AMD increasing Vega 64 Pricing above official MSRP

tom_w141
1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

$650 for a 1080 competitor? o.O

No one will buy Vega if the price doesn't drop.

isn't even a 1080ti cheaper than $1000?

18 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

4 Independent retailers reported it was told to them by AMD that's the whole scandal part...

I think the wording is too vague. Not one sentence says "amd told retailers to increase the"  price. 

The way it reads, it could easily be local retail stores are being told by corporate to raise the price on their skus. 

It is 4 corporate retilers uaing the price across the board? Or 4 local shops. 

Are prices being raised to avoid massive pre-orders? Thats common too. 

For me the article is too vaugue for something that should say "AMD told us to raise the price" 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

9 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

4 Independent retailers reported it was told to them by AMD that's the whole scandal part...

Teach me how to flash on 8 extra compute units please sensei.

You don't really need those, Vega 56 is most likely going to be close to just as good clock for clock, look at the Fury and Fury X, 290 and 290x and even the 470 and 480. The main reason the higher end card is a bit faster is memory clock and factory speeds. Amd have probably cut the HBM voltage for Vega 56 as not to have the second best card take the win again, lowering TDP and cutting memory clock. I doubt you can get it back up with the stock BIOS on it so if you can flash one with unlocked memory voltage up to or beyond Vega 64 i think it could be a better card for most. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Even if pricing is on par with NVidia I'll still buy Vega, I have a free sync monitor and to get rid of that then having to buy a 600 to 800 dollar 1080 AND a 1000 dollar monitor (which really should be 700 but NVidia tax) is just not feasible for me. I'm sure there are a lot of people in that same boat.

1 minute ago, LordTaco42 said:

isn't even a 1080ti cheaper than $1000?

In USD, Vega costs $650, so only $50 less than a 1080 Ti for 25% worse performance. 

As I said, if the price doesn't drop to $500 (same as 1080) no one will buy this card (except for miners)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Also funny how the prices are getting closer to what I posted that Sweclockers reported... 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Honestly if miners want them it makes sense.

With the RX 580 most of the extra profit didn't end up with AMD but somewhere further down the line.

Imo it makes sense from AMD to just sell them for more in the first place so they get some extra money.

At least if miners want them (which is likely), if they don't this is stupid.

I guess we'll see?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

4 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

In USD, Vega costs $650, so only $50 less than a 1080 Ti for 25% worse performance. 

As I said, if the price doesn't drop to $500 (same as 1080) no one will buy this card (except for miners)

I know most don't like hearing it as it's not indicative for everyone, but oh well. Microcenter has an ASUS 1080ti for $679. While 1080 you can get easily for $499 almost anywhere.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

I know most don't like hearing it as it's not indicative for everyone, but oh well. Microcenter has an ASUS 1080ti for $679. While 1080 you can get easily for $499 almost anywhere.

Yeah, I used the MSRP because you can be 100% sure that you can find a 1080 Ti for that price, I know that you can find 1080 Tis for less than that ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

14 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I think the wording is too vague. Not one sentence says "amd told retailers to increase the"  price. 

The way it reads, it could easily be local retail stores are being told by corporate to raise the price on their skus. 

It is 4 corporate retilers uaing the price across the board? Or 4 local shops. 

Are prices being raised to avoid massive pre-orders? Thats common too. 

For me the article is too vaugue for something that should say "AMD told us to raise the price" 

From your post history you sound like you drink shots out of Lisa Su's belly button every Friday night so I'm not surprised you disagree but tbh I wasn't trying to convince you, merely sharing what is reported.

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, I used the MSRP because you can be 100% sure that you can find a 1080 Ti for that price, I know that you can find 1080 Tis for less than that ;)

I just like pointing it out for people that don't realize there are alternative places to buy cards than Amazon and Newegg or NCIX (those seem to have the largest price hikes of any retailers). Me personally, I'll just mooch a Xp or Quadro p100 from work when they realize it's overboard for monitor displaying for databases.

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

From your post history you sound like you drink shots out of Lisa Su's belly button every Friday night so I'm not surprised you disagree but tbh I wasn't trying to convince you, merely sharing what is reported.

I like AMD =[ I give them every chance until I can't. So Su me

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

This is some serious Gaslighting and clickbait magic.

Guys - No retailer will have pricing confirmed until Monday @9am EST.

All of these prices are based on inflated pre-order costs, in order to capitalize on early adopter demand.

I'd expect the Black and Silver price to be equal, because of cx response, etc - but yea. Looking like these leaks are complete gas lighting to temper demand for Vega 64.

EX- Host of CanadaComputers CCHotSpot

Ask me in PM why - if your wondering...

Ugh, let's wait and see. Maybe, just maybe they expect miners to rush buy them regardless of price just to make extra buck, hence HBM2 having prixe premium as well. Sale is a sale. 

I get they want gamers to get hands on it for sure! And maybe they tend to drop it soon after launch. 

Oh well. 

Just wait and bleed. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

second hand Titan Xp is cheaper and faster xD 

>£100 more for a crappy AIO. Get out. 

c5883824ca7f3fd347b8dc2378254aad.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

good, let miners buy at those prices and AMD make extra $$

On 10/08/2017 at 1:54 PM, tom_w141 said:

Btw at £703 that's more than I paid for my 1080Ti xD 

Yeah I was shocked at seeing that, considering I was going to for the watercooled version.

I can get a reference 1080ti and a water block for less.

And everyone said I was stupid when I said that this card would be expensive. It's a huge ass die with a very new and expensive memory tech. It it wasn't for miners then this card wouldn't even compete at all.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

4 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

The thing is, that doesn't make any logical sense.  AMD is just the manufacturer, they don't sell directly to retailers, so how would they expect to be able to tell these companies to raise their price?  What reason would said companies have to listen to them?  The distributor sets the price to the retailers, and the retailers set their own price based on what they predict the market will accept.  I literally don't see any reason a retailer would bump their price up just because AMD said to (same goes for Intel and Nvidia).

DOA :( enough said!

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

The prices will be higher only in Europe and Asia, or in US too?

Just some news from the UK shop Overclockers UK, they have VEGA cards in Limited and regular (also liquid cooled ones) and they are starting sales Monday, but no price given. 

20690427_10155544889753349_962071924994017154_o.thumb.jpg.183345a4d35a660aae7c643cf8bc9b04.jpg

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

IMO, based on performance the Vega 64 needs to be $499 to be competitive....

But the 1950X, they could price that at $1299 and still be competitive,

seems to me that if this is true then RTG needs to reevaluate their pricing.

7 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Teach me how to flash on 8 extra compute units please sensei.

Many of 56 CU R9 Fury's could be unlocked to 64 CU's.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.