Prepare to Follow Edition! 

You've met a strange onion-adorned knight, do you:

A) Talk

B) Attack

C) Walk by

Outcomes:

A) Die later

B) Die now

C) Turn back and die now

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

47 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Do many people play mobile games?

The study, which is based on an online survey of 5,000 people, also showed that 90 percent of those play games on their smartphones, tablets, or both.

Came from Variety

✨FNIGE✨

The only good mobile game these days is runescape.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Why oh why

What has this world come to?

Just today I saw a 4 people in a row, glued to their cell phone. :(

3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Because they can!

Its not worth it, I think people should read the book "Who Gives A Fuck!" its a great book, never read it but its great. Seriously it is a real book, maybe worded differently.

I really don't like mobile gaming. It's fine as a concept, but the cash grabs and financial exploitation is what really kills it for be.

27 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Why oh why

What has this world come to?

Just today I saw a 4 people in a row, glued to their cell phone. :(

Probably all doing their fruit ninja or candy crush. Society hasn't been taught how to use smart phones or the internet responsibly, so the wide user base of phones makes for an easy target.

" Is this an out of season April fools joke?"

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I really don't like mobile gaming. It's fine as a concept, but the cash grabs and financial exploitation is what really kills it for be.

^Wow, it goes beyond that, it goes beyond the cash grab. People do not know how to talk to other humans, what a travesty.

Probably all doing their fruit ninja or candy crush. Society hasn't been taught how to use smart phones or the internet responsibly, so the wide user base of phones makes for an easy target.

I do not know what they play. Lemmings!

Mindless Lemmings but hey we have all been there.

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

As a gamer, I do feel let down. I refuse to do any real gaming on my phone.

I don't get this, system exclusives have always been a thing but people always complain about mobile exclusives these days but I've yet to see a mobile game that I couldn't play on PC. I was heavy into "mobile" games for about 6 months last year (specifically 1 MMO that felt like Diablo 2 with better graphics), but I always played on PC. When the new Diablo gets released I'll be playing it on my PC just like when this game gets released so thanks for bringing this one to my attention. :)

-KuJoe

Oh yeah, playing horror like game on 5x smaller screen seems great. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

11 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

it's not coming to consoles or PC. It will be a mobile exclusive.

This is where I stopped reading. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Remember Alien: Isolation, the most well recepted game out of all of the Alien games to date? Yeah.... lets ditch that formula and make a mobile game.

I really dislike mobile gaming. It's where most developers seem to be putting all the money, given that it makes up more than half of the gaming industry.