Intel X299 expected before year's end

NumLock21

Intel might launch their Intel X299 platform before year's end. Speculation has it, they might launch it during Gamescom, in Germany, which last from August 22 to 26. Intel X299 uses a new socket with 2066 pins, supports quad channel DDR4 at 2667MHz and possible support for Intel Optane. So far, there will be 4 cpus. 10c, 8c, 6c, with a 140w tdp and a 4c with a tdp of 112w. The 140w ones are Skylake-x and that single 112w is Kabylake-x. No official model numbers yet, but we can expect them to be the core i7 7xxx. 

x299.jpg?resize=800,450&ssl=1

https://benchlife.info/intel-will-not-announce-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-with-x299-in-computex-01222017/

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://benchlife.info/intel-will-not-announce-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-with-x299-in-computex-01222017/&usg=ALkJrhiFbGsQkgYckHmvXErLVUXvTXRdEg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

really excited hope the new chip is a real improvement rather than a small clock speed boost. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

really excited hope the new chip is a real improvement rather than a small clock speed boost. 

their Kabylake shows how lazy Intel are already

so i am not holding my breath on the X299 chipset and CPU to be ground breaking

10 cores CPU for 1.8K is bat shit crazy

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

their Kabylake shows how lazy Intel are already

so i am not holding my breath on the X299 chipset and CPU to be ground breaking

10 cores CPU for 1.8K is bat shit crazy

one can hope  i am really excited for zen, if AMD can bring back real competition that would be good. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

one can hope  i am really excited for zen, if AMD can bring back real competition that would be good. 

AMD also has multi core CPUs

so i wonder 8 cores is AMD's flagship or there might be a Xeon 12/14 cores equivalent Summit Ridge

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

AMD also has multi core CPUs

so i wonder 8 cores is AMD's flagship or there might be a Xeon 12/14 cores equivalent Summit Ridge

amd needs a IPC upgrade fast. yes amd 8 core cpu is rumoured to be around 500 to 600 usd, if they pull if off its going to be awesome. 

16 minutes ago, ttam said:

Wouldn't it be X199?

Intel skips numbers every now and then, its normal.

7 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

There have been mentions of 16C32T and 32C64T server CPUs based on the Zen architecture.

11 minutes ago, ttam said:

Wouldn't it be X199?

When X99 was launched in August 2014, the mainstream platform Z97 was just a few months old.  Z170 was released in August 2015. 

The current mainstream is Z270, so it stands to reason that the new enthusiast platform would also be in the 200-series.  Hence X299

3 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

LMFAO! They're scared, scared that RYZEN is coming for that motherfucking throne. 

X58 : 11/2008

X79 : 11/2011

X99 : 08/2014

X299 : 08-11/2017

They're still on their 3 year release schedule.  Ryzen has nothing to do with it.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Intel skips numbers every now and then, its normal.

There have been mentions of 16C32T and 32C64T server CPUs based on the Zen architecture.

yes i know the AMD Opterons line

but imagine a 16 core for the desktop line will be nuts and game changing

Rip ryzen. You beat broadwell_e but you will not beat kaby lake-e? 

yes i know the AMD Opterons line

but imagine a 16 core for the desktop line will be nuts and game changing

Not really, the customer-base for 16 core desktop processors would be pretty small. There are very few consumer applications that benefit from more than 8 threads, and people who are running applications which benefit from a lot of cores would just get a server platform if they really needed it.

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Rip ryzen. You beat broadwell_e but you will not beat kaby lake-e? 

Did they beat broadwell-e though? Broadwell-E has currently sold a lot more units than Ryzen.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Broadwell-E has currently sold a lot more units than Ryzen.

Ryzen is not out yet lol

Well they did show that it outperforms 6900k. And if it didn't then poor amd will lose to both x99 and x299 :(

19 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

LMFAO! They're scared, scared that RYZEN is coming for that motherfucking throne. 

The word of this launch as out last summer.  I don't think Ryzen or the throne you've placed it on had anything to do with Intel's launch.

http://wccftech.com/intel-skylake-x-kaby-lake-x-platform-launch-2017/

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Not really, the customer-base for 16 core desktop processors would be pretty small. There are very few consumer applications that benefit from more than 8 threads, and people who are running applications which benefit from a lot of cores would just get a server platform if they really needed it.

Did they beat broadwell-e though? Broadwell-E has currently sold a lot more units than Ryzen.

i do need one 16 core but i not going to pay extreme prices for the Xeon and the server grade board

I need to test VMs and study some ransomware virus behavior using a VM

My customers have been hit by a few ransomware programs but we lack the knowledge on tackling them

And my workload is a mixture of Adobe Creative Suite and Handbrake

With the current trend of marginal performance gains on the mainstream side, I don't expect any different on the enthusiast side.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

13 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

i do need one 16 core but i not going to pay extreme prices for the Xeon and the server grade board

I need to test VMs and study some ransomware virus behavior using a VM

My customers have been hit by a few ransomware programs but we lack the knowledge on tackling them

And my workload is a mixture of Adobe Creative Suite and Handbrake

I just have multiple desktops. I have different rendering, encoding and computing tasks running on the systems concurrently. If you need multiple VMs for testing, there is no reason why you need to have them all running on a single system.

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

I just have multiple desktops. I have different rendering, encoding and computing tasks running on the systems concurrently. If you need multiple VMs for testing, there is no reason why you need to have them all running on a single system.

budget man

my boss wont approve me buying multiple PCs just to do all the mentioned jobs

7 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

budget man

my boss wont approve me buying multiple PCs just to do all the mentioned jobs

For the price of a 16C processor you could get multiple computers, either way the capital expenditure will need to be determined if it is justified by the required task.

3 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

For the price of a 16C processor you could get multiple computers, either way the capital expenditure will need to be determined if it is justified by the required task.

which is why i am waiting for the AMD version that could rival the Intel Xeons.

5 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Ryzen is not out yet lol

Well they did show that it outperforms 6900k. And if it didn't then poor amd will lose to both x99 and x299 :(

Omg "poor" AMD losing to a $1200 chip with their $350-$550 equivalent

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Umm what? Look at that chipset diagram... If it's an x series chipset why is the CPU connecting to it via DMI? Shouldn't the link be QPI for enthusiast boards? Or is this part of their separating enthusiast user sockets from server sockets?

20 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Omg "poor" AMD losing to a $1200 chip with their $350-$550 equivalent

Hahaha more like $750 AMD cant afford to undercut that much. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

14 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Umm what? Look at that chipset diagram... If it's an x series chipset why is the CPU connecting to it via DMI? Shouldn't the link be QPI for enthusiast boards? Or is this part of their separating enthusiast user sockets from server sockets?

Qpi is long gone between the chipset and cpu. X99 chipset runs on dmi 2.0

Qpi is still there in the cpu. Cpus with 2 qpi can work with 2 cpus.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list