Razor External GPU is back.

Cubbiefan03

https://www.techspot.com/news/71447-razer-unveils-quad-core-blade-stealth-laptop-core.html 

https://www.cnet.com/news/razer-core-v2-blade-stealth-quad-core/

Razor's external graphics card is back and better.

Both Nvidia 10 series and AMD 500 series GPUs with XConnect are supported in addition to Nvidia's professional Quadro series. Extra cooling fans around the enclosure help keep your card of choice performing its best. A 500W power supply within the enclosure should provide enough juice to any graphics card you want to try out although officially, GPUs are limited to 375W of power consumption. Four USB 3.0 ports and a Gigabit Ethernet port are also present on the Core V2.

It connects to your laptop via usb c it contains 4 usb 3.0 ports and gig Ethernet port. Most graphics cards are compatible (full list below) and boasts a 500W power supply.

Here are all the GPUs that work with the Razer Core, according to the company:

• Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Xp 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 950 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 
  • Nvidia Quadro P4000 
  • Nvidia Quadro P5000 
  • Nvidia Quadro P6000 
  • Nvidia Quadro GP100 
  • AMD Radeon RX 500 Series 
  • AMD Radeon RX 400 Series 
  • AMD Radeon R9 Fury 
  • AMD Radeon R9 Nano 
  • AMD Radeon R9 300 Series 
  • AMD Radeon R9 290X 
  • AMD Radeon R9 290 
  • AMD Radeon R9 285

2017-10-17-image-20.jpg

As you can see it boasts some RGB lighting. Also it can charge you new blade stealth and may work with some other laptops.

So they updated the compatibility of the first generation model and then they just added more fans? 

That looks... exactly like the first version? o.O 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I'd like a better port selection for peripherals in these eGPU docks. The GPU probably provides plenty of video outputs, in addition to ethernet and USB-A, I'd want at least a couple USB-C ports, too. Though I don't think eGPUs have quite hit maturity. The day is coming, though.

30 minutes ago, Paparachipupopep said:

I'd like a better port selection for peripherals in these eGPU docks. The GPU probably provides plenty of video outputs, in addition to ethernet and USB-A, I'd want at least a couple USB-C ports, too. Though I don't think eGPUs have quite hit maturity. The day is coming, though.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1070IXEB-8GD#kf

This one is pretty close though.

The new blade stealth has 2 usb c ports so when you are using this you would have 1

I wonder if they actually get anyone performance improvements and how it now compares to the AW Graphics Amp.

Did they lower the price or does it still cost the same as an i3 complete tower?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

A second improved generation was expected.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Also has two thunderbolt 3 controllers inside, one for ports and one dedicated to just the GPU. So for machines that actually have 4 full PCIe lanes over Thunderbolt 3, this should improve performance pretty significantly. For laptops with only two lanes (most of them) it probably won't perform any better.

Now let's see who the first sucker is to pay anything over $500 USD on a fancy box. Lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I think that they need to push out at least, 3 more gen for the public/majorities to accept the concept of "getting a laptop then connect it to an external GPU when you are at home to make it a gaming PC."

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Hmm, I wonder why Vega isnt on that list...

GPUs are limited to 375W of power consumption

Oh. There it is

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

They need to standardise these graphics amplifiers, that way they will actually sell more of them and I don't have to carry 5kgs worth of computer on the tube everyday

41 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Hmm, I wonder why Vega isnt on that list...

Oh. There it is

except Vega 56 is well within margins

8 hours ago, huilun02 said:

For the price if it you'd rather have a separate PC at home... 

Yep if the goal is gaming you can Deffiently buy for $500 a Desktop build that Will have a better Processor then the Blade Stealth youd be connecting anyhow due to its ultrabook low power. Nothing wrong with that its just a problem $ Wise. box like this needs to be $250-300 for people to care. at $500 for the box and say $450 for a 1070 thats a lot of money Assuming your not buying a 1050TI to put in a 500 dollar box to connect to your 1400 dollar laptop.  With almost 1000 to spend on building a dedicated machine id take that route. Instead of stressing and heating up my Laptop killing the battery longevity and such.

New 4 core CPUS in thin laptops though make the idea of This work much better imo also. So its getting there prices just need to come down 

Thunderbolt controllers are still bottlenecked by the DMI interface. Until this is fixed these kind of solutions will not be worth it.