Rx 3000 leaks

Gilgam3s1
19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's not in the main body, so unless it's hidden somewhere in the many pages of replies, it's kind of irrelevant.

Ugh. Yes. I still don't understand why they chose to do that. It really made me hate AMD for a good chunk of time.

With these prices and performance claims though, I might wait for Computex before buying a new video card. I was going to buy an RX 590, but if I can get significantly better performance for the same price...

I just hope they include The Division 2 with those as well ?

Which kinda makes me dose it with a heavy helping of salt...

Plus, it's AMD's claims.

The OP included Adored.tvs video AFAIR. He talks about the Radeon 3000's at the end.of it.

18 minutes ago, ATFink said:

AdoredTV had a similar leak. Don't know if their source is the same (info is so similar it might be the same source), but if the source is different this is likely true:

WCCFTech is using that video as their source. Yeah i know Adored.tv being used as a source. Who are they and what have they done with the real world.

10 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I mean lets say this is real, we will have GTX 1080 / RTX 2070 performance for... I'll say 300$ because we know MSRP ain't a real thing, that's great and very competitive however...

AMD is actually not bringing ANY competition to the GTX 1080 Ti yet? it'll have been 2 years already... we're just getting a V64 for competitive pricing.

SUpposedly they will eventually be bringing a Navi 20 chip. That said Adored.tv's theory is that Navi is basically meant as a tide over thing coupled with getting their GPU's integrated with their Zen2 architecture APU's and/or PS5 stuff. It's not meant to be a roundhouse to the desktop space but more an enabler for their other product lines and a setup for follow ons to build on.

Think of it as Polaris=Bulldozer, Navi = Zen1/Zen+, and the next Gen will be the GPU Zen2 equivalent.

This is garbage you can barely get a 1070 for 400 dollars plus ,, new... So ya this is garbage info.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Everyone, it's the 3000 series graphics cards. It has to be better than everything else, no question.

IDK what AMD is doing with their naming scheme, it's worse than Nvidia.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

6 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

The OP included Adored.tvs video AFAIR. He talks about the Radeon 3000's at the end.of it.

That's not the point. Most people don't watch the source piece. It's not included in the write up article, therefore it's fine.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

Everyone, it's the 3000 series graphics cards. It has to be better than everything else, no question.

IDK what AMD is doing with their naming scheme, it's worse than Nvidia.

Same thing they did with the chipset naming, since intel was at 2xx amd started at 3xx, to seem 'better'/newer to your average customer I guess.

1 minute ago, lvh1 said:

Same thing they did with the chipset naming, since intel was at 2xx amd started at 3xx, to seem 'better'/newer to your average customer I guess.

Apparently that kind of marketing works, but I have doubts about the claims of these GPUs. I guess we will have to wait.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

9 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

WCCFTech is using that video as their source. Yeah i know Adored.tv being used as a source. Who are they and what have they done with the real world.

Yeah, saw it was WCCFTech so I decided not to read. The fact they're using AdoredTV as THEIR SOURCE lowers their credibility score from trash to dumpster fire IMO. Nothing against AdoredTV. He did a good job with the info he recieved, but WCCFTech took a PUBLIC video and decided to write an article about it for clicks. They didn't even have their own unique source. Just regurgitated AdoredTV's work. That's just lazy reporting.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

10 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

Apparently that kind of marketing works, but I have doubts about the claims of these GPUs. I guess we will have to wait.

I definitely would not complain if it was true after all, nvidia really needs some competition.

@Gilgam3s1 Please edit your thread so it follows the Tech News posting guidelines ;

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-posting-guidelines-read-before-posting/

You're missing quote from the source and original input.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On a separate note I think there should be a community guideline that bans any news provided by WCCFtech.

@wkdpaulPlease make it happen!

3 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

On a separate note I think there should be a community guideline that bans any news provided by WCCFtech.

@wkdpaulPlease make it happen!

There are other sources than WCCFtech for this story. ;)

If I remember right we (mods and admins) already had discussions about it and decided not to ban that source (for now).

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

There are other sources than WCCFtech for this story. ;)

If I remember right we (mods and admins) already had discussions about it and decided not to ban that source (for now).

I am happy just to hear there was an internal talk concerning it. I appreciate the quick response.

Why change the naming scheme to that? Calling it an RX 680 would have been just fine.

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

1 minute ago, kting15 said:

Why change the naming scheme to that? Calling it an RX 680 would have been just fine.

I'm guessing that's to undermine nvidia with their current name scheme?

I don't know. At the very least, naming it RX 680 gives the naming scheme logic and continuity. I guess AMD is banking on consumers using "the bigger the number the better it is" logic to sell some cards

Work Desktop: Dell Precision 5810 | Intel Xeon E5-1607 v4 | 8GB 2400 MHz ECC DDR4 | AMD FirePro w5100 4GB GDDR5

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" | Intel i7-4870HQ | 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 | Nividia GeForce GT 750M 2GB GDDR5

Yeah these'll be amazing if they hit those levels of performance at those prices. But I am NOT about to get excited for an AMD GPU, afair they have not EVER met the hype.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

3 minutes ago, kting15 said:

I don't know. At the very least, naming it RX 680 gives the naming scheme logic and continuity. I guess AMD is banking on consumers using "the bigger the number the better it is" logic to sell some cards

Also NVIDIA going to 2000 series somewhat undercuts AMD, it makes it look like their many more generations behind than they actually are. A few hundred, most consumers won't think enough to be bothered, and those that would, would likely also do enough research to realise the realities of both groups. But 6xx vs 20xx, thats a gap of over a 1000 and might make average consumers think the gaps larger than it is.

52 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That's not the point. Most people don't watch the source piece. It's not included in the write up article, therefore it's fine.

It's 2018. If your not willing to check the source material, (various valid quick response reasons aside), thats on you. And if it's a video and your unfortunate enough to still have really cruddy internet you can allways ask if the OP covers everything.

I'm a bit skeptical because this would legit mean same performance for half the price but if it's legit ima shit my pants and buy a navi 10 probably

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

15 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I'm a bit skeptical because this would legit mean same performance for half the price but if it's legit ima shit my pants and buy a navi 10 probably

If any of these specs are true for both this and Ryzen, I'm definitely building an all AMD rig when these parts come out next year

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Here's hoping all these AMD leaks are legit... 

Putting aside the names....  

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

we still get time to time people mixing up the B350 and B360.

I can build a computer blind folded and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between two boards based on the name alone. literally just random numbers and letters.

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I'm guessing that's to undermine nvidia with their current name scheme?

Or align with the CPU scheme. That's be pretty smart and cool if they named APU 3xx0 the first x for the CPU class and the second for the gpu class.

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

To be fair those are quite overpriced. Amd has it quite easy to compete at that level of performance because Nvidia has been milking cash out of old 1070/1080s for more than a year at prices way above what they should be at. The price seems okay, it's a little bit cheaper than what Nvidia should be selling them in the first place now.