(please help) TO FAKE a working monitor as a monitor with dead pixels

Vigneshqw

I HAVE A old 720P monitor

my dad says he will buy a new monitor if it stops working

if you can help recommending a software like(in android there is software to create like a phone screen broken) 

i need a software which displays a layer of dead pixels over the screen in pc showing like it has dead pixels

and also recomend a 1440p monitor

around 400$

no, don't lie to your dad.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Alright if you actually want to commit fraud against your father then I would suggest trying to research a way to overclock your monitor and hope it then begins to fail after you've done so.  

PS

Earn your own money.  

Edit:

Also, good luck trying to get a father that insists you continue using an old 720p monitor to purchase an expensive 1440p monitor.  

Edit 2:

And if your father won't replace a 720p monitor then what kind of system are you using that will make use of a 1440p monitor?  I assume a crap monitor means crap PC.  Am I wrong?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Don't lie to your parents.  Break the damn thing and tell him you broke it because you think you deserve better. See how that works out...

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

>be OP

>be bad

>thread locked

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Not only is this a stupid idea, but why not get a UW-UXGA (ultrawide 1080p) or 1080p monitor? Why 1440p?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

honestly i know you cant look at it like this yet but your father has a reason for not just buying everything you want right away. kids tend to not think about money alot but you shouldnt willfully cost your parents axtra money. if he had the money just lying around he would probably consider buying you a new one if he doesnt that usually means he needs that money elsewhere. dont be a dick.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

If you're going to scam your parents at least put in the effort to do it yourself. I also strongly doubt that, if it breaks, he'll suddenly be willing to drop 400$ on a replacement (which by the way, is bloody expensive even for a 1440p monitor - you're in 4k territory at that point).

15 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

you shouldnt willfully cost your parents axtra money.

I think it's fine to ask for something you'd like... the problem arises when you can't take "no" as an answer and resort to acting like

17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

a dick.

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

Don't lie to your parents.  Break the damn thing and tell him you broke it because you deserve better.

Sounds like an excellent way to never have a working monitor again until you move out :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Prove to him that you deserve it another way. For example, try to sell it first and make it clear that it's so crappy that you'd rather not have one at all. That will show maturity. Also do extra chores for a month and earn it, and I'm sure he'll be more than happy to buy a new one.

I hope OP breaks his monitor for real and Dad says - just kidding.

You sound 12, so I hope he is technologically inclined enough to figure out whatever spoof you are trying to come up with.

Edited by TheRandomness
Or a politically correct edit.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

20 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Sounds like an excellent way to never have a working monitor again until you move out :P

One can only hope

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

coming from a rather poor upbringing i never would have dreamed of such expensive things because i knew they werent possible. that being said of course i also asked for new tech from time to time but usually more on the low end and if i actually got it that usually meant christmas or my birthday was involved. so i started very early on thinking i dont wanna be a burden on my parents wallets any more than i have to. at the same time i saw the neighbours kids getting a full new system and bike and..and...and... for a single christmas like it was nothing and so they also treated it like it was nothing (very ungreatful imo).

anyway all that is part of why i hate spoiled brats willing to break stuff so they get new stuff. today its your monitor tomorrow itll be your phone and then the tv. just be happy with what you have/get until you can afford better with your own money.

also honestly if i was in your position at that age id try asking for the money to get 3 old cheap 19" or so somewhere used for 10 bucks a piece if possible. very cheap way better solutions to your current monitor situation. and those usually run 1280x1024 so effectively that would be 3840x1024. or you know be content with what you have

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3