Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And wear gear.

Couldn't agree more.

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

37 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Moral of the story, use your noggin. And wear gear.

Wy0GJMR.gif

Uhg, squids. I can understand if it's incredibly hot in the summer but still.

In this case, he would have needed padded riding jeans at the very least. Not much you can do when your knees are the crumple zone...

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Geeze James, slow down with the new cars. Its barely been a quarter since you took delivery of your RS6.

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

11 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Geeze James, slow down with the new cars. Its barely been a quarter since you took delivery of your RS6

Does he shit money?

"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

10 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Does he shit money?

Maybe it's a British thing.

I'm pretty sure he still has the F12, GT3, 675LT.

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

250 units, GL.

Salomondrin has one coming tho.

19 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

250 units, GL.

Salomondrin has one coming tho.

Check the link I posted under the video.

That's probably the only one in Portugal...

Posted · Original PosterOP

The coconut episode trickled down to the peasants that don't have MOTD. Enjoy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Kinda car related (Car audio), I wanted to ask the know how people here if I should be expecting any distortion of some sort when pairing a speaker with these specs

Spoiler
  • 6.3" 3-way car speakers (pair)
  • Foamed-Mica Reinforced Cellular fiber woofer
  • 1-7/16" PEI balanced dome tweeter and 1/4" dome supertweeter
  • power range: 2-45 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
  • frequency response: 60-24,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 91 dB
  • top-mount depth: 1-3/4"

Sony XS-FB1630

with factory head unit. Please note, I do plan on upgrading to a aftermarket one but those are around 16-17 RMS I believe. Anywho, should I be expecting any issues of some sort? Ps I ain't really looking for a big up in audio just maybe more overall better audio from the terrible ones present.

Current system - ASUS FX503VD

ExSystem

Spoiler

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

7 minutes ago, Sharif said:

Kinda car related (Car audio), I wanted to ask the know how people here if I should be expecting any distortion of some sort when pairing a speaker with these specs

Reveal hidden contents
  • 6.3" 3-way car speakers (pair)
  • Foamed-Mica Reinforced Cellular fiber woofer
  • 1-7/16" PEI balanced dome tweeter and 1/4" dome supertweeter
  • power range: 2-45 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
  • frequency response: 60-24,000 Hz
  • sensitivity: 91 dB
  • top-mount depth: 1-3/4"

Sony XS-FB1630

with factory head unit. Please note, I do plan on upgrading to a aftermarket one but those are around 16-17 RMS I believe. Anywho, should I be expecting any issues of some sort? Ps I ain't really looking for a big up in audio just maybe more overall better audio from the terrible ones present.

Might check in with the /r/CarAV subreddit but I don't see why you'd have any issues. If anything they'd be underpowered. You might (probably will) need an amp for the sub.

EDIT: oh you're not getting a sub. You were referring to the "dish" of your door speakers. Never mind

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Correct me if I'm wrong. But that's my MAF, right? 

20161112_115613.jpg

20161112_115620.jpg

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

20161112_115613.jpg

20161112_115620.jpg

That is indeed your MAF

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

@RevoltTrain you should throw a ScanGauge onto the list of things for your Saab

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@RevoltTrain you should throw a ScanGauge onto the list of things for your Saab

It's just a code scanner that does a few extra things like MPG right? My car can already tell me MPG, DTE, stuff like that, and we have an OBDII scanner in the garage. Unless what you mentioned does something else I'm not aware of off the top of my head

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That is indeed your MAF

In theory I could just stick a cone (with proper hardware) onto the other end of that and be good, right?

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

It's just a code scanner that does a few extra things like MPG right? My car can already tell me MPG, DTE, stuff like that, and we have an OBDII scanner in the garage. Unless what you mentioned does something else I'm not aware of off the top of my head

It's got a bunch of gauges too. It can to Automatic tranny temp, intake air temp, an actual number for your water temp, your boosted so it can tell you boost, it can do ignition timing, gallons per hour of fuel, it's got a digital tachometer as well, here's what I had on mine for a long time. Now I have Tranny temp, timing, intake air temp, and gallons per hour. Really cool thing. I never use the mpg thing though. I do however use the code reader if one pops up. 

image.jpeg

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

It's got a bunch of gauges too. It can to Automatic tranny temp, intake air temp, an actual number for your water temp, your boosted so it can tell you boost, it can do ignition timing, gallons per hour of fuel, it's got a digital tachometer as well, here's what I had on mine for a long time. Now I have Tranny temp, timing, intake air temp, and gallons per hour. Really cool thing. I never use the mpg thing though. I do however use the code reader if one pops up. 

image.jpeg

I'll definitely think about it if I can figure out somewhere to mount it that I'd still find use out of it

43 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Might check in with the /r/CarAV subreddit but I don't see why you'd have any issues. If anything they'd be underpowered. You might (probably will) need an amp for the sub.

EDIT: oh you're not getting a sub. You were referring to the "dish" of your door speakers. Never mind

So for the usage they are fine?

By the way, I haven't ever heard the word dish used for door speakers or did you mean something else

Current system - ASUS FX503VD

ExSystem

Spoiler

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

4 minutes ago, Sharif said:

So for the usage they are fine?

By the way, I haven't ever heard the word dish used for door speakers or did you mean something else

Should be. Here Speakers like this are called "two-ways" where they have the "dome" and the "dish". just using this one as an example.

Image result for two way speakers

28 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

In theory I could just stick a cone (with proper hardware) onto the other end of that and be good, right?

Yup. As long as you get it to seal. You might find one that you can just clamp to the maf, or you can use a coupler to get it to the right size. :) 

7 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I just brought "my summer car" on steam, it is such an awesome game!

probably more fun for you than us americans since you can most likely understand what they're saying xD 

42 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

20161112_115613.jpg

20161112_115620.jpg

is it just me or does one side of your engine look higher than the other?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

probably more fun for you than us americans since you can most likely understand what they're saying xD 

is it just me or does one side of your engine look higher than the other?

I think the valve cover is just molded that way.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Should be. Here Speakers like this are called "two-ways" where they have the "dome" and the "dish". just using this one as an example.

Image result for two way speakers

Yup. As long as you get it to seal. You might find one that you can just clamp to the maf, or you can use a coupler to get it to the right size. :) 

Asking on /r/saab to figure out what size the piping is ATM. If I can find out what size the piping is will I need to add some right after the MAF, then the coupler, then the cone? Or will a coupler be able to go straight up to my MAF?