iJustine’s Unbelievably NERDY Studio House – EXPOSED!

4 hours ago, unijab said:

Linus tells her that she can expand the storage one drive at a time... but then proceeds to fill up all fifteen 3.5" drive bays...

How Linus? How?

Haha, he's such a liar! Can't hardly trust anything he says these days. Wait, thats Unbox Therapy. 

Linus is showing us how to pick up girls

Or .. did I miss the point?

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Did Linus just call someone a hoarder?  The guy who had to lease a warehouse to contain all his accumulated tech gear, because his second (2-story!) house couldn't contain it all?  

I just re-watched this.  Take a shot every time Linus refers to a different part of the house as "overflow storage."  (Edit: Also take a shot every time he mentions something that he's keeping there because his home is too crowded.)  

I love the way Linus just rampages through the house.

7 hours ago, iPolymer said:

--SNIP--

Is the hate because she's a grill and obviously can't be a real nerd? Or maybe her Apple love? I really can't tell.

Personally, I don't have any hate per say, but I'd imagine it's a little bit of "being a nerd/techy person" without even knowing how whole-home ethernet/networking works. I don't expect her (or anyone) to know exactly how a house they didn't build is wired, but the mere concept of having ethernet ports in every room seems completely lost to her. That or she's playing dumb for the sake of... entertainment value? Anyway, it was a lot less cringy than I thought it would be, as I somehow managed to make it through an entire iJustine video without wanting to throw my monitor across the room.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

small aside on that note: is it worth keeping the original box of the parts on the very tiny chance it gets sold off on ebay/craig’s? I still have the mothetboard box of my previous build, and 100% of the boxes of my current build (i should probably toss the ones for the fans and the SSDs)

._.

i would say keep the boxes. makes it easier to store stuff aswell

I really enjoyed this video, also the one on her channel. Damn dat house, I started dreaming about having a house like her... :(

I like how the amazon link is to buy amiibos

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

15 hours ago, iPolymer said:

This is great like the Marques video. Nice work

Also,

Is the hate because she's a grill and obviously can't be a real nerd? Or maybe her Apple love? I really can't tell.

I feel like there's some inherent misogyny about the hate she gets. She's a girl, therefore she's not a real nerd. But I also feel like that's TRULY a tiny small insignificant portion of the viewers that feel that way.

Personally, I don't know her well, and I don't care. She calls herself a nerd, that's good enough for me.

14 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

i'd describe it as clickbait.. 

What exactly were you expecting? Her to be naked?

7 hours ago, kirashi said:

Personally, I don't have any hate per say, but I'd imagine it's a little bit of "being a nerd/techy person" without even knowing how whole-home ethernet/networking works. I don't expect her (or anyone) to know exactly how a house they didn't build is wired, but the mere concept of having ethernet ports in every room seems completely lost to her. That or she's playing dumb for the sake of... entertainment value? Anyway, it was a lot less cringy than I thought it would be, as I somehow managed to make it through an entire iJustine video without wanting to throw my monitor across the room.

You have to realize that even here at LTT forums, a lot of the users have no idea how whole house networking works.

Most nerds don't give a shit about internal networking. That doesn't take away their nerd cred. She probably uses WIFI for most devices. And if it works for her? Who cares, man. Who cares.

She doesn't claim to be an IT expert, or a proper computer tech or anything. I don't know why people are arbitrarily assigning some cutoff:

"She's not a REAL nerd unless she knows this thing that I just randomly chose"

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

41 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

What exactly were you expecting? Her to be naked?

no. LTT should just stop clickbaiting, and put in the title and thumbnail what actually happens. nearly every other youtubers can do it, even those without sponsors.

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

no. LTT should just stop clickbaiting, and put in the title and thumbnail what actually happens. nearly every other youtubers can do it, even those without sponsors.

Err... what?

I mean, I hear you. LTT occasionally has misleading titles - or titles that simply don't tell you what product is in the video (Eg: "The BEST gaming laptop?" instead of "Acer Predator reviewed", etc).

But this is not one of those examples.

LTT did a tour of iJustine's house. The video title clearly conveys that.

EXPOSED is simply a marketing term that says "we're going to look inside". It's a "joke", but also not one they invented - but rather a fairly typical thing to say about something like this.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

All this hate about "real Nerds". I'd wager to bet that only a very select few on this forum fit the traditional usage of the word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

That's been a problem for decades. Female gamers get the same thing too. So do men who are "traditionally" jocky or otherwise attractive/built. If you don't look the part, many people will assume (for some... reason) that you're lying and pretending to be a nerd.

It's hilarious, and stupid. A complete and utter waste of time to get mad at something like that - especially when in 9 times out of 10, the person is just as nerdy as you are.

21 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Nice place, she married yet?

Me while watching the two videos they made: "man they would make for a cute couple". :P

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

All this hate about "real Nerds". I'd wager to bet that only a very select few on this forum fit the traditional usage of the word:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

I fit pretty much all of those criteria... especially the no friend part. Look at my title

13 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

OOOHHH BOIIIIII

Heeeeeres Linus!

(Like heeeeeeeres johnny)

21 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

He's mainly there to set up the server but they get to make a video out of it as well showing off the person's place, that's about it.

Then why not show us how the new server will be used?

I mean if he is there for tech related reasons, why not tell us about it?

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Then why not show us how the new server will be used?

I mean if he is there for tech related reasons, why not tell us about it?

Seems like a wasted opportunity to me...

It's on Her channel, not his.

19 hours ago, iPolymer said:

This is great like the Marques video. Nice work

Also,

Apple love is true love.

Seems like we know why she has so much wrapping paper...

image.png.8c2af9c66a38f983e935447fb535c06f.png

(no, I don't follow her, LMG liked the tweet earlier today)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Uhmm what is the point of this video again?

I dont understand

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore