This Janky case FIXES Apple's $2000 MacBook Pro...

Buy Dockcase on Kickstarter: Coming soon (available next week)

The Dockcase - a stupid solution to a $2,000 problem we shouldn't have...

It's frustrating that at this late in the game, Apple still believes that removing most if not all I/O will account for something even more amazing than it is before. But on the other side of the token, those that have to use 3 USB devices for whatever reason, and are required to use a Macbook pro, are forced to buy a hub and work that way.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

6 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

It's frustrating that at this late in the game, Apple still believes that removing most if not all I/O will account for something even more amazing than it is before. But on the other side of the token, those that have to use 3 USB devices for whatever reason, and are required to use a Macbook pro, are forced to buy a hub and work that way.

Next on the all new MacBook 2018, no screen, because who needs function when you can have the thinnest laptop yet!

Just use your mind and imagine all the work you could be doing on the new MacBook, but not actually doing because you can't see anything.

The brave, the bold, the MacBook 2018!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

i have a macbook Pro and surprisingly I've never had this problem as I use a MX Master and a UA Apollo 8.

My life

everything about that case is stupid, whats the point of integrating a dock to the case if you have to remove the laptop from the case to use it? the the laptop should "dock" into the dock when placed into the case and the magnetic latch shouldn't be on the side, it should be like those Ipad or other tablet cases that open up so they stay on the device while in use like this:

il_570xN.462627081_m644.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Next on the all new MacBook 2018, no screen, because who needs function when you can have the thinnest laptop yet!

Just use your mind and imagine all the work you could be doing on the new MacBook, but not actually doing because you can't see anything.

I'd be shocked if they removed the physical keyboard and just used an on-screen keyboard. They could call it an iPad.... Oh wait.

1:30 really showed how rusty Linus' unboxing skills have become

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

everything about that case is stupid, whats the point of integrating a dock to the case if you have to remove the laptop from the case to use it? the the laptop should "dock" into the dock when placed into the case and the magnetic latch shouldn't be on the side, it should be like those Ipad or other tablet cases that open up so they stay on the device while in use like this:

il_570xN.462627081_m644.jpg

it needs a space edge material that will dissipate heat from the macbook's magnesium or whatever alloy body.

then again i dont use a macbook... my little sis does... i still wonder how does she work with the heat when editing videos for her coursework. its not the 2017 model though..probably 2015/2016.

i offered her my old pc i5-3570k and my current PC i7-6900k as a render farm but she refuses.

i expected it to be something that "clicks" onto the underside of the macbook in kind of a "semi permanent" way like the extended batteries for elitebooks do.. i'd have found that a much better solution.

7 minutes ago, eisenklad said:

it needs a space edge material that will dissipate heat from the macbook's magnesium or whatever alloy body.

then again i dont use a macbook... my little sis does... i still wonder how does she work with the heat when editing videos for her coursework. its not the 2017 model though..probably 2015/2016.

i offered her my old pc i5-3570k and my current PC i7-6900k as a render farm but she refuses.

I don't use one either, just saying building the dock into the case is stupid and pointless if you have to take the computer out of the case to use it.

3 hours ago, Lurick said:

Thats called a home PC

what a pointless product

it would be much more useful/impressive if the laptop physically 'docked' into the device, making it into one piece, rather than just using a usb-c cable.

tbh, a dongle makes much more sense, as the size advantage (even with a case) is quite substantial. 

Plus, I'm sure a dongle+case is much less expensive than this monstrosity. 

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

I wonder how many companies has a strategy of "throwing out as many products as we can and see which one goes popular". 

99% of the time it is a hit or miss. :/

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

7 hours ago, Himommies said:

i have a macbook Pro and surprisingly I've never had this problem as I use a MX Master and a UA Apollo 8.

Just got one. So far, my only uses of the Type C to A adapter that came was my S8 were:

To see if it worked (it works brilliantly, except it blocks off one port)

To try to get some photos off my S8 to upload in recently purchased, didn't work.

But I also got a A and C compatible stick and a Type C external SSD so I'm not hurting much.

Edit: I also have my Lumia 950 dock, which the MBP DOES work with as far as USB and HDMI are concerned, so I have a dock should I ever need it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This is kinda stupid but does anyone know the model of the black desk at 5:44?

On 14/08/2017 at 2:36 AM, Hiitchy said:

The lesson Apple keeps teaching and others keep ignoring is; to create true meaningful change in a market you need to force change. By taking bold unapologetic stances. Here’s a touchscreen smart phone without the familiarity of a physical Qwerty keyboard. Here’s a large screen tablet without a desktop OS and desktop apps and file system. Here’s a smart phone without a headphone jack. Here’s a laptop with only usb c ports. 

8 hours ago, abazigal said:

The lesson Apple keeps teaching and others keep ignoring is; to create true meaningful change in a market you need to force change. By taking bold unapologetic stances. Here’s a touchscreen smart phone without the familiarity of a physical Qwerty keyboard. Here’s a large screen tablet without a desktop OS and desktop apps and file system. Here’s a smart phone without a headphone jack. Here’s a laptop with only usb c ports. 

I don't consider it meaningful change if it means spending more money in the upkeep of upgrading devices when I have devices that aren't broken and work perfectly fine. My frustration comes from Apple trying to "change the game by removing things that work perfectly fine while sacrificing things that are actually beneficial.

12 hours ago, abazigal said:

There is change that has a purpose:

Removing physical keyboards on phones: Reduce the # of SKUs necessary to sell to multiple countries (making manufacturing and SKU tracking expenses smaller), expand usable screens or making the device smalle.

Tablet OS (which, BTW, not something Apple did first. But then again, they haven't been the first to do a smart thing in quite some time) removes functionality that the target audience doesn't need. But that also reduces the potential audience.

Then there is removing the headphone jack from the iPhone, and removing IO not USB-C from Macs. Both stupid decisions. Hell, Apple is still actively selling newly manufactured MacBook Pro 15" laptops that came out prior to the quad type-C machines that they currently sell. Because they acknowledge that at some capacity, it was a stupid decision.

4 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

I don't consider it meaningful change if it means spending more money in the upkeep of upgrading devices when I have devices that aren't broken and work perfectly fine.

It also isn't a meaningful change if the majority of accessories available are docks and adapters that bring back old IO, and there are still relatively few accessories on the horizon,  most of which don't benefit from the port nearly as much as the protocol.

When eGFX becomes more viable, when everything with TB3 cannot realistically keep up because TB3 is a bottleneck, it'll be a meaningful change.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

I don't consider it meaningful change if it means spending more money in the upkeep of upgrading devices when I have devices that aren't broken and work perfectly fine. My frustration comes from Apple trying to "change the game by removing things that work perfectly fine while sacrificing things that are actually beneficial.

That has always been the nature of evolution. 

First you try to force the new tool to fit the old workflow, and then the new tool creates a new workflow. Both parts are painful and full of denial, but the new model is ultimately much better than the old.

I am not saying the switch to USB C or the removal of the headphone jack won't suck. I am saying that it will be worth it in the end. Adaptors will remain a necessary evil until the time comes when people are ready to move beyond them. Some will take longer than others, but eventually, I believe we will get there. 

Let's not miss the forest for the trees. 

48 minutes ago, abazigal said:

That has always been the nature of evolution. 

First you try to force the new tool to fit the old workflow, and then the new tool creates a new workflow. Both parts are painful and full of denial, but the new model is ultimately much better than the old.

I am not saying the switch to USB C or the removal of the headphone jack won't suck. I am saying that it will be worth it in the end. Adaptors will remain a necessary evil until the time comes when people are ready to move beyond them. Some will take longer than others, but eventually, I believe we will get there. 

Let's not miss the forest for the trees. 

We'll move beyond adapters when we get real ports back.