Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

On 9/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, LAR_Systems said:

First RTX 3090 has hit my database, only one WU / Project sample, but at 4.4 Mill PPD it has dethroned the V100  https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=ga102_geforce_rtx_3090

RIP power usage ;)

I'm assuming there isn't a way to show a difference with lower power limit (I'm assuming the 3090 on there is mine)? I would like to show results at lower TDP but I feel like given the small sample size it would skew the numbers. 

Edit: Also its nice to lead a leaderboard ;)

1 hour ago, DirectingGnu2 said:

I'm assuming there isn't a way to show a difference with lower power limit (I'm assuming the 3090 on there is mine)? I would like to show results at lower TDP but I feel like given the small sample size it would skew the numbers. 

You are correct, there is no way you can do that.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

4 hours ago, DirectingGnu2 said:

First, congrats on winning the Nvidia lottery and thanks for contributing to the database.

As @Favebook said there is no way to tell you card power or clock settings so right now you set the average based on your settings.

That said... the DB will recalculate regularly the average of all samples to account for changes in projects, cores etc. over time.

So as the card becomes more common (LOL) you will end up with the average performance of different models, companies, coolers etc. etc. for the 3090 providing a pretty good average number. 

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

8 hours ago, marknd59 said:

I wonder if TVwazhere is upset with me yet because of all the people I'm sending over to claim badges. 🙂

8 hours ago, Favebook said:

I would be 🙄.

This is nothing compared to the volume of requests back in March - April. We have close to 400 submissions in March alone (A majority of these were over a 10 day period, March 20th through March 31st..... 11 day period?), and simply based on the number of pages on the site, (15-52) we had 925 comments, which I would guess at least 850 of those were legit badge requests. [Currently we are on page 73]

Currently as of Sep 1st, we only have two and a half pages (65ish comments) of badge requests. I expect an increase towards the middle and end of the Folding event of course leading into December, including those asking for event badges when those are awarded automatically. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

@Den-Fi is going to have a hard time now with his new 5700's 🙂

oh noes!

F@H are nvidia shills!

#scandal

7 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

oh noes!

F@H are nvidia shills!

#scandal

Scooby Do pulls the mask off of Den-Fis head...

OMG, It was Lisa Su this entire time!

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

40 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

that's awesome, and just in time aswell. i've een dabating wheter to get a cheap 5700 or an old 1080(Ti). definitely going team green again now!

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

that's awesome, and just in time aswell. i've een dabating wheter to get a cheap 5700 or an old 1080(Ti). definitely going team green again now!

Keep in mind with the recent drop in the RTX 20 series card prices new/used a 2060 Super will give you more PPD for less power usage than the 1080ti.   Given the 1080ti is holding it's "value" in the used market the 2060 Super might be a better deal.

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

Keep in mind with the recent drop in the RTX 20 series card prices new/used a 2060 Super will give you more PPD for less power usage than the 1080ti.   Given the 1080ti is holding it's "value" in the used market the 2060 Super might be a better deal.

Checking my US ebay, 2060S's are in the $400-450 range with one or two below $350. The 1080ti is similar but is more between 375-425.

If I was looking to upgrade ITNOS, i'd probably look at the $330 Zotac card for $330 I found. 

Hardwareswapped has 2060S's in the low $300's though... That's way better

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

image.png.c87d7b40f60b767b0bae1643bc33d301.png

news just in - london man accidentally creates small nuclear reactor while folding on a vega64

We can harness the nuclear energy from your rig to power RTX 3090 rigs.

Just now, marknd59 said:

@Den-Fi are you running your cards with a power limit ? I had mine set to 80% it doesn't seem to work with the new cuda WU ?

I'm afraid I have no idea what limits are.

Just now, marknd59 said:

No I'm serious power limit doesn't seem to work with the cuda processing WU I'm just trying to check if I have a problem or not.

I don't. I can do some testing when I get home though.

This jump in points is... something (For people who have Nvidia cards. Not me who only has 5700 XTs).

I thought something good was going to come out of Nvidia getting on board with F@H, but I thought it would just be chucking a supercomputer or two at it.

This is... awesome. (For people who have Nvidia cards. Not me who only has 5700 XTs)

56 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

had mine set to 80% it doesn't seem to work with the new cuda WU ?

You mean it's not having any effect?

I dunno if im on this cuda wu your talking about, but dropping my nvidia cards down to 80% does very little, the core and voltage drop but not much.