Valve bans over 60,000 Steam accounts to smash its previous record

Speed Weed

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/valve/valve-steam-vac-ban-wave

Over 60,000 Steam accounts were banned by Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) on Tuesday, July 17, marking the largest VAC wave in the platform’s history. But it was on Wednesday morning that the banhammer really started swinging,, with 28,411 accounts being banned throughout the day. 

The VAC system watches over a number of games, including Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, the Call of Duty series, and Ark: Survival Evolved, so there’s a chance you might have run into one of these cheaters at some point in time. 

Well, R.I.P 60,000 Steam users. Thanks goodness, VAC is still work. At least VAC banned people that deserve to be banned, and not like GTA 5 anti cheat that can't distinguish a cheater and an innocent player. 

Ever since getting older I now do not understand the point of cheating in any game. I know this has been said a lot but It takes the fun out of it for other players and most importantly, yourself. With cheating, you lose all sense of player progression and feeling of self-worth on a video game. On a game like CS:GO or Dota that is everything that made those games fun for me. 

But I guess if you're younger and immature it might be more amusing 

Just my opinion on it

6 minutes ago, mattdmg said:

Ever since getting older I now do not understand the point of cheating in any game. I know this has been said a lot but It takes the fun out of it for other players and most importantly, yourself. With cheating, you lose all sense of player progression and feeling of self-worth on a video game. On a game like CS:GO or Dota that is everything that made those games fun for me. 

Even some older folks do it. 

Some people don't do it to win. They just do it to ruin other people's fun. 

In other words, they cheat to grief. For those people, their fun is had when they cause the misfortunes of others

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

43 minutes ago, mattdmg said:

I exited The Division by cheating and getting banned.  I bought the game years after its popularity had faded, and I had gotten to the point in the game where I had mostly finished it. Going any further would be a grind of getting specific gear sets and rolling specific attributes and stuff for meta combinations.  Not really fun.   The PvP dark zone was filled with tons of 2-4 squad tryhards who had been playing the game since launch with all those perfect gear sets, and they would kill players like me even though there was zero benefit to it since I'm carrying relatively crappy loot.  So the hack made it so I could run through NPC's quickly, be able to do certain missions solo that would otherwise require 4 people (impossible nowadays because there isn't hardly anyone playing), and then have a chance of killing the tryhards but only if they attacked me first. 

When I got banned I didn't really care since I already got my $20 or whatever worth of entertainment out of it.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I remember buying cheat code books at the book fair in elementary school, and having some special disc to put into the PS2 before starting the actual game. Star Wars battlefront 2 sure was fun with unlimited ammo. But to pull this kind of stuff in a multiplayer game where everyone is theoretically supposed to be exercising their skill and having fun is just wrong.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

6 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Even some older folks do it. 

Some people don't do it to win. They just do it to ruin other people's fun. 

In other words, they cheat to grief. For those people, their fun is had when they cause the misfortunes of others

I mean I do enjoy focusing one person in a game to make them tilt but you don't need cheats for that. I mean what is the fun of dominating an enemy team if you are cheating. I mean I play overwatch and like to camp one person as doomfist but half the fun is the skill involved to get away with it. 

Did it only apply to CS cheaters or did it apply to TF2 cheaters?

I remember the cat-bot epidemic of late 2017 and early 2018. I remember that Valve (apparently) basically applied some blanket ban to those with cat-bot in their name and were running on Linux platforms. The developer of those bots gave up not because Valve stopped them, but because Valve couldn't stop them effectively.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Anyone old enough to remember GameShark?

I've done cheats on single player games, but never multiplayer. I used to have getting freaking romped online in Diablo 2. I don't months done running my armor and weapons only to have his for let me hit him for a minute going no damage, then he one hit killed me. Cheating in multiplayer is stupid. I hate it. It doesn't make you better. Cheats aren't greater than skill.

Glad the accounts got banned, unfortunately, most are probably just burner accounts.

60k people lined up for steam's next sale on csgo

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I remember this server on Minecraft had horrible Anti Cheat and no IP banning whatsoever so I just got some free alts and messed around with No Knockback hacks. It was funny watching people be so confused

The server was some sort of survival games server, so people didn't lose their items. Doing something like that would actually be shitty

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

My god assuming they can't be aware of all forms of cheating, this number indicates cheating is a very big problem.

Who on earth gets enjoyment or satisfaction by beating other people through cheating? It's not like you get a cash prize when you top the table on a round of COD ffs.

Prepare for a new wave of posts on the Internet by cheaters trying to discredit VAC and Valve... claiming they were banned for no reason.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:28 PM, Jonnyswboy said:

I cheat in CS:GO. I play in HVH servers and disable VAC using a startup command. I completely agree that cheating against legit players is not fun and is a dick move. Playing against other cheaters is really fun because it is an even playing field, there is so much knowledge and skill involved that you wouldn't even imagine.

I know what it involves, but cheaters or not csgo is just a toxic shit game that was ruined years ago.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, Christophe Corazza said:

My god assuming they can't be aware of all forms of cheating, this number indicates cheating is a very big problem.

Who on earth gets enjoyment or satisfaction by beating other people through cheating? It's not like you get a cash prize when you top the table on a round of COD ffs.

OMG i hate cheaters so that when cheater kills me in BF3 i want to beat the shit out of him. I would beat him so that even his mother would not recognize him.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

6 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

OMG i hate cheaters so that when cheater kills me in BF3 i want to beat the shit out of him. I would beat him so that even his mother would not recognize him.

Probably a bit over-the-top reaction... no? ;)

36 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Probably a bit over-the-top reaction... no? ;)

No. You play for 30 minutes and some little shit comes and kills you in tank, hellicopter or anywhere with one shot! Only one shot from far faar away. And never leaves. Kills you many times and your teammates.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

7 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

No. You play for 30 minutes and some little shit comes and kills you in tank, hellicopter or anywhere with one shot! Only one shot from far faar away. And never leaves. Kills you many times and your teammates.

Thats basically every shooter game online nowadays. Little 10 year olds either fucking round with cheats or too chickenshit to start attacking in front of you.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

7 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

If you are willing to beat someone over cheating in a game then I think you need the beating. Its a fucking game.

I remember in Halo, we could mod the game and host custom servers to do all sort of shenanigans that weren't possible in the base game... It was fun.

Most games these days are all about whatever "vision" the devs and publishers have for the game, so if you don't have fun with the base game, you're not allowed to create your own fun with custom servers and what not, which is stupid.

Sure cheating in multiplayer is scummy, but I also think they should let people who want to cheat have their fun together, like what TitanFall did.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

If you are willing to beat someone over cheating in a game then I think you need the beating. Its a fucking game.

that's exactly the type of thing a cheater would say... hmmm

#beatthecheat #metoo

8 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

strangegame.png

uninstall that shit game, if it can still be called a game.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

4 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

that's exactly the type of thing a cheater would say... hmmm

Cheating ruins the fun of a game. But the amount of people that support even jail time for cheats is fucking stupid.