Valve bans over 60,000 Steam accounts to smash its previous record

Speed Weed
1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

If you are willing to beat someone over cheating in a game then I think you need the beating. Its a fucking game.

This is exactly what that fucking cheaters say when i !voteban their name or !report them or anyone else does it. They say: "It's a game" "do not cry" "i have skills" and so on. If you play online games you either are a cheater or can be one in the future.

It's a game. Ment to be fun. Everyone should play. Those motherfuckers come with cheats and ruin the game. So that it does not makes sense. One team wins and second looses every fucking time because of 1 cheater. Yes even 1 cheater can ruin the game. You do not even see him and he kills you with one shot every fucking time. Spawn - kill Spawn - Kill. It's fucking annoying as fuck!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Just now, mate_mate91 said:

This is exactly what that fucking cheaters say when i !voteban their name or !report them or anyone else does it. It's a game and so on. If you play online games you either are a cheater or can be one in the future.

It's a game. Ment to be fun. Everyone should play. Those motherfuckers come with cheats and ruin the game. So that it does not makes sense. One team wins and second looses every fucking time because of 1 cheater. Yes even 1 cheater can ruin the game. You do not even see him and he kills you with one shot every fucking time. Spawn - kill Spawn - Kill. It's fucking annoying as fuck!

You have quite the anger problem. If every match results in a "cheater" sniping you right during spawn, I dont think they are cheating, I think you are just bad. 

Cheating or not, the fact that you would beat someone because of it means you have severe mental problems. 

Useless if they don't bother to HWID and IP ban too (yes I know it's possible to circumvent, but it makes it harder), people just buy another account. They literally use VAC as a way to make money.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

I remember in Halo, we could mod the game and host custom servers to do all sort of shenanigans that weren't possible in the base game... It was fun.

Most games these days are all about whatever "vision" the devs and publishers have for the game, so if you don't have fun with the base game, you're not allowed to create your own fun with custom servers and what not, which is stupid.

Sure cheating in multiplayer is scummy, but I also think they should let people who want to cheat have their fun together, like what TitanFall did.

You can cheat in VAC enabled games, play in a server that isn't VAC secured.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:28 AM, Jonnyswboy said:

I cheat in CS:GO. I play in HVH servers and disable VAC using a startup command. I completely agree that cheating against legit players is not fun and is a dick move. Playing against other cheaters is really fun because it is an even playing field, there is so much knowledge and skill involved that you wouldn't even imagine.

You have to suck to need to cheat in csgo tbh

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

You have quite the anger problem. If every match results in a "cheater" sniping you right during spawn, I dont think they are cheating, I think you are just bad. 

Cheating or not, the fact that you would beat someone because of it means you have severe mental problems. 

HUH i can differentiate cheater from honest player even without spektator. I have played about 700 hours BF3 still playing when i have time.

You clearly are not psychologist to make asumptions about my mental condition.

those that do backups

5 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

i can differentiate cheater from honest player even without spektator. I have played about 700 hours BF3

So pro, much jealous

5 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

You clearly are not psychologist to make asumptions about my mental condition.

You wrote you would beat a cheater and then his mom because cheating ruins your gaming experience. It came off serious. 

I dont have  to be a psychologist to know you are psycho

3 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You wrote you would beat a cheater and then his mom because cheating ruins your gaming experience. It came off serious. 

I dont have  to be a psychologist to know you are psycho

You clearly did not read my post. I wrote i would beat him so that his mom did not recorgnize him. I would never ever hit a girl/women. To be hoinest under beating cheater i mean punching him in the face HARD.

those that do backups

1 minute ago, mate_mate91 said:

You clearly did not read my post. I wrote i would beat him so that his mom did not recorgnize him. I would never ever hit a girl/women

HOW IN THE FUCK IS THAT ANY BETTER

60k banned accounts? time to make a sale on CS:GO!

Cheaters rejoice brand new accounts and brand new paid cheats for another year now and VALVe laughing so hard with all the $.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 7/24/2018 at 9:29 AM, DaPhuc said:

More money to Gaben.

Praise be to Gaben

2 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

You seem a little braindead. Did you even read my post?

I may be braindead but at least I don't cheat at an easy game.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, mate_mate91 said:

No. You play for 30 minutes and some little shit comes and kills you in tank, hellicopter or anywhere with one shot! Only one shot from far faar away. And never leaves. Kills you many times and your teammates.

It really ruins the spirit of Club Penguin.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 24.7.2018 at 6:28 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Did it only apply to CS cheaters or did it apply to TF2 cheaters?

I remember the cat-bot epidemic of late 2017 and early 2018. I remember that Valve (apparently) basically applied some blanket ban to those with cat-bot in their name and were running on Linux platforms. The developer of those bots gave up not because Valve stopped them, but because Valve couldn't stop them effectively.

It only applied to CS:GO since it was a detection wave based on the signatures of CS:GO cheats. I'm not interested in TF2, so I don't know if they use VAC3 as well. If they should, it'd still not be as "good" as the one used in CS:GO which has been modified with severeal modules in order to trigger banwaves. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just now, erassar said:

It only applied to CS:GO since it was a detection wave based on the signatures of CS:GO cheats. I'm not interested in TF2, so I don't know if they use VAC3 as well. If they should, it'd still not be as "good" as the one used in CS:GO which has been modified with severeal modules in order to trigger banwaves. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think TF2 just uses the baseline VAC system, from what I remember.

Although, TF2 gets ban waves like CS does, just not as large-scale.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 26.7.2018 at 8:51 PM, EPENEX said:

Useless if they don't bother to HWID and IP ban too (yes I know it's possible to circumvent, but it makes it harder), people just buy another account. They literally use VAC as a way to make money.

You can cheat in VAC enabled games, play in a server that isn't VAC secured.

HWID Spoofer (used for Origin for example), VPN/dynamic IP?

On 7/28/2018 at 12:43 PM, Jonnyswboy said:

You seem a little braindead. Did you even read my post?

Nope. I mean actual gameplay mechanics introduced by cheats.

No you said the skill that goes into cheating. 

And if HVH is even playing field, why not play legit on an even playing field?

Does anyone know why they do it in waves like this? I understand after a sale there is a lot more cheaters, particularly when it comes to anything in the Source engine. I'm sure they do it periodically, but I would prefer, most consistent smaller waves. That way you wouldn't get games filled with cheaters because VAC bans them more quickly. Anyway good to see them taking action anyway.

I missed this...but this doesn't include PUBG does it? VAC doesn't handle this it's on PUBG's side. There's probably at least 60,000 accounts to ban in that game alone xD

7 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Does anyone know why they do it in waves like this? I understand after a sale there is a lot more cheaters, particularly when it comes to anything in the Source engine. I'm sure they do it periodically, but I would prefer, most consistent smaller waves. That way you wouldn't get games filled with cheaters because VAC bans them more quickly. Anyway good to see them taking action anyway.

I missed this...but this doesn't include PUBG does it? VAC doesn't handle this it's on PUBG's side. There's probably at least 60,000 accounts to ban in that game alone xD

Because they can mark accounts without instantly banning them and alerting the cheaters to specifically which update or version of their hack is being detected. 

Skids on the skidforums and cheaters use protection methods to protect against detection similarly to how spreaders use crypters and "the bad guy version" of Virus Total to see if their RATs are detectable.

Instabanning them would help the hackers modify their code to avoid detection.

5 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Cheating does involve skill when it is against other cheaters.

Because there is a cheater in every game because VAC is shit. And I got to SMFC legit and then got bored.

Thats a pretty bad rationalization. You talked about it being an even playing field. NOT CHEATING is also an even playing field.

I realize that way more people subtly cheat than most people realize but that doesnt actually mean theres a hacker in every lobby. Thats just a flimsy excuse for someone to cheat and rationalize it by saying "well everyone is doing it".

VAC waves would beg to differ with your assessment.

15 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Like I said, after you get SMFC and every lobby has a blatant cheater (how SMFC actually is) it gets boring. The game itself is broken enough that Valve made trust factor of new accounts default to bad, just to keep the current player base happy.

And yes, there is literally a hacker in over 50% of matches at higher ranks. I don't need to justify cheating as it is against other cheaters and is not immoral. Why are you so against cheating against other cheaters? These are community servers meant for HVH that have VAC disabled. If I didn't HVH I wouldn't even play the game at all. 

Vac is a terrible anti-cheat. It is EXTREMELY easy to cheat with a guarantee of no ban. VAC only does signature analysis, so all you have to do is compile public source with a different signature and you have a permanently undetected cheat assuming you do not share it.

First off, if its so easy not to get caught, why do so many people get caught?

I agree that csgo is a shit game and wasnt commenting about hvh. I was talking about cheating in regular lobbies.

On 26/07/2018 at 3:06 PM, Jonnyswboy said:

What does it involve?

Many different configs, like you cant really cheat unless you know what yopur doing

On 7/27/2018 at 5:59 AM, mate_mate91 said:

You clearly did not read my post. I wrote i would beat him so that his mom did not recorgnize him. I would never ever hit a girl/women. To be hoinest under beating cheater i mean punching him in the face HARD.

That's the typical excuse many people use "durrr I have X hours to know if someone is cheating". Yet people who say such still hackkuse previous pro players despite uploading to YouTube or even livestreaming.